The Beach Boys Grammy-winning Smile Sessions box is enormous, luxurious and indulgent. This massive nine-disc set (5CDs, 2LPs and 2x 7″ singles) also comes with a 60-page book and poster and has cost on average around £100 since it was issued at the end of 2011. Now though, you can take advantage of a great price on Amazon Italy and grab a bargain by picking this up it for less than half price.
At the time of writing this wonderful set is a little over €57 which equates to just over £40.
What’s in the box:
- 5 CDs / 2LPs / 2 7″ singles
- Three-dimensional shadow box lid featuring the original artwork of Frank Holmes.
- 60 page case bound book features liner notes by: Brian Wilson, Mike Love, Al Jardine, Bruce Johnston, Frank Holmes, Peter Reum, Tom Nolan, Domenic Priore
- Frank Holmes drawings
- Producer’s Notes
- More than 60 previously unreleased photos
- 6 panel folder holding 5 CDs and singles. Features photos of original session tape boxes.
- 7″ vinyl singles “Heroes and Villains” in sleeve art, “Vega-Tables” in sleeve art
- Gatefold 2 LPs
- Features full tracklisting of proposed unfinished album + Stereo mixes and session highlights (not available on CDs)
- 12″ x 12″ booklet created for original release features:
- Photos by Guy Webster
- Drawings by Frank Holmes
- 24″ x 36″ poster of Frank Holmes cover art