Altered Images / Greatest Hits pink vinyl

Early eighties Scottish pop band Altered Images have a new Greatest Hits on the way, via Demon Records, which will be pressed on pink vinyl.

This 180g coloured vinyl pressing includes the hit singles ‘Happy Birthday’, ‘I Could Be Happy,’ ‘See Those Eyes’ and ‘Don’t Talk To Me About Love’.

As a bonus, this new vinyl pressing includes the 12-inch versions of both ‘I Could Be Happy’ and ‘Don’t Talk To Me About Love’.

This is released on 29 March 2019.

Altered Images

Greatest Hits coloured vinyl

1. Happy Birthday
2. Don’t Talk To Me About Love
3. See Those Eyes
4. Dead Pop Stars
5. Love To Stay
6. Change Of Heart
7. I Could Be Happy (12″” Version)
8. I Could Be Happy
9. Pinky Blue
10. A Day’s Wait
11. Song Sung Blue
12. Bring Me Closer
13. Don’t Talk To Me About Love (12″” Version)

18 responses to Altered Images / Greatest Hits pink vinyl

1. Steve W says:

As a fan, the completist in me says ‘buy it’ but taking a step back, it’s just a badly put together cash-in. Sorry, I love them, but… disappointed.

2. Tim says:

This is only my opinion, obviously, but Altered Images werentt a great band to start with. Pinky Blue? What the hell is that! This release looks cheap however, from the sleeve right down to the naff pink vinyl.

3. Trash says:

Hmmm – watched the video as ‘I could be happy’ is my favourite Altered Images song. I was sure that the video ended with a cameo by John Gordon Sinclair… but apparently not… strange how the memory plays tricks.

I was so in love with Claire Grogan at the time. Happy days…

4. Mark says:

Should have just released a 12” single of ‘don’t talk to me about love’ and forgot the rest.

5. Tim Weldon says:

Who the heck chose that photo for the cover? It’s dreadful – one of the band members is obscured by Clare Grogan’s hair!

6. VanceMan says:

If only they’d omitted “Song Sung Blue,” I’d have considered purchasing this. At least on the original LP version of Pinky Blue, it was at the end of side one, so you could ignore it.

7. Aaron says:

You can get the complete 4 disc box set for about the same price on CD

• Chris Squires says:

Which is a real mess.
      The Vinyl180 releases are, to me at any rate, the best of the current crop. The 4CD set is all over the place. It might be cheap but it is bad.

• Steve W says:

Why is the 4 CD set all over the place? just wondering…

• Chris Squires says:

No problem Steve.

The key thing for me is that Cherry Red pulled in different masters for the album, rather than re-doing them all brand new so there is some coherence. They took The Edsel 2004 masters for Happy Birthday and Pinky Blue (and kept all the mistakes that were in those two) and only remastered Bite in which they added a few more errors, such as early fade outs and channel switching. When I say they remastered Bite they only did the album not the bonus tracks.

I know it’s horses for courses and two different things entirely but when you get something like Kate Bush where everything in a set is remastered at the same time by the same people with the same ideas then you get consistency. When you pull in source material from all over the place and remaster some and use other things from 15 years ago and do new edits with no thought to the original it becomes a bit of a mess. Not so bad if you are coming to a group new and this is your starting point but as anyone who knows these original albums well will find it is different but not in a good way.

8. David S says:

All looks very nice, but I can’t help wondering what is the point? I’m not sure if they were all released in the UK, but they’ve had about 8 ‘Best Of albums and only released 3 studio albums.

9. Jan says:

now is that a pink sticker or printed on the sleeve? :)

10. Martin Power says: