Amii Stewart / The Hits Remixed

amii_stewart

American disco diva Amii Stewart‘s 1985 album The Hits is being reissued by Cherry Red, with bonus tracks, this August.

The title of The Hits: Remixed, acknowledges that the 31 year old compilation actually featured new remixes of each of the ten tracks. These include the classics Knock On Wood and Light My Fire which were issued as the A and B-side a successful single at the time.

This 2016 edition features attractive, fresh artwork and has been newly remastered and includes two bonus tracks: 1985 extended mixes of the tracks mentioned above.

The Hits: Remixed will be released on 26 August 2016.

Amii Stewart

The Hits : Remixed

Shop Price GBP Stock
HMV uk 6LP coloured vinyl box 9.99

track_listing

1. KNOCK ON WOOD (1985 MIX)
2. YOU REALLY TOUCH MY HEART (1985 MIX)
3. 137 DISCO HEAVEN (1985 MIX)
4. PARADISE BIRD (1985 MIX)
5. MY GUY, MY GIRL (1985 MIX)
6. LIGHT MY FIRE (1985 MIX)
7. ONLY A CHILD IN YOUR EYES (1985 MIX)
8. STEP INTO THE LOVE LINE (1985 MIX)
9. ASH 48 (1985 MIX)
10. JEALOUSY (1985 MIX)

BONUS TRACKS
11. KNOCK ON WOOD/ASH 48 (1985 12″ EXTENDED MIX)
12. LIGHT MY FIRE/137 DISCO HEAVEN (1985 12″ EXTENDED MIX)

22 responses to Amii Stewart / The Hits Remixed

1. BE.D 12" says:

Good news about Amii Stewart!
    But I hope that Cherry Red remastered (if it is possibile)
    the album “Try Love” (1984) arranged by Mike Francis (RIP)
    with some rares 12″.

2. Kauwgompie says:

So they are all new remixes but the new remix is called “1985 Mix”? Where they all done in 1985? Very confusing.

3. Sam Lowry says:

Looks like disc 2 of 1997’s The Hits & The Remixes with both sides of the 1985 12 inch added.
    I have that release and audio quality is no good.

• Randy Metro says:

Sam, I agree. That 2 CD set sounded horrid. The remixes were terrible, and I doubt that remastering them will help. Possibly my mind is stuck in 1979-80 and no updated remastered remixes will change it.

4. Joeloop says:

The original Knock on Wood and Paradise Bird albums are still missing……

• Randy Metro says:

I went in search of the original albums in the “hinterland.” And found them, sourced decently from vinyl. It has been a long time since I listened to those great albums which may have been due to the burn I got from listening to the Remixed Hits album CD.

Knock On Wood & Paradise Bird are worth a full CD release if not a Bonus or Deluxe treatment of each. Amii Stewart’s music after those first two albums completely lost me.

5. James says:

The 1985 2nd/Remix 12″ with the Knock On Wood/LightMy Fire Megamix would have been an interesting addition, too…

6. Pete in Australia says:

Funny I have been looking at Amii Stewart of late, still have my vinyl records and would love like {Joeloop} to have Amii Stewart and Paradise Bird released on CD {properly – not bootleg}. I love remixes, and whilst I am very keen on this, have not heard any of the remixes, and still love the original long versions on both albums, and sometimes remixes can be such a let down.

7. gwynogue says:

I like this, but it’s a strange concept – re-issuing remix/compilation albums rather than studio albums. But these remixes are/were exclusive to the release so I guess I can see the reasoning.

If Cherry Red are going to continue with this concept, I hope they do Boney M’s 1988/1989 remix albums. I finally managed to get the CDs last year and I love them, but the volume is PAINFULLY low and some of the remixes seem terribly short. At that time, vinyl was still a mass-produced format – perhaps they were made short so they’d all fit on the LP release.

8. Pako says:

I hope Cherry Red remaster Knock On Wood, Paradise Bird, Images (I’m Gonna Get You Love for US) and Try Love inluding all single versions, b-sides and other rare songs from 1979 to 1985

9. elliott buckingham says:

have the original 12″ of knock on wood its a brilliant remix and deon estus on my guy my girl has a great voice too

• Randy Metro says:

Have to do a shout out to Amii’s original version of My Guy My Girl with Johnny Bristol duet-ting. The Deon version appears to be readily available. The Bristol version is more rare (and much better!)

The Deon version is a remake and not a remix. Anyone know why the Bristol version has been disowned?

• Randy Metro says:

Is the original 12” version of Knock On Wood different from the original album version?

• Marc says:

Yes. The original album version of KOW was about 5:48 min, then a longer version with the drum intro was added, then there are 2 different 12″ mixes (US and LP)

• Randy Metro says:

Aha! The old LP switcheroo trick. Marc, thanks for that info. That probably explains why I’ve found two different album versions of Jealousy, both of which segue into the next track on the Paradise Bird album.

10. Auntie Sabrina says:

Barry Leng was involved with both the original and remix versions.

Hopefully Amii’s Atlantuc Hansa albums get remastered.and deluxed…

11. JT says:

My favourite track of hers by far is the amazing “Friends”.
    Doesn’t seem to be included here.

12. Auntie Sabrina says:

JT, Friends was on the Try Love album which was on RCA. It is a great track, especially the 8 minute version

• BE.D 12" says:

Don’t you forget about “That loving feeling” on the same album,
      especially in his rare 5.30″ extended version!

13. Geoff C. says:

It would be cool if they could include the Hot Tracks remix of this, which is based heavily on the 1985 12″ mix. One of my favorite Hot Tracks mixes (Very Best of Hot Tracks Vol. 3.)

14. Teevor says:

It would have been nice to include the 1985 twelve inch remixes of You Really Touch My Heart and My Guy/My Guy. Also, I thought the original artwork and photos of Amii rocking the pink dress were wonderful and should have been kept!