Aretha’s Greatest Hits / vinyl reissue

aretha_hits

Rhino will reissue Atlantic Records’ 1971 Aretha Franklin compilation album Aretha’s Greatest Hits, on vinyl LP in September.

The album was a big seller at the time and features the hits I Say A Little Prayer, Respect and Chain Of Fools (amongst others). Spanish Harlem, You’re All I Need to Get By and Bridge Over Troubled Water were new recordings for this record.

Curiously, this album has never been issued on CD, although this new vinyl edition is great value at the time of writing at just £10 in the UK. It’s released on 2 September 2016.

Aretha Franklin

Greatest Hits [VINYL]

Shop Price GBP Stock
HMV uk 6LP coloured vinyl box 12.99

track_listing

Side 1
1. Spanish Harlem
2. Chain Of Fools
3. Don’t Play That Song (You Lied)
4. I Say A Little Prayer
5. Dr. Feelgood (Love Is Serious Business)
6. Let It Be
7. Do Right Woman, Do Right Man

Side 2
1. Bridge Over Troubled Water
2. Respect
3. Baby I Love You
4. (You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman
5. I Never Loved A Man (The Way I Love You)
6. You’re All I Need To Get By
7. Call Me

10 responses to Aretha’s Greatest Hits / vinyl reissue

1. Daniel Wylie says:

A greatest hits without “Angel” on it, isn’t complete.

2. Ollie Carlisle says:

It’s a reissue of an album that came out in 1971, meaning it would struggle to include “Angel”, a song that came out two years later.

3. Craig Hedges says:

Aretha doesn’t look too happy in the picture, she’s obviously embarrassed that her dress was the same colour as the carpet.

4. Shane says:

Quite a random title to reissue isn’t it?

5. Brian says:

I still have the LP I bought in junior high school.”Angel” is on “30 Greatest Hits,” the Eighties double LP comp, and the appropriate CD best-ofs.

6. Billy Dojcak says:

I found this secondhand a few months ago. Vinyl and sleeve near mint. Think I paid $2.

7. tom says:

That photo is a health and safety accident waiting to happen.

8. Shane says:

I actually find the cover artwork itself to be quite appealing.

9. Simon says:

It looks like they snuck into the mall while it was closed to take the pic and she’s about to leg it once they’ve got the shot

10. AlexKx says:

I communicated with Aretha once a few years ago! It was in Columbia, South Carolina the Three Rivers City Festival and she had just done her high powered show with jumping up and down quite a bit in her dress! I was also doing the same thing in long pants though….Anyways I had to wait for some friends who went to see a different show so I stood over near the gate by the stage that had been up during the concert whilst we were watching on the field. It was a moment where the entire place had cleared out with a handful of exceptions here and there but even then it was even quieter still being that it was after the show. Any who and how I’m looking around and all of a sudden I see someone being helped down the stair and spoke to one or two people near me and asked,”Is that Aretha???!!!!!!”. They all concured and I stood there thinking how could I weasel myself in to speak to her and maybe get an autograph? Well, no such thing totally happened BUT I did realize I could probably yell a compliment to her or something and all of a sudden thought and realized…”What would I yell to her?!”. I figured how great she was still out and about doing live performance so I yelled, “Thanks for keeping it up Aretha!” and as she was being led down the stairs she stopped and pointed at ME!!!!! That was SO cool, man! Totally rocked my world! So while it wasn’t much I did communicate with on some level. Mine being, ahem, cough, the ground level and….um….uh, yeah a few levels above…on…the….stairs. Needless to say it was great and something I will forever be able to talk about!