Barenaked Ladies / Stunt deluxe reissue

CD+DVD combo with documentary • vinyl LP with bonus tracks

Barenaked Ladies will reissue their fourth album Stunt, in September, as a special 20th anniversary CD+DVD edition and on vinyl, with both formats including bonus tracks.

The Canadian band’s 1998 long-player is their most successful, peaking at number three on the US charts on the Billboard thanks to the massive success of the single One Week which sold a staggering five million copies and reached number one in America. It was also a top five hit in both the UK and Canada.

The CD+DVD 20th anniversary edition of Stunt features three bonus tracks on the CD element (album outtakes She’s On Time and Long Way Back Home and Get In Line from the King Of The Hill Soundtrack) and the DVD includes the Barenaked in America, the 1999 documentary directed by Jason Preistly. There is no word on remastering.

This documentary features nearly 90 minutes of live performances and behind-the-scenes footage. Until now, the film has been unavailable on DVD in North America. The vinyl reissue includes two of the bonus tracks, but finds no space for Get In Line.

These 20th anniversary editions of Stunt will be released on 28 September 2018.

Barenaked Ladies

stunt - CD+DVD edition

Barenaked Ladies

stunt - vinyl LP

STUNT: 20TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION
CD/DVD Track Listing:
1.    “One Week”
2.    “It’s All Been Done”
3.    “Light Up My Room”
4.    “I’ll Be That Girl”
5.    “Leave”
14.  “She’s On Time” – From the Ltd. Edition
15.  “Long Way Back Home” – From the Ltd. Edition
16.  “Get In Line” – from King Of The Hill Soundtrack

STUNT: 20TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION
LP Track Listing:
1.    “One Week”
2.    “It’s All Been Done”
3.    “Light Up My Room”
4.    “I’ll Be That Girl”
5.    “Leave”
6.    “Alcohol”
7.    “Call and Answer”
8.    “In The Car”
9.    “Never Is Enough”
10.  “Who Needs Sleep”
11.  “Told You So”
12.  “Some Fantastic”
13.  “When You Dream”
Bonus Tracks
14.  “She’s On Time” – From the Ltd. Edition
15.  “Long Way Back Home” – From the Ltd. Edition

DVD
Barenaked In America – Documentary of the band’s “Stunt” tour, directed by Jason Priestly

1.   A Glimpse Like no Other
2.   Stunt Tour ’98; “Be My Yoko Ono”
3.   Not The Road; “Who Needs Sleep”
4.   Barenaked
5.   Canada, Eh?
6.   Backstage
7.   Improvisation
8.   On Stage; “Alcohol”
9.   Rhythm; “Straw Hat And Old Dirty Hank”
10. So Different; Break Your Heart”
11. Barenaked Hockey
12. Christmas Special; “The Old Apartment”
13. Bare-Who; “One Week”
14. New York; “If I Had $1,000,000”
15. Success; “It’s All Been Done”
16. Kevin; “Call And Answer”
17. Years To Come; “Brian Wilson”
18. End Credits; “Long Way Back Home”

The Stunt Tour – DVD
19. Introduction
20. It’s All Been Done
21. Who Needs Sleep
22. Straw Hat And Old Dirty Hank
23. Alcohol
24. Call And Answer
25. Some Fantastic (ivory and Ivory)
26. One Week
27. Break Your Heart
28. The Old Apartment
29. Brian Wilson
30. If I Had $1,000,000

21 responses to Barenaked Ladies / Stunt deluxe reissue

1. Pingback:Out This Week / on 28 September 2018 | superdeluxeedition

2. steve says:

LOL

3. Paul Mac says:

I actively dislike One Week, but love this band, have even managed to catch them live once despite them not playing in Ireland that often. Gordon is a classic, but I’ve really liked some of their recent releases, particularly Grinning Streak and Silverball. I think the version of The Old Apartment they did on the album with the Persuasions is even better than the original.

Since I don’t actually have a copy of this album already, I guess now would be the time to invest.

4. Kevin says:

Does the vinyl also include the documentary? I have been searching for Barenaked in America for years I was hopeful for a HD Blu Ray release but this will do.
    Wish they provided more details about the mastering, the original pressing from 2 years ago was ok at best this album deserves the full analog treatment worth better dynamic range

• Gareth says:

You’ve been searching for Barenaked In America for years? I don’t wish to sound rude, but your search couldn’t have taken you very far. The DVD has been easily available on Amazon and eBay for years!

• Kevin says:

Yes, Region B DVDs or VCDs that aren’t compatible with my player. Not to mention they’re taken from the VHS and look terrible. An HD release would have been nice

5. Mark Lavallee says:

Love the band, sadly pigeonholed as a goof band because of some of their earlier tunes and tracks like One Week. I’ve always found this to be the weakest of their earlier efforts, still a wonderful album though. Shame they’ve skipped out on issuing deluxe editions of the first three. Lot of bonus material they could dig up.

6. Francis says:

I will certainly be updating from the original CD to this expanded CD/DVD reissue.

7. Michael Fortin says:

Hmmm… looks interesting. I might bite. I don’t have much of their stuff, save for a couple of the hits on complications. Can anyone else recommend this album?

• Richard Starkey says:

Oh yes…..it’s an awesome album top to bottom. Very tuneful, catchy, cleverly written, satirical lyrics, with great production and arrangements. Captures the spirit of the late 1990’s perfectly. You will love it…!

• Donna King says:

“One Week” is not indicative of this album at all. As a long time fan, I would say it’s my least favorite track on the album. Seeing them perform live is a treat, they are a very dynamic and fan centric band. This is a strong album with some beautiful songs (Call and Answer, When You Dream) and some really catchy tunes (It’s All Been Done, Alcohol). Of course I already have the CD downloaded on my iPhone, but I’ll be ordering it for my vinyl collection.

8. Francis says:

I wish they had added the track “Brian Wilson” which was a single when this album was originally released considering it was added to the 2CD Special Edition at that time along with 6 other bonus tracks.

• Matthew Breach says:

Brian Wilson is off the debut album “Gordon”- which is an absolute classic and a must buy if you like that song. “Stunt” is a good album and I will buy the reissue despite having all the extras and DVD material, but a full reissue of “Gordon” with proper bonuses would be stunning! The recent vinyl update of it was great but only the original track listing …

• Gisabun says:

@Francis:
      Yup. I have that 2CD edition. Looks like I will need to keep both editions.
      They could of easily filled the CD with the bonus tracks [and them some].

9. HalloweenJack says:

Totally unnecessary and eventually to be found, again, in the discount bins. Only good thing here is Kevin Hearn musicianship.

10. Daryl says:

Fantastic!
    I have always thought that Barenaked Ladies are one of the most underrated bands around. I’d love to see a comprehensive deluxe treatment given to all of their albums but this is a start. Shame there aren’t more bonus tracks, but a nice package nonetheless.
    Incidentally, for anyone who likes their music, Steven Page’s solo albums are well worth the cost.
    Get In Line is one of my favourite songs by them by the way (already available on Disc One: All Their Greatest Hits though).

11. Greg says:

Great album and a reasonable price for the CD/DVD edition… pre-ordered!!

12. Chris Squires says:

I tried, I really tried to love these guys. I even saw them live at the Royal Albert Hall in 2001.

It’s just every time I listened to one of their albums I kept thinking “this is a Duffy Knock-off” and reached for Music in Colors, Duffy or I Love My Friends to hear how it was done properly.

So it’s not the usual “I hate them” or “everything they did is Rubbish” that you sometimes get from people who have never actually listened to as much as a single track all the way through.

Three of the tracks on Stunt were written by Stephen Duffy so I gave it a really good shot.

I just didn’t get it when the original is just done so much better. The track “Jane” (from Maybe you should Drive) to me, just makes my point. I listened to both versions this morning and there is no comparison. The BNL used it as an album opener and SAJD saw fit to leave it as unreleased until it squeezed on the end of a re-release a decade later.

I fully get that I will be in a minority as these guys have a shed-load of fans and I know they are loved. I just never quite got it.

13. Ian B says:

Good to hear this is getting a reissue. A great band with a great catalogue particularly good live as no two gigs are the same. Will probably get the vinyl as it has the extra tracks although I already have the MOV version.

14. Gareth says:

I have everything here. I bought a deluxe edition of Stunt when it was originally released that came with ‘She’s On Time’! And I have the Barenaked In America doc/concert DVD (and you currently can find it on Discogs for under £4 or Amazon for under £7!). But for anyone who doesn’t, this is a nice package.