Bat For Lashes / pre-order SIGNED copy of forthcoming album ‘The Bride’

Bat For Lashes are back in July with their fourth album The Bride, and signed copies are available for pre-order.

The ‘band’ is of course Natasha Khan and the new record sounds promising; a concept album that follows the story of a woman whose fiancé has been killed in a crash on the way to the church for their wedding. In the narrative ‘The Bride’ flees the scene to take the honeymoon trip alone, resulting in – we are told – “a dark meditation on love, loss, grief, and celebration”. You can hear In God’s House from the album below.

I’m mentioning Bat For Lashes here on SDE because I found 2009’s Two Suns an incredibly rewarding piece of work – it is probably one of my favourite ‘new’ albums of the last 10 years. So if you’re not familiar with their music, it’s worth checking out.

The Bride will be released on Parlophone on 1 July 2016. Signed CDs are available for a limited time only. [Update: now sold out]

Bat For Lashes

7. Close Encounters
8. Widow’s Peak
9. Land’s End
10. If I Knew
11. I Will Love Again
12. In Your Bed

32 responses to Bat For Lashes / pre-order SIGNED copy of forthcoming album ‘The Bride’

1. HS says:

Ordered! About a week ago I also ordered something on Amazon UK that was listed as a box set with 4 discs, for just 10.99. It seems to be gone now from Amazon, but I still have it in my orders.

• KevinK says:

There’s a deluxe vinyl & CD (& Air Freshener!!) set – if you ordered that for £10.99 you’ve got a bargain!

• Rob says:

What I saw on Amazon UK was a three disc box set for £14.99 (took a screencap of it) The ASIN number was ‘b01cnv2fug’ googling that number comes up with nothing. This was before the standard CD appeared and didn’t feature the artwork. At the time I thought it may include a DVD of Natasha’s short film ‘I Do’.
      It would now appear the boxset features the two vinyl discs and the cd (which I trust features the bonus track The Cloud which is not mentioned on Amazon) and costs considerably more

2. Darren says:

I agree with you on Bat For Lashes.
    I don’t embrace many new artists these days, but I love all three of her albums.
    Thanks for the heads up. I didn’t know she had a new one coming. Looking forward to it.

3. Mike says:

Thanks for the heads up. I’ll definitely check this out – I’ve thoroughly enjoyed all her previous work.

4. DJ Salinger says:

Ah, those two magic words – ‘eagerly’ and ‘anticipated’. She’s that rare thing these days – an artist that grows with each album and tries something different while still keeping quality control fully engaged. A great collaborator, too: last year’s Sexwitch mini-LP with Toy was excellent stuff, and her tracks with Jon Hopkins (‘Garden’s Heart’) and Beck (‘Let’s Get Lost’) are well worth getting to know if you’ve not encountered them before now.

5. Angelo says:

Love her! She takes a healthy time between records and I didn’t know a new one was coming.

She definitely belongs to the group of artists from this generation that are worth checking out.

6. gb says:

love Two suns. at the time I was real disappointed the single download (and then album version) of daniel was not the same as the one in the video for the song. looking at wikipedia now I think that it was this??

7″ “Daniel” (Cenzo Townshend radio edit) – 3:29

really like the immediacy of the start of the ‘video version’
    could never find it on cd

looking forward to the new album.

7. Andrew says:

Personally, I just about preferred ‘the haunted man’ to the first 2 albums, I found it more, err….haunting. There is a deluxe edition of The Bride available via the official site with a deluxe price tag of £59.99, complete with, God preserve us, ‘air freshener from the bride’s car’ – what a stinker!

8. Dan says:

I love Two Suns, I’ve got it on vinyl, looks like it’s quite rare now and goes for quite a lot of eBay.
    Daniel, Pearl Dreams, Moon & Moon, Siren Song, all amazing songs.
    Loving In Gods House, will definitely get this album on vinyl.

Would really like Two Suns on vinyl, so if anyone has a ‘spare’ set :) I thought the CD+DVD deluxe of Two Suns was really good.

• D B says:

I’m sure they’ll get reissued too, it’s just a matter of time! I missed out on Haunted Man vinyl, saw it in HMV for £30, thought it was too much, a month later I noticed it was gone and out of print :(

9. Auntie Sabrina says:

Florence Welch, Ellie Goulding, Foxes – all overated, Natasha Khan you are the true original…

PS Any Kate Bush news love?

10. Peter Anderson says:

Know nothing about them but just picked up the debut CD used for 29p and the Two Suns CD/DVD set for £1.49 so happy to give them a try on your recommendation! Peter

11. eyelash says:

Stood in front of her at Boston Calling performance. Fantastic. Ordered. Thanks Paul.

12. Peter B says:

Great artist. More non-heritage artists on SDE, please!

13. DJ Salinger says:

Anyone in on or near London may be interested to know tickets have just gone on sale this morning (March 18th) for a BFL one-off gig at Union Chapel, Islington, on 16 May. Might be the first opportunity to hear the new material.

Whether you can buy your very own ‘air freshener from the bride’s car’ from the merchandise stand remains unconfirmed…

14. michael1984 says:

I’m sorry but I just have to sat that I love it when she’s nekkid on her LP covers…

15. Pingback:Saturday Deluxe / 26 March 2016 | superdeluxeedition

16. JF says:

Sort of Enya meets Kate Bush for the Lily Allen hoodie brigade…probably talented but won’t go far…the 15 minutes are up.

She’s ten years into a successful career. Do we need to try and categorise people like that…?

• DJ Salinger says:

Hilarious. A statement worthy of Alan Partridge. File with: “Wings –the band the Beatles could’ve been”.

17. andrew R says:

Paul any info on a coloured ltd vinyl that is being offered
    by secondary sellers . Will this be available via amazon?

There is an ‘indies only’ double green vinyl, a bit like the Radiohead white vinyl. Doubt we’ll see it on Amazon… although once it’s out marketplace sellers might sell some.

18. ant says:

she must be a big fan of Kate Bush like myself, Never Forever such a great album (wedding list)

19. John says:

She has built up an impressive body of work and any new material is a must buy for me. I’ve played all her albums to death and they get more interesting with every listen.

She is one of the few modern artists to break through my old fogey resistance to listening to anything new, so I’m very grateful to her!

20. Renato says:

Natasha Khan, Imogen Heap and Florence are probably the three best “new” (not that new, actually) female artists in a looooong time. Love each and every one of their albums. Will get The Bride as soon as I possibly can!
    (Oh, I’m quite fond of Lana del Rey, as well, but I wouldn’t say that she’s in the same league as these three.)

21. Pingback:Other artists please note: This is how you sign an item | superdeluxeedition