Beatles in Mono: vinyl set unboxed

Pete Nash from The Beatles fan club magazine is you host as he digs in and unboxes the forthcoming Beatles in Mono vinyl box set (due out on 8 September).

mono_vinyl_box

Mono 14LP vinyl box set with book

21 responses to Beatles in Mono: vinyl set unboxed

1. Paul W says:

Oddly compelling. Good work.

2. Adey says:

Stunning set just ordered one after watching the video. Now all I need is a turntable…

3. ken says:

The whole euphoria about this set is very sad. The reviews I’ve read so far all seem to have been utilising a top end hi-fi (Mojo used one costing£108k!) The majority of this music was recorded as lo-fi so whats the point? If people still feel the need to spend £300 on music almost 50 years old good luck to them, but come on , this set is for hi-fi nerds and Beatles anoraks only.

• Ron I says:

@ Ken

I have no idea what you’re talking about, dude. I love the music and that’s where it ends for me. I’ve got a very modest system but can’t wait to spin these. To each his own, so don’t let it get you down.

• John C. says:

Your comment’s OK by me. That leaves more sets for people that WANT them. Why do you even care?

4. Joe says:

Ken! Did you really think a £288 product was something that was going to have a huge mass appeal? Anoraks it is.

5. Paul Kent says:

Hmmm, my comment has disappeared. Can I ask why, Paul?

• trash says:

My comment seems to have disappeared too (and I’m sure it was not offensive or controversial).

Maybe a glitch?

6. Chuck Salazar says:

Beautiful Box…but just only one BAD point, the absence of the “Use Emitex” White Inner Sleeves in the first 6 Albums…very disappointing.

7. Ranasakawa says:

Although I am not a vinyl fan, I did enjoy the video and may consider getting this as an investment.

8. PAC says:

I enjoyed it too. Enthusiasm always infectious but not sure I will be adding it to the stereo box.. Time will tell I suppose !

9. Quinn says:

Emitex inner sleeves? Really? Hopefully they’ll be in some nice poly-lined ones a la MFSL releases.

10. Paul Swift says:

Now that is what you call an un boxing video ! Excellent.

11. Andy says:

I was only going to buy the albums I really like – not already owning any Beatles vinyl – which is Rubber Soul through to the White Album. But once I saw the prices of the individual albums, coupled with the video of the unboxing, I decided to go for it and pre-order the whole thing.

12. Mike the Fish says:

Yeah, it’s a shame with all the attention to detail that the inner sleeves weren’t replicated (in print design – rather than the type of poly or whatever lining).

13. Neil Brown says:

I received my EU pressed copy on Thursday and its already on its way back. There was a pressing error on the Mono Masters LP (a lump in the vinyl !). Minor quality issues also on 3 others where the excess vinyl was not removed creating lumps on the lead in and also poor label positioning on a couple of others. I hope mine is a one off. I have asked for refund because I want to be sure that there is not some broad pressing issue here. What a shame. It really should not happen on such an expensive box set.

14. Quinn says:

They’re all pressed in the EU. Maybe Rainbo should’ve done it.