Best Buy offer exclusive edition of Paul McCartney’s Flowers in the Dirt

US retailer Best Buy will offer an exclusive version of Paul McCartney‘s forthcoming Flowers in the Dirt reissue…

The consumer electronics giant will sell the 2CD edition that will effectively come with a coloured seven-inch vinyl single of My Brave Face – the first single from the album back in 1989. I say ‘effectively’ because you do have to send off a voucher to redeem your vinyl single. The bad news, for fans outside the USA, is that Best Buy don’t ship internationally.

For the time being, this is the only place the B-side, Flying To My Home, will be reissued physically, since that track is part of the controversial ‘download-only’ selection.

Talking of My Brave Face, Paul recently issued the original acoustic demo of the song which features on ‘CD two’ of this double-disc set. You can hear it below, with some footage taken from the DVD which comes with the super deluxe edition.

Flowers in the Dirt will be reissued on 24 March 2017. You can pre-order this Best Buy edition here.

Paul McCartney

Flowers in the Dirt - 4-disc deluxe book edition

FNAC fr 6LP coloured vinyl box 129.99

Paul McCartney

Flowers in the Dirt - 2LP Vinyl edition

FNAC fr 6LP coloured vinyl box 29.99

Paul McCartney

Flowers in the Dirt - 2CD edition

FNAC fr 6LP coloured vinyl box 15.99

track_listing

flowersinthedirt

Deluxe 3CD+DVD book edition

DISC 1:
1. My Brave Face (2017 Remaster)
2. Rough Ride (2017 Remaster)
3. You Want Her Too (2017 Remaster)
4. Distractions (2017 Remaster)
5. We Got Married (2017 Remaster)
6. Put It There (2017 Remaster)
7. Figure Of Eight (2017 Remaster)
8. This One (2017 Remaster)
9. Don’t Be Careless Love (2017 Remaster)
10. That Day Is Done (2017 Remaster)
11. How Many People (2017 Remaster)
12. Motor Of Love (2017 Remaster)
13. Où Est Le Soleil? (2017 Remaster)

DISC 2: (original Elvis Costello demos)
1. The Lovers That Never Were (Original Demo)
2. Tommy’s Coming Home (Original Demo)
3. Twenty Fine Fingers (Original Demo)
4. So Like Candy (Original Demo)
5. You Want Her Too (Original Demo)
6. That Day Is Done (Original Demo)
7. Don’t Be Careless Love (Original Demo)
8. My Brave Face (Original Demo)
9. Playboy To A Man (Original Demo)

DISC 3:
1. The Lovers That Never Were (1988 Demo)
2. Tommy’s Coming Home (1988 Demo)
3. Twenty Fine Fingers (1988 Demo)
4. So Like Candy (1988 Demo)
5. You Want Her Too (1988 Demo)
6. That Day Is Done (1988 Demo)
7. Don’t Be Careless Love (1988 Demo)
8. My Brave Face (1988 Demo)
9. Playboy To A Man (1988 Demo)

DOWNLOAD ONLY:
Original B-sides, remixes and single edits:
1. Back On My Feet
2. Flying To My Home
3. The First Stone
4. Good Sign
5. This One (Club Lovejoys Mix)
6. Figure Of Eight (12” Bob Clearmountain Mix)
7. Loveliest Thing
8. Où Est Le Soleil? (12” Mix)
9. Où Est Le Soleil? (Tub Dub Mix)
10. Où Est Le Soleil? (7” Mix)
11. Où Est Le Soleil? (Instrumental)
12. Party Party (Original Mix)
13. Party Party (Club Mix)
Cassette demos:
1. I Don’t Want To Confess
2. Shallow Grave
3. Mistress And Maid

DVD

Music Videos:
01. My Brave Face
02. My Brave Face (Version 2)
03. This One (Version 1)
04. This One (Version 2)
05. Figure Of Eight
06. Party Party
07. Où Est Le Soleil?
08. Put It There
09. Distractions
10. We Got Married

Creating Flowers in the Dirt:
01. Paul And Elvis
02. Buds In The Studio
03. The Making Of ‘This One’
(The Dean Chamberlain One)

Put it There:

8. This One
9. Don’t Be Careless Love
10. That Day Is Done
11. How Many People
12. Motor of Love
13. Où Est Le Soleil?* digital download

LP 2 (Original Elvis Costello demos)
1. The Lovers That Never Were (Original Demo)
2. Tommy’s Coming Home (Original Demo)
3. Twenty Fine Fingers (Original Demo)
4. So Like Candy (Original Demo)
5. You Want Her Too (Original Demo)
6. That Day Is Done (Original Demo)
7. Don’t Be Careless Love (Original Demo)
8. My Brave Face (Original Demo)
9. Playboy To A Man (Original Demo)

flowers2cd

8. This One
9. Don’t Be Careless Love
10. That Day Is Done
11. How Many People
12. Motor of Love
13. Où Est Le Soleil?

CD 2 (Original Elvis Costello demos)
1. The Lovers That Never Were (Original Demo)
2. Tommy’s Coming Home (Original Demo)
3. Twenty Fine Fingers (Original Demo)
4. So Like Candy (Original Demo)
5. You Want Her Too (Original Demo)
6. That Day Is Done (Original Demo)
7. Don’t Be Careless Love (Original Demo)
8. My Brave Face (Original Demo)
9. Playboy To A Man (Original Demo)

38 responses to Best Buy offer exclusive edition of Paul McCartney’s Flowers in the Dirt

1. elliott buckingham says:

makes more sense to offer the 7″ with the dbl lp version

2. Ollie Carlisle says:

3. Lee Taylor says:

If this doesn’t drive people to streaming, I don’t know what will.

4. John Wede says:

Sorry, Sir Paul isn’t getting my money on this one.

5. Stephen says:

Talk about turn your back on where you came from. I’m giving up on Paul McCartney. I gave up smoking when I realised I was a slave to it. I won’t be a slave to hunting down anymore of his re-issues. I feel free already ;)

6. adam shaw says:

When Speed Of Sound delux came out Best Buy gave away the Let Em In 7″ , we got the single on record store day , so maybe that will happen again .

7. DaveM says:

I have now got all the CD released stuff that is download only on this, which amounts to seven tracks, which I have got hold of since the announcement. But looking into what I didn’t already have , I realised that six of the B sides and remixes were vinyl only in the first place, making it even more galling they will not see CD release.

8. noyoucmon says:

And it’ll no doubt cost $8 for shipping like the Best Buy singles offered with Speed of Sound/Venus and Mars.

9. Ben Williams says:

If there is one incentive to get people to stream music, its to release a good old 45rpm single with a B-side exclusive to vinyl. Good one Mpl/Capitol, you’re nailing this reissue lark ;-)

I am sticking to my 1993 remasters, various modern albums, a boot of non-album tracks and my box set of ‘Pure’ from here on in. I’m done buying Macca reissues. It was frustrating whilst it lasted. I plan on spending the £134.99 saved on not buying Flowers In The Dirt on many classic albums I don’t yet own.

10. Charles K. says:

Set the controls for heart of the troll Sir Paul!

11. Jake says:

> Probably the only time this deluxe edition will ever appear in the same sentence as the phrase ‘best buy’.

On a day that was rather stressful, this made me smile. Thanks, Ollie… I needed that!

12. Bill says:

Grrrr.

13. Nick Preece says:

It’s ridiculous…. another British Artist getting an exclusive 7″ in USA Only….. yet again…. no doubt the 7″ Single will be straight on eBay for stupid amounts..,…,

14. William_M says:

i’d keep an eye on targets site, along with best buy they release stand alone special editions and McCartney might pop up on there http://intl.target.com/c/music-only-at-target-entertainment/-/N-5d9bd?Nao=0&sortBy=newest (and they ship to the UK…but it’s not cheap shipping)

• gwynogue says:

I had a look at that site – it seems Australia and New Zealand aren’t on their shipping list! (although Nauru and Christmas Island are, LOL)

Plus it looks like Target exclusives are for US customers only – I added Adele (sorry Paul S, but I really do like her :P) 25 Target edition to my cart, but when I changed country at checkout I got an ‘error’ message saying it cannot be shipped to my chosen country. :(

That’s what pisses me off about Target/Best Buy/HMV etc. exclusives – they don’t ship internationally. They can be found from ‘flippers’ on eBay, but at OUTRAGEOUS prices.

Same issue with downloads – you can’t download from other countries, which is a real bastard when a song/album/film you want isn’t available in your country. And this frustration is compounded on Aussie iTunes, where what is available is (on average) 60% more expensive than everywhere else!

/rant

• Gisabun says:

I’m tired of these exclusives.
        I did have a good chuckle when HMV Canada banned the Rolling Bones and Elton John when each of them released exclusive box sets [a decade or so ago] at a competitor.
        HMV Canada will be shut down completely at the end of April.

15. richie says:

I always was a Beatles fan although I took a `holiday` after Sgt. Pepper, I got into psychedelia, (the music not the hallucinogenics!) and garage music in a big way. I only bought the later albums in `74/`75, so I came to listen closely to Macca only in the `00`s. I was into Lennon and Harrison from the start. Ringo? Greatest Hits and the album `Ringo`.

At first I didn`t like Macca, I thought his music was a bit `soft`. I bought `Band On The Run` in the early `00`s and thought not bad! Since I have started to pick up these later reissues, I have kept away from the Deluxe Editions unless they were on really special offer. Therefore I haven`t had to replace any albums. I read your report of your telephone `conversation` with Macca`s manager Paul and I think he was full of bull shit. If for example Bill Nelson can release `Deluxe` 6 CD Editions and retail them for £45 I`m f@ckin` sure Macca`s people can arrange similar editions. £130 for 3 CDs, a DVD & F@ckin` downlaod. I will be buying the `Flowers In The Dirt` 2CD Edition because I don`t have it and the music will be new to me, so I guess I`m lucky. Not as lucky as Macca and his bull shit manager.

• Gisabun says:

Why is it that Sir Paul’s dirty flowers is about twice the price of other box sets [yes, pre-sale ones tend to drop but I can’t see a huge drop].

• Charles K. says:

Greed from knowing the album was not a wide hit so milking the hard core fans of FITD seems appropriate to him. No one should have to pay that much for extreme AOR.

16. Shawn says:

$8 for shipping for the 7″ single?!?! Shipping was free for a similar Best Buy offer for Pet Sounds which came with a bonus 7″ single of Wouldn’t It Be Nice.

I never bought a lot of McCartney over the years. I’ll buy this one because the 2 CD set will certainly be at a decent price during the first week of release and the 7″ single is a nice bonus.

17. I don’t think shipping was $8 for the V&M/WATSOS bonus 7″ singles. And yes, it does seem dumb to offer the 7″ single with the 2CD edition instead of the 2LP edition. Must be because they think that those getting the CDs will listen to them but the bonus 7″ will be more of a souvenir than something they’d actually play. As I was planning on getting the 2CD version anyhow, this makes perfect sense for me. (I’m getting the 2LP, too, but passing on the super deluxe version until I find a REALLY GOOD DEAL on it!)

18. Dirk McQuickley says:

There’s a lot of moaning about the price here, but this looks like good value compared to George Harrison’s recent vinyl reissues, which don’t come with any bonus material.

19. noyoucmon says:

Sir Paulie continues to be a man of the future! You get your bonus tracks as streaming-only, but how about these great new colouring book images! Thanks for knowing exactly what the fans want!

• gwynogue says:

Good Lord – you can get WordPuzzles as well! His next re-issue might come in a special ‘Take A Break!’ edition.
      “Kisses On The Bottom” re-named “Answers On The Bottom”?
      “Maybe I’m A-Maze-d”?

20. Bill Hammell says:

These three b-sides can be found on the 1993 UK Paul McCartney Collection release
    0 77778 91382 5

14 Back On My Feet 4:24
    15 Flying To My Home 4:15
    16 Loveliest Thing 3:58

These are not:

3. The First Stone
    4. Good Sign
    5. This One (Club Lovejoys Mix)
    6. Figure Of Eight (12” Bob Clearmountain Mix)
    8. Où Est Le Soleil? (12” Mix)
    9. Où Est Le Soleil? (Tub Dub Mix)
    10. Où Est Le Soleil? (7” Mix)
    11. Où Est Le Soleil? (Instrumental)
    12. Party Party (Original Mix)
    13. Party Party (Club Mix)
    Cassette demos:
    1. I Don’t Want To Confess
    2. Shallow Grave
    3. Mistress And Maid

• DaveM says:

@Bill, to get 3 I have bought the This One single, for 10 & 12 the Japanese 2 CD edition (plus theres other stuff on there not included on the downloads). I picked up Paul McCartney Rocks for the Figure of Eight clearmountain mix although it is the 7″ version. Highly recommend Rocks as the mixes on there of stuff I already have are the best I have ever heard. Haven’t bought the FOE single for track 3 as there is too much repeated on the Japanese 2 CD. Already had the 93 FITD. TBH, despite downloadgate I have really enjoyed picking them up.

21. Rob Maurer says:

You know what? I don’t necessarily have an issue with the “download only” thing in principle. It’s that it’ll be MP3 that I can’t fathom. Offer a FLAC or WAV option, at least, for people that want equivalent lossless CD quality.

22. Nowhereman says:

At least the Costello demos are now being made available on a hard copy. . .pity it’s cassette tape!!

23. adam shaw says:

So no 7″ for record store day , only a 3 track cassette !

24. adam shaw says:

“Can’t get no worse ” ? as the Beatle man said

25. Jim Galvin says:

Best Buy exclusive showed up today. No Coupon Code for the 7″ :( Pissed. Best Buy Customer Service Says they can’t ship another because they don’t have any to ship. Meanwhile I ordered another from the site while still on the phone with them. Ridiculous! New Remastering is good though