Betty Boo / Boomania 2CD Deluxe

boomania2

Following the expanded release of second album Grrr… It’s Betty Boo earlier this year, Cherry Pop will, in September, issue Betty Boo‘s 1990 debut as a two-disc deluxe with 14 bonus tracks…

Boomania peaked at number four in the UK chart and achieved platinum status (300,000 sales thanks to the inclusion of three top 10 singles: Hey DJ / I Can’t Dance (To That Music You’re Playing) (#7), Doin’ The Do (#7) and Where Are You Baby? (#3)

As you might expect, this deluxe edition is full of remixes and in addition to the standard album versions, includes four variants of Hey DJ…, three remixes of Doin’ The Do and Where Are You Baby? as well as four versions of the final single 24 Hours.

Boomania 2CD deluxe is released on 23 September 2016.

Betty Boo

Boomania

Shop Price GBP Stock
HMV uk 6LP coloured vinyl box 12.99

track_listing

DISC ONE
1. WHERE ARE YOU BABY?
2. HEY DJ / I CAN’T DANCE (TO THAT MUSIC YOU’RE PLAYING)
3. BOO IS BOOMING
4. BOO’S BOOGIE
5. 24 HOURS
6. VALENTINE’S DAY
7. DOIN’ THE DO (KING JOHN 7” MIX)
8. (‘TIL MY LAST BREATH) DOIN’ IT TO DEF
9. DON’T KNOW WHAT TO DO
10. SHAME
11. MUMBO JUMBO
12. LEAVE ME ALONE
13. DOIN’ THE DO (7” RADIO MIX)
14. WHERE ARE YOU BABY? (KING JOHN MIX)

DISC TWO
1. HEY DJ / I CAN’T DANCE (EM-Q 7” MIX)
2. 24 HOURS (12″ VERSION)
3. DOIN’ THE DO (12″ MIX)
4. WHERE ARE YOU BABY (12″ MIX)
5. HEY DJ / I CAN’T DANCE (12″ MIX)
6. 24 HOURS (NORMAN COOK MIX)
7. SHAME (HOODLUM MIX)
8. HEY DJ / I CAN’T DANCE (EM-Q MIX)
9. 24 HOURS (ORATONIC MIX)
10. BOO’S BOOGIE (12″ VERSION)
11. 24 HOURS (12″ INSTRUMENTAL)
12. BOO MEGAMIX (BY DJ STREETS AHEAD)

33 responses to Betty Boo / Boomania 2CD Deluxe

1. Darren says:

Great news, I really liked the reissue of Grrr its Betty Boo. The 1990s were a golden age!

2. WeeSluggy says:

Woohoo…finally its arrived…and a great price too !!

3. Rik says:

I’m going to be humming “Where Are You Baby” all afternoon now – aargh! Nice to see this one getting a good dusting down though – liked a bit of Boo back in the day.

4. gwynogue says:

Wa-hoo! Always loved Boo, sadly didn’t really do well here (Australia) – ‘Do’ and ‘Baby’ were hits, but a disastrous promo tour pretty much stopped Boo from Booming. The album did not do well.

As with GRRRR, there seems to be a few mixes missing but if there’s not enough room, there’s not enough room.

Perhaps *fingers crossed* all the mixes/extras that didn’t make the reissues will get a remix compilation of their own!

5. gwynogue says:

I hope it really does have the ’24 Hours’ 12-inch like it says – unlike CD which had it listed but not actually on it.

6. gwynogue says:

*unlike the CD single.

I really need an edit button!

7. gwynogue says:

I hope there will be a DVD one day.

8. FG says:

“It’s me again, now how d’ya guess”!
    YAY!!! Finally a deluxe edition and a nice array of versions on Disc 2.
    Just off to order….

9. Jason says:

Alas, lots and lots of remixes missing (especially the US ones, but also some UK ones) – easily enough to fill a third CD.

I wonder why?

• Drew says:

@Jason – yes there is definitely more than enough to fill a third CD – this is just what I was able to come up with:

24 Hours (Instrumental) 3:24
      Hey DJ / I Can’t Dance (Razormaid 12″ Mix – Re-edit) 6:20
      Hey DJ / I Can’t Dance (Razormaid 12″ Mix) 6:35
      Hey DJ / I Can’t Dance (Rock Steady Dub) 7:07
      Shame (7″ Version) 3:26
      Ska Train 3:07
      Ska Train (12″ Mix) 5:04
      Ska Train (Tied To The Trax)
      Where Are You Baby? (7″ Mix) 3:31
      Where Are You Baby? (Boo Remix)
      Where Are You Baby? (Dub Again) 3:54
      Where Are You Baby? (Dub Down) 6:57
      Where Are You Baby? (Instrumental) 3:44
      Where Are You Baby? (King John 12″ Mix) 7:12
      Where Are You Baby? (Peter Lorimer Mix) 6:37
      Where Are You Baby? (Razormaid Mix) 5:35
      Where Are You Baby? (Rhythm Single Mix) 4:02
      Where Are You Baby? (Shakedown 7″ Mix) 3:46
      Where Are You Baby? (Shakedown Mix) 7:35

10. Just Sayin' says:

Reissues like this put me off my food.

11. Jim says:

Oddly, it never occurs to me to comment on issues in which I have no interest.

• Trash says:

@JIm – Entirely agree with you, what is the point?

Maybe some folks feel that letting us know that they don’t like Betty Boo…

12. Francis says:

Surely this release should state that it has 12 bonus tracks and not 14 because the 2 remixes on disc 1 were on the original 1990 CD as bonuses (‘Doin’ the do’ 7” Radio Mix and ‘Where are you baby?’ King John Mix.

13. Francis says:

I bet this reissue does not include a sheet of 6 cartoon strip stickers that came with initial quantities of the original 1990 CD or 3 limited postcards that were with the Vinyl LP. If not, they would have been nice added extras.

14. claudio says:

…where is the DVD with videos???????????????????????????????

15. Gary Russell says:

I believe I read somewhere there are licensing problems with a number of the US-created mixes (ie some of the Pettibone stuff) meaning a few 12″ and 7″ versions couldnt be included/negotiated

16. Drew says:

It’s a shame they didn’t fill up the two discs a bit more – it’s still good to see a reissue is being done

Disc One – approx 56mins

8 – Hey DJ / I Can’t Dance (EM-Q 12″ Mix) 5:47
    9 – 24 Hours (Oratonic Mix) 5:01
    10 – Boo’s Boogie (12″ Version) 5:30
    11 – 24 Hours (12″ Instrumental / Dub) 4:47
    12 – Boo Megamix (DJ Streets Ahead) 7:14

17. Francis says:

Just be happy with what you are getting – you can either purchase it or not. It is a nice improvement to the original even if every remix has not been included. For goodness sake there is more to life than remixes not being added to a reissue.

18. James says:

@Francis,
    Your last response reads as a little “exasperated”. Surely, this is just the place to celebrate future reissues, but also to question what has (and hasn’t) been included. You are, of course, precisely right that we can buy it or not, and I get annoyed when fans claim they are being “ripped off” by being “forced into” buying reissues that do not include every single edit and instrumental of every track.
    But I don’t believe that this is the case here.
    Some of us are merely expressing a sadness that an entire suite of interesting, different, and as-yet-unreleased-in-the-UK in-era remixes by big names could not be licenced for this project. It is the addition of such scarcities that can tempt someone who already has the original release into buying it again. For that reason, I’m sure CP and the compilers of this release are also frustrated by the licensing problems they encountered.
    Assuming you are the same Francis as the author of the earlier comments, your “just be happy…” comment sits at odds with your querying of the 12 vs. 14 bonus tracks and lack of stickers or postcards.
    I mean no harm by this comment & you are entitled to your point of view. I just wanted to redress the balance a little and explain (or justify?) others’ frustrations in this particular situation.

• Just Sayin' says:

Let’s use some more appropriately themed language again :

I can’t dance to this reissue you’re selling
      Stop, think it over, and rewrite your tracklist

19. Brian Ingraham says:

A little bit of WOW! BOOMANIA as a re-issue-NICE! Will compliment the GRRR! I purchased last year. Betty now has 5 albums released in her name, WAY COOL
    LA-la-la-la-la…(2016)

20. O(+> Peter B says:

I’m not a fan myself, but another missing track here is an anti-smoking track she did to the beat of Where Are You Baby – it appeared on a cover mount 7″ Flexi disc with Smash Hits magazine.

21. Brian C Ingraham says:

Ok-So here’s the complicated ‘Boo-Issues’ with the re-issues; (n0 puns intended of course) ~GIGGLES~many PUBLISHING & TRADEMARKS are found with many of the VARIOUS released and IMPORTS for the collector, and of course THE RECENTLY STATED “NO SMOKING RAP”. God help me, I just quit about a month ago…anyway; listing ALL KNOWN RECORD COMPANIES/Rhythm King/Rough Trade/TORSO/Epic/BMG/SONY/Warner Music AKA WEA & Warner Special Marketing/SIRE/REPRISE. So almost a dozen or so companies, so getting together a compilation could be litagationally CHALLENGING TO SAY THE LEAST. Anyway-I look forward to my copy soon enough. I hope it follows suite with extended/additional comic artwork…that would be so SWEET!