Bob Dylan‘s 1964 concert at New York’s Philharmonic Hall, which was issued by Sony in 2004 as volume six of their Bootleg Series, is to be reissued by US audiophile specialists Audio Fidelity as a double SACD set with a 5.0 surround sound option.
The ‘Halloween’ concert (you can guess the date) has been remastered for this release by Steve Hoffman and Stephen Marsh using the original Columbia Records master tapes. As well as the 5.0 surround mix, there is a 2-track stereo mix ‘layer’ on the hybrid SACDs which are fully compatible with all standard CD players.
This new package includes a 56-page book filled with historical photographs and informative notes.
This all acoustic live performance features a 23-year old Dylan with just a guitar and harmonica and features the only known live version of Spanish Harlem Incident and the premiere of Gates of Eden and If You Gotta Go, Go Now.
Bob Dylan Live 1964 is reissued on 18 March 2016.
- • UK Pre-order: Bob Dylan Live 1964
- • USA Pre-order: Bob Dylan Live 1964
- • CANADA Pre-order: Bob Dylan Live 1964
- • GERMANY Pre-order: Bob Dylan Live 1964
1. The Times They Are a’Changin’
2. Spanish Harlem Incident
3. Talkin’ John Birch Paranoid Blues
4. To Ramona
5. Who Killed Davey Moore?
6. Gates of Eden
7. If You Gotta Go, Go Now (Or Else You Got to Stay All Night)
8. It’s Alright, Ma (I’m Only Bleeding)
9. I Don’t Believe You (She Acts Like We Never Have Met)
10. Mr. Tambourine Man
11. A Hard Rain’s a’Gonna Fall
1. Talkin’ World War III Blues
2. Don’t Think Twice, It’s All Right
3. The Lonesome Death of Hattie Carroll
4. Mama, You Been on My Mind
5. Silver Dagger
6. With God on Our Side
7. It Ain’t Me, Babe
8. All I Really Want To Do