Bob Marley & The Wailers / Live! 2CD

Following on from last year’s expanded 3LP vinyl edition, Universal will issue a two-CD edition of Bob Marley & The Wailers‘ 1975 Live! album, with the same content.

This double-disc set will feature the complete sets from both July ’75 shows at the London Lyceum. Both dates (17 and 18 July 1975) were recorded by The Rolling Stones mobile studio and the original album, as issued, featured just seven tracks from the second concert.

This two-CD edition of Live! now features 22 tracks, with 14 of them previously unreleased. The first gig is on the first disc and the 18 July performance is featured on the second.

Live! will be reissued on 13 October 2017.

Bob Marley & The Wailers

STIR IT UP  4.43
LIVELY UP YOURSELF  7.49
I SHOT THE SHERIFF  7.08
GET UP STAND UP  10.17

29 responses to Bob Marley & The Wailers / Live! 2CD

1. Mark Carroll says:

Bang ! ordered, Cheers !!!!

2. AFGreenwood says:

hurrah! and no unwanted vinyl snuck in (such as has stopped me taking advantage of the SDE £35 Tango in the Night as featured here recently).

3. Alistair Burns says:

Bought it when the vinyl came out on Qobuz with stunning sound. Highly recommended.

• steve says:

Do you think Qobuz obtained their HD lossless from the record company and this is simply the same but at the standard CD quality (so their would be no reason to get this new release)? Thanks.?

4. ADRIAN BARRETT says:

Great news!! Been waiting for this.

5. richard says:

the vinyl 3 lp was sold as VINYL ONLY + mp3 download they said not on CD !!

richard

6. Enrico G. says:

Long awaited and… ordered.
    Thanx, Paul!
    Cheers from Italy.

7. Thomas Beattie says:

At last, I’ve being waiting for this.
    I still don’t know why they waited so long between vinyl and CD release.

8. bertielego says:

Great news!

9. BritinDetroit says:

One of my true musical regrets is that I didn’t see Bob Marley and the wailin Wailers in London in the early 70s. Thrilled that the two nights at the Lyceum are coming our way in just two weeks – Thanks for the heads up Paul.

10. Jarmo Keranen says:

This is a must buy. I still had the original vinyl with Bob Marley poster which i bought in January 1976!

11. Charlie D says:

Sadly at this point in my life I’m only now starting to appreciate and discover artists that I had previously not paid much attention to, and Bob Marley is one of them, Neil Young another… there have been some fantastic audiophile remasters of Marley stuff, can someone recommend their favorite releases based on sound quality, etc. Not picked up the blu-ray “Legend” yet.
    But the 2012 “Marley” (OST) soundtrack has that version of “Could You be Loved” that sounds amazing. (*John Dent apparently did the mastering)

• Mark Carroll says:

Listened to the Legend Blu-ray last night…. Mmmmmm niiiiiiiiiiice….

• WILLIAM ENGLAND says:

I’d start with Catch A Fire (search for the deluxe edition which also has the Jamaican mix on a separate disc) and then move on to Burnin’ (again, search for the deluxe edition which has the Wailers Live At Leeds ’73 as the second disc).

12. Robert says:

I have been waiting for this one. Why did it took them so long to release this album on CD ?

13. J says:

Paul
    Nice work!! This is the first BMW LP I ever bought
    Thanx!!!
    J

14. Auntie Sabrina says:

As well as 14 U releassed tracks, Lively Up Yourself and Get Up Stand Up on CD 2 are previously unreleased full length versions

15. Auntie Sabrina says:

As well as 14 unreleased tracks, Lively Up Yourself and Get Up Stand Up on CD 2 are previously unreleased full length versions

16. Yousef says:

Excellent! Can anyone who has the triple vinyl version comment on the sound? I love my original vinyl but am aware that the sound is perhaps not how the album would be mixed nowadays – i.e. it sounds like a real band recorded in a real room rather than the modern trend for super slick, ultra-clean, artifical sounding live recordings.

I’m surely going to buy it regardless but it’d be good to know if still sounds something like the original lp.

17. L says:

Down to £9.99 on CD at amazon.co.uk at the moment.

18. Ron de Joode says:

The one and only BMW live album. Babylon By Bus had too many overdubs …

19. Gerbrand says:

I received the DeLuxe Edition today. First thing I notice is that the issue of “which songs are from July 17th and which from the 18th” is not solved by this release. Disc one is titled “Set one”, disc two “Set two”, both credited to July 17 & 18, 1975.

The booklet does not mention which tracks have been previously released on the original Live! (and other releases). I need to listen to it first and compare to know for sure.

So whether or not the record company and other sources have applied the wrong date(s) to tracks in the past, and whether or not this release contains the complete set lists of both dates (unlikely imo) I guess we’ll never know.

Disc one is the 17th and disc two is the 18th. That was my understanding…

• Gerbrand says:

I have compared the DeLuxe Edition with the original release:

Trenchtown Rock – Set two
        Burnin’ & Lootin’ – Set one
        Them Belly Full – Set one
        Lively Up Yourself – Edit from set two
        No Woman, No Cry – Set one
        I Shot The Sheriff – Set one
        Get Up, Stand Up – Edit from set one
        Kinky Reggae (on 2001 Remaster) – Set one (probably, I don’t have 2001 Remaster)
        Rebel Music (on Babylon by Bus) – Set two
        I Shot The Sheriff (on Talkin’ Blues) – Set two (probably, I don’t have Talkin’ Blues)

Which is different in most cases from what is said in the track listing of your 2016 LP release post about which tracks were previously unreleased…

I think that naming them “Set one” and “Set two” instead of “July 17th” and “July 18th” is therefore deliberate, to cover up from earlier mix-ups of dates.

20. Thomas Beattie says:

I remember that back in the 70’s the story Island always claimed was that there was such a good reaction to the first night that they decided to record the second night.
    Then when “Talkin’ Blues” was issued and “I Shot the Sheriff” from the first concert [or is it the second] was on there it appeared Island had recorded both concerts after all.
    Anyway it’s a great sounding pair of concerts and it’s great to hear [and for once for an archive release it’s reasonably priced].
    If you have the original 1980s CD of “Live!” on Island you will notice that they used the full length “Lively Up Yourself” on it, then when it was reissued by Tuff-Gong” they went back to the vinyl edit. Strange.

21. Enrico G. says:

@Gerbrand: are you sure that Trenchtown Rock is from set 2?

• Gerbrand says:

I made a mistake (Thnx Enrico), Trenchtown Rock is also from set one. Also worth to note “set two” starts with an MC introduction welcoming the audience to “the second show” (the 18th).