Universal Music will issue a Boomtown Rats Classic Album Selection box set on 21 October 2013.
This collection features the Dublin band’s six original albums – The Boomtown Rats (1977), A Tonic For The Troops (1978), The Fine Art Of Surfacing (1979), Mondo Bongo (1980), V Deep (1982) and The Fine Art Of Surfacing (1984) – and all come packaged in card wallets. The CDs will feature the bonus material included with previous reissues.
The Boomtown Rats were at their peak in the late 1970s when they notched up two UK number one singles with Rat Trap and I Don’t Like Mondays, but by 1984 their popularity was declining rapidly and Bob Geldolf would subsequently become more famous for Band Aid and Live Aid than as a member of the Boomtown Rats.
Despite this, Geldolf announced earlier this year that the Rats have reformed and they will be touring the UK and Ireland in October and November 2013. This box set and a new ‘best of’ – Back to Boomtown: Classic Rats Hits – are released to coincide with the tour.
Classic Album Selection box set
- • UK Pre-order: Classic Album Selection: Six Albums 1977-1984
- • GERMANY Pre-order: Classic Album Selection
Back to Boomtown: Classic Rats Hits
- • UK Pre-order: Back To Boomtown : Classic Rats Hits
- • USA Pre-order: Back to Boomtown: Classic Rats Hits
- • CANADA Pre-order: Back To Boomtown: Classics Rats Hits
- • GERMANY Pre-order: Back to Boomtown: Classic Rats’ Hits