Limited, coloured vinyl box set
Saddle Creek Records are to release The Studio Albums 2000-2011 a new ten LP vinyl box set compiling the work of American indie rock band Bright Eyes.
The vinyl box contains six albums (four are doubles) with all audio remastered by Bob Ludwig. Furthermore exclusive to this box, all ten vinyl records are coloured vinyl pressings.
All the vinyl is pressed at RTI and housed in high quality ‘tip-on’ jackets which reside in a foiled-blocked, linen-wrapped outer box. You also get an essay by Nathaniel Krenkel and twelve 8″ x 10″ photo prints by Butch Hogan. Includes digital download for all six albums.
This is a limited edition of 5000. A CD box set of The Studio Albums is also available, which comes in a mini-me box (foiled-stamped, linen-wrapped etc.). That’s even more limited with just 1000 being made.
For what you get, the 10LP vinyl set is arguably better value than the CD box. Both will be issued on 21 October 2016.
The Studio Albums 2000-2011 contains:
- • Fevers and Mirrors (2000) (2LP- gatefold Maroon vinyl)
- • LIFTED or The Story Is in the Soil, Keep Your Ear to the Ground (2002) (2LP -Gatefold – Black & Yellow Swirl Vinyl)
- • I’m Wide Awake, It’s Morning (2005) (Light Yellow Vinyl)
- • Digital Ash in a Digital Urn (2005) (2LP- D-Side etching Gatefold – Light Blue Vinyl)
- • Cassadaga (2007) (2LP- Gatefold Clear Vinyl)
- • The People’s Key (2011) (Orange Swirl Vinyl)