Buzzcocks / 40th anniversary vinyl

Remastered • Black and limited deluxe coloured vinyl editions

To mark the 40th anniversary of the original releases, Domino will reissue the Buzzcocks‘ first two albums Another Music In A Different Kitchen and Love Bites in January.

Both albums were issued in 1978, with the band’s debut released in March and Love Bites a speedy follow-up in September. The latter features their biggest hit, ‘Ever Fallen In Love (With Someone You Shouldn’t’ve)’, which reached number 12 on the UK charts. Another Music In A Different Kitchen and Love Bites were both recorded at Olympic Studios, with producer Martin Rushent.

These reissues stick to the original track listings and have been “restored and re-mastered” from the original quarter-inch tapes (for the first time) and come packaged in the original Malcolm Garrett designed sleeves with eight-page booklets which feature notes by Jon Savage.

Standard black vinyl and ‘indies only’ deluxe coloured vinyl and CD are the formats. Both deluxe vinyl editions are limited to 1000 units and come with booklets and a recreation of the Buzzcocks’ carrier bag and can be pre-ordered via the SDE shop.

Buzzcocks

8. Fiction Romance
  9. Autonomy
  10. I Need
  11. Moving Away From The Pulse Beat

Love Bites

1. Real World
  2. Ever Fallen In Love (With Someone You Shouldn’t’ve)
  3. Operators Manual
  4. Nostalgia
  5. Just Lust
  6. Sixteen Again
  7. Walking Distance
  8. Love Is Lies
  9. Nothing Left
  10. E.S.P.
  11. Late For The Train

26 responses to Buzzcocks / 40th anniversary vinyl

1. Daniel says:

I don’t really understand why they would reissue the CDs again but to do these reissues without the bonus tracks that appeared when the albums were reissued last time.

2. Dubsideofthemoon says:

Great music but the main singer voice has always annoyed me… Could have been much bigger i think with a really good vocalist frontman.

• Nass Khan says:

Who would be a great vocalist? Bruce Springsteen ha ha

• Trash says:

” Could have been much bigger i think with a really good vocalist frontman.”
      I think you’ve kind of missed the point :-)

• Guy says:

Pete Shelley has the right voice for the music he made.

For me, a voice that gets in the way of my enjoyment of his work is Bob Dylan’s tuneless nasal whine or current croak. Can’t get past it and can’t stand it!

3. memoryboy says:

One of the greatest Bands ever.
    Listen to them all the time.
    Glad these are coming out on vinyl.

4. poptones says:

Same here. Already have the original LPs, the Product box set and the remastered double CDs released 10 years ago. Lovely packaging but don’t really need that.

5. Graham smith says:

Just ordered both albums on coloured vinyl
    Got both lps first time round when I was a teenager .both superb lps
    Eagerly looking forward to 2019 now.

6. tom says:

1978…the year music kickstarted for me…I was the perfect age for New Wave…Buzzcocks and Elvis Costello being too of my favorites.

7. David says:

Paul – you’ll want to change “Another Music In A Different Kitchen and Love Bites are released on 25 January 2018 via Domino Records” presumably to “Another Music In A Different Kitchen and Love Bites are released on 25 January 2019 via Domino Records.”

8. torchomatic says:

Brilliant, brilliant albums. Actually what got me into music as a 13 year old was seeing Love You More on TOTP. Never looked back. Buzzcocks were and always will be my first musical love. Ordered directly from Domino a week or so ago. Can’t wait.

I had the plastic bag for the first album but my Mom chucked it away!

9. SimonF says:

Splendid albums, both of them. Got them both first time around and they are still great!

10. Peter Muscutt says:

It’d be amusing if in these eco-conscious times they offered a ‘Bag for Life’ instead of the carrier bag replica…

• Chris Squires says:

It’s funny you should mention that. It wasn’t so long ago that I was watching a Sky documentary on plastic / oceans etc.and they featured a record shop and the issues of supplying the records without shrink wrap… It’s an issue that will need addressing at some point.

• Alan B says:

Back in the 70’s, 80’s and 90’s most LPs were not released sealed. Bought many an LP from HMV unsealed with the record inside and not stored separately behind the counter.

Most LPs bought from Virgin were shrink wrapped by Virgin themselves with their price sticker on the sleeve itself under the polythene (reminds how I used to hate buying from Virgin because a lot of their price stickers were too sticky and used to removed bits of the top layer of the sleeve! HMV’s stickers usually came off leaving the sleeve intact)

The sealed fad has only come in recent years.

11. Trash says:

Okay so I decided to bite the bullet and trying ordering from the SDE shop using PayPal but for some reason I seem to get stuck in a loop where I can’t actually complete my purchase.

There is a greyed-out box saying ‘Shipping details’ and then below that a link saying ‘Return to customer details’. Clicking on that just seems to return to the start of the purchasing flow (albeit with my address details filled in).

12. Trash says:

Also any news on A Different Kind of Tension (actually my favourite Buzzcocks album).

13. Trash says:

Hi Paul –

If I order from the SDE shop I presume I get charged straight away (i.e. not on despatch). I ask because as we all know funds a re tight at the moment due to deluge of stuff being released….

14. Gary Thompson says:

Nice to see the carrier bags are included. It still rankles with me that I din’t get one first time around.

• Robert Laversuch says:

Good news although I do have these several times over I will probably go for yet another set. And to this day Singles Going Steady is a huge personal fave played tape and CD and remastered CD to death – sublime!