When asked about specifically about the lack of live recordings on the new box he responds by saying they’re “already out there” (i.e. bootlegs) and then goes on to say “I’m not even thinking about any more Clash releases. This is it for me, and I say that with an exclamation mark.”
In a fascinating interview he says there are “not really” any outtakes left in the vault and acknowledges that the band should have probably taken a break, rather then splitting up.
Read the full Rolling Stone interview here.
Sound System is out tomorrow, as well as the 5 Studio Albums box sets and the Clash Hits Back compilation.
Sound System box
- • UK Pre-order: Sound System
- • US Pre-order: Sound System
- • CANADA Pre-order: Soundsystem
- • GERMANY Pre-order: Sound System
5 Studio Albums CD box
- • UK Pre-order: The Clash 5 Studio Albums Box Set
- • USA Pre-order: 5 Album Studio Albums Box Set
- • CANADA Pre-order: 5 Studio Album CD Set
- • GERMANY Pre-order: 5 Studio Album CD Set
5 Studio Albums Vinyl box
The Clash Hits Back 2CD
- • UK Pre-order: The Clash Hits Back
- • USA Pre-order: Hits Back (2-CD Set)
- • CANADA Pre-order: The Clash Hits Back
- • GERMANY Pre-order: The Clash Hits Back
The Clash Hits Back 3LP Vinyl