Crowded House / 2CD deluxe edition

Crowded House‘s 1986 debut spawned the anthemic single Don’t Dream It’s Over, which reached number two on the US charts the following year. This sucess was consolidated with a further Stateside top ten hit, Something So Strong. The album will be reissued in November – along with the rest of the catalogue – as a 2CD deluxe edition and a new 180g vinyl pressing.

The new two-CD deluxe features a bonus disc full of home demos, including most of the tracks on the album and, curiously, Walking On The Spot which eventually found a place on 1993’s Together Alone (see full list below).

Crowded House will be reissued on 4 November 2016.

Crowded House

7. HOLE IN THE RIVER
8. CAN’T CARRY ON
9. I WALK AWAY
10. TOMBSTONE
11. THAT’S WHAT I CALL LOVE

DISC TWO

1. SOMETHING SO STRONG (HOME DEMO)
2. HOLE IN THE RIVER (STUDIO DEMO)
3. LOVE YOU ‘TIL THE DAY I DIE (HOME DEMO)
4. THAT’S WHAT I CALL LOVE (STUDIO DEMO)
5. CAN’T CARRY ON (STUDIO DEMO)
6. WALKING ON THE PIER (STUDIO DEMO)
7. DOES ANYONE HERE UNDERSTAND MY GIRLFRIEND (STUDIO DEMO)
8. OBLIVION (STUDIO DEMO)
9. WALKING ON THE SPOT (STUDIO DEMO)
10. SOMETHING SO STRONG (STUDIO DEMO)
11. NOW WE’RE GETTING SOMEWHERE (STUDIO DEMO)
12. STRANGER UNDERNEATH YOUR SKIN (HOME DEMO)
13. DON’T DREAM IT’S OVER (HOME DEMO)
14. LEFT HAND (LIVE)
15.GRABBING BY THE HANDFUL (LIVE)
16. WORLD WHERE YOU LIVE (WRITING DEMO)
17. RECURRING DREAM (ORIGINAL VERSION)

deluxeedition1CROWDED HOUSE (1986)
2CD deluxe Edition and 180g vinyl

> View track listings and pre-order

deluxeedition6TEMPLE OF LOW MEN (1988)

2CD deluxe edition and 180g vinyl

> View track listings and pre-order

deluxeedition7

WOODFACE (1991)

2CD deluxe edition and 180g vinyl

> View track listings and pre-order

deluxeedition2TOGETHER ALONE (1993)

2CD deluxe edition and 180g vinyl

> View track listings and pre-order

deluxeedition3AFTERGLOW (1999)

2CD deluxe edition and 180g vinyl

> View track listings and pre-order

timeonearth_deluxeTIME ON EARTH (2007)

2CD deluxe edition and 180g vinyl

> View track listings and pre-order

deluxeedition4

INTRIGUER (2010)

2CD deluxe edition and 180g vinyl

> View track listings and pre-order

26 responses to Crowded House / 2CD deluxe edition

1. Pingback:Crowded House to reissue all seven of their albums as 2CD deluxe editions | superdeluxeedition

2. Pingback:Crowded House / Temple of Low Men / 2CD deluxe edition | superdeluxeedition

3. Pingback:Crowded House / Woodface / 2CD deluxe | superdeluxeedition

4. Pingback:Crowded House / Together Alone / 2CD deluxe edition | superdeluxeedition

5. Pingback:Crowded House / Time On Earth / 2CD deluxe edition | superdeluxeedition

6. Pingback:Crowded House / Intriguer / 2CD deluxe | superdeluxeedition

7. Pingback:Crowded House / Afterglow / 2CD deluxe | superdeluxeedition

8. JasonC says:

It’s good to know that Walking in the Spot is on here, because of memory serves there was a live version on a Woodface CD single that seems to have disappeared with these reissues! It must’ve been a song was hanging around for a while…

9. FM says:

No 5.1 dvd-audio in this de-luxe. It was one of the first dvd-a that I bought back then, like a decade ago!. I was even hoping of a 5.1 remix for some of the other albums for this re-issues. But the bonus discs look fantastic!

10. Robert says:

Where is Don’t Dream It’s Over (extended mix)?

11. Dave H says:

12″ / 80s Chilled Disc 3

12. Thomas Braun says:

World where you live and don’t Dream it’s over: no Long Mixes at the First Deluxe Edition, so that is Not Deluxe for me. It’s a shame that they were ignored for this Edition.

• Richard John says:

Agreed. I was hoping for these to be truly deluxe and that usually includes b-sides and remixes. While Demos can be rather interesting, I’d have loved to have the extended mixes on CD here.

13. Thomas Braun says:

I mean for me, sorry

14. steven says:

Neil’s archivist has been in touch with many fans, and the archivist has said that Neil personally vetoed the extended remixes of Don’t Dream It’s Over and World Where You Live and the alternate mixes of Don’t Dream It’s Over, Weather With You and Distant Sun because they didn’t fit with what he wanted to do on the bonus discs. I was disappointed at those tracks not being on these reissues, BUT I’m extremely excited about there being a bonus disc for each and every reissue, and the originals that I have sound just great.

I’m keeping keeping my fingers crossed that one of the two recently recorded new songs that will appear on the bonus disc of Intriguer will be released as a single (pretty unlikely) and that those missing tracks will all appear on the single.

15. Griffin says:

@Steven, thank you for the info’s!

Yep, what a disappointment! I would have ordered/bought this Deluxe Edition just for Don’t Dream It’s Over Extended Version! It’s not what you, as an artist, would like to do with the bonus disc but to give what the fans want! I don’t know World Where You Live Extended, but would love to listen to it though! They could call this the “Demo Edition” instead! If they don’t want my money I guess the record company of 12″/80’s Chilled will or the second hand seller will!

16. Steve Marine says:

I’m a HUGE fan of 80’s-era remixes, so it’s always disappointing when artists like Neil Finn and Peter Gabriel dismiss these amazing remixes on their super deluxe editions. :(

17. mike says:

As much as i love this lot and the first four albums are superlative. I dont really care for demos, b sides and remixes should be an integral part of any reissues from this era. 25 quid also pricey. But sure many will enjoy which is the point!

18. auteur55 says:

I can’t tell if these are normal CD size or the packaging is much bigger? I want to be sure they fit into normal CD shelves. Buying single albums in this large format takes up so much room. I’d prefer a box set.

19. Koen Kroeze says:

They could sell these deluxe albums in a box-set, which will, ehh… múst have a bonus disc with the alternate and extended versions… to complete the releases of their backcatalog.

Or…
    The original albums are not that long, plenty of space left, so why not put those missing versions on CD1?? Even though Crowded House never had ‘dance’ mixes I can imagine extended versions don’t fit/match on the demo-discs… (U2 made once that mistake by putting new dance mixes of New Year’s Day inbetween old demos and b-sides.)

Still 7 weeks before releasedate, so hopefully Neil (and his archivist) will read these comments and will “come to their senses”.

• Wayne Klein says:

Nah, anything not on here according is something Neil doesn’t like so it doesn’t make it to album.

20. Piper says:

Nice to see Crowded House’s most beautiful song,—Lost Island —finally make it to disc.

21. steven says:

can i take my cd and exchange it ? the cure did the right thing and put their amazing b-sides on a bo set without giving us the album tracks we have.cure “join the dots” is the way to do it .