David Bowie / Heathen pressed on audiophile blue vinyl LP

Friday Music is to release a limited edition audiophile BLUE vinyl edition of David Bowie‘s Heathen album next month.

The celebrated 2002 long-player has been mastered for this 180g vinyl release by Joe Reagoso and this new edition comes with a tri-fold cover featuring the original artwork elements and is being pressed by R.T.I on translucent blue vinyl.

This new edition of Heathen is out on 23 June 2015.

Track listing

10. Everyone Says ‘Hi’ 11. A Better Future
12. Heathen (The Rays)

14 responses to David Bowie / Heathen pressed on audiophile blue vinyl LP

1. Catweazle says:

Boy, that’s expensive. Too much for me :-(

2. lee says:

surely any and all rights to it would revert to him by now; would it kill him to not just issue Toy properly at last?

3. Brian says:

Really? Someone’s is trying to milk us Bowie fans.

4. Darren says:

Hahaha. Vinyl LP for £36.62

I recently bought the 10CD box set including this album for £15.76

“audiophile”? more like “audiofool”

5. probablyrustin says:

Considering they just included a handful of Toy session tracks on the recent best of, I can’t see that happening any time soon. The prices that some have been charging for single-disc vinyls lately has been out of control – many RSD releases come to mind too. Was the material also limited? Jeez…

6. Marc G says:

31.98 $ on amazon.com but 56 Euro on the german amazon?? Ridiculous.

7. Jim says:

Limited Edition and blue eh? I am sure plenty of music ‘collectors’ (not listeners) have the money to throw away on such blatantly overpriced rubbish, produced purely to milk the obsessives.

8. DogfacedBoy says:

It’s stunning that someone of Bowie’s stature has hardly anything pre 1995 from his career available on vinyl for people to buy. Yes of course 2nd hand but it’s madness that a wide eyed boy from Freecloud who has heard this new Bowie bloke can’t walk into a record shop and buy a copy of Ziggy Stardust or Low or Station to Station or anything else representing the pinnacle of what pop music can be.

Nope it’s a big wide chasm between his 1st album and Outside

9. MARTIN B says:

I’m less than impressed with Friday Music pressings in the past, very average. This Heathen release now on pre-order at Spin CD’s at £24.99 post free.

10. Esther Colero says:

Ahí se queda con viento fresco.
    Nos timan con los precios de los vinilos.
    Cuando se popularizaron los CDs al doble de precio de los vinilos lo justificaban por el coste de fabricación. ¿Y ahora qué?

11. Stu says:

Between things like this, and the long-standing 7″ picture disc reissue campaign (many of which are priced at a minimum £10) it must be a very expensive time to be a Bowie vinyl completist….

12. Nick says:

Ziggy Stardust was released on vinyl a couple of years ago. I picked it up at a good price new and it came bonus SACD packaged inside. I am still waiting for re-releases of Stationtostation through Scary Monsters. I’d be happy to pick up Stage, too. With this particular release of Heathen coming in June, I came up with a great Father’s Day suggestion for the Mrs. :)

Yes that was a good deal. I remember Amazon UK had the vinyl and DVD combo for about £12.50 at one point, which is the price I got it for :)

13. Chris says:

The release date on this has been pushed back. I received an email from Amazon saying that I can expect it by mid August.