David Bowie / Hours… vinyl release

hours_vinyl

David Bowie‘s 1999 album Hours… will be issued on vinyl for the first time in June.

The album, which contains the top 40 singles Thursday’s Child, Survive and Seven, will be pressed on 180g vinyl and will come with a 20-page booklet. An expanded double CD edition formed part of the Bowie Box which was reissued  in 2013.

Hours… vinyl is released on 15 June 2015.

Track listing

1. Thursday’s Child
2. Something In The Air
3. Survive
4. If I’m Dreaming My Life
5. Seven
6. What’s Really Happening?
7. The Pretty Things Are Going To Hell
8. New Angels Of Promise
9. Brilliant Adventure
10. The Dreamers

15 responses to David Bowie / Hours… vinyl release

1. Brian says:

All that remains to be released from the 90’s now is Black Tie White Noise and Buddha of Suburbia.

• Paul English says:

I own the European pressing of Black Tie, White Noise LP. Sales were poor but there’s a few out there.

Buddha vinyl got a release in Brazil, nowhere else. Have never seen a copy.

2. Javier says:

Never heard of that Brazilian vinyl of “Buddha”, Paul. I’ll make some research, I’d love to have it, “Buddha” is probably my favourite Bowie album of the 90s.

3. probablyrustin says:

Have to wonder why they’re even bothering. There can’t be much demand for the 90s albums on vinyl compared to proper reissues of any of his earlier (better) works, can there?

4. Javier says:

In my case, I’m particularly fond of his 90s music because I lived it in the present tense, something I couldn’t do with his previous work. Also, I think he recorded great records since “Black Tie”, and I’m happy to have the chance to own a vinyl version of those that were released only on CD. But, having said that, I think most of us Bowie fans are waiting for a proper reissue of his Berlin albums, “Low”, “Heroes” and maybe “Lodger”. It can’t be very far away. He’ll be revisiting his Thomas Jerome Newton character (of the film “The Man Who Fell To Earth”) later this year, and that was a prelude to “Low”, so maybe that’s the right moment?

5. Catweazle says:

First time on vinyl? I may be wrong but I seem to remember a limited edition picture disc at the time?

6. Alan Fenwick says:

For those who like to collect the Bowie colored vinyl on these re-releases this one is available in the following formats:

First pressing available in 2 colours:

2.500 numbered copies on mint green vinyl
    2.500 numbered copies on blue / purple mixed vinyl

7. Brian says:

Actually, Outside is out on vinyl but it needs a proper 2LP release. None of this “excerpts from..”

8. Scott says:

Original vinyl versions of both Black Tie and Outside are edited. Hopefully full versions are in the works.

9. Brian says:

yeah I guess BTWN would be a double. I never considered that.

10. Pingback:Saturday Deluxe / 23 May 2015 | superdeluxeedition

11. Moti Cohen says:

Hours had a vinyl release back in the day, it was a counterfeit but found his marketing way parallel to the official release in some US distributors.
    The thing I like to see the most get a proper vinyl release is Early on, some of the tracks never reissued on vinyl (beside the original release) and the cd is also long time deleted

12. I guess it’s just me, but I don’t get why is this one always cited as his weakest ’90s album? It was the one where I felt like he’d finally broken the slump he’d started with “Never Let Me Down”.

13. Catweazle says:

Just received my blue vinyl copy and must say I’m very disappointed with the artwork. It seems to be just an enlarged version of the tiny original CD cover. The picture is not really sharp, in fact you can see many artefacts. Not quite as bad as the cover from Alice Cooper’s “Dragontown” LP though!