Dead Or Alive / Sophisticated Boom Box comes to 10LP clear vinyl box

The well received 17CD+2xDVD version of Dead Or Alive‘s Sophisticated Boom Box already in the schedules for a late October release, but news reaches SDE of a companion vinyl version of the career-spanning set and like it’s optical ‘brother’, it is available as a limited version, this time with a bonus disc.

The Vinyl LP Collection is a 10LP box set with all the albums pressed on CLEAR vinyl. The limited edition version comes with a 10-inch vinyl single with some exclusive mixes new to the format.

Limited version with 10-inch single

This box includes all eight Dead Or Alive albums and Nukleopatra and Fragile are both 2LP sets. Those albums and Fan The Flame (Part 1) are released on vinyl for the first time in this set.

Sophisticated Boom Box MMXVI – The Vinyl Collection will be released on 9 December 2016.

Dead Or Alive

The Vinyl Collection limited edition with 10-inch single

Shop Price GBP Stock

Dead Or Alive

The Vinyl Collection standard edition

Shop Price GBP Stock

10″ vinyl with limited edition version of the box

A1: The Art – Pete Burns vs The Dirty Disco
A2: You Spin Me Round (Like A Record) – 400HZ (Marc Antoine Radio Version)
AA1: Rebel Rebel [The Hole Mix] – Dead Or Alive
AA2: Never Marry An Icon – Pete Burns vs The Dirty Disco

The Vinyl LP Collection

LP 1 – Sophisticated Boom Boom
1. I’d Do Anything
2. That’s The Way (I Like It)
3. Absolutely Nothing
4. What I Want
5. Far Too Hard
6. You Make Me Wanna
7. Sit On It
8. Wish You Were Here
9. Misty Circles
10. Do It

LP 2 – Youthquake
1. You Spin Me Round (Like A Record)
2. I Wanna Be A Toy

9. Special Star

LP 4 – Rip It Up
1. Brand New Lover
2. My Heart Goes Bang
3. Something In My House
4. Lover Come Back To Me
5. You Spin Me Round (Like A Record)
6. I’ll Save You All My Kisses
7. In Too Deep
8. Hooked On Love

LP 5 – Nude
1. Turn Around And Count 2 Ten
2. Give It Back (That Love Is Mine)
3. Baby Don’t Say Goodbye
4. Stop Kicking My Heart Around
5. Come Home (With Me Baby)
6. I Don’t Wanna Be Your Boyfriend
7. Get Out Of My House
8. I Cannot Carry On
9. My Forbidden Lover

LP 6 – Fan The Flame (Part 1)
1. Unhappy Birthday
2. Your Sweetness (Is Your Weakness)
3. Total Stranger
4. Gone 2 Long
5. Lucky Day
6. What Have U Done (2 Make Me Change)
7. And Then I Met U
8. Blue Christmas

LP: 7 – Nukleopatra (2LP)
1. Nukleopatra

1. You Spin Me Round (Like A Record) [2000]
2. Just What I Always Wanted
3. My Heart Goes Bang [2000]
4. Lover Come Back To Me [2000]
5. I Promised Myself
6. Blue Christmas 2000

18 responses to Dead Or Alive / Sophisticated Boom Box comes to 10LP clear vinyl box

1. Daniel ( from Berlin ) says:

I thought the 10″ single would have some rare / unreleased mixes from the biggest hits
    like dub versions or alternate versions of “my heart goes bang” or “brand new lover” or “in too deep” from the vaults. But these tracks are not interesting for me. For me it seems that dead or alive holds the alternate versions from “youthquake” and “mad bad…” still back for a later super deluxe edition in the future. The saw team from pwl are wellknown for many alternate phil harding / dave ford / pete waterman mixes…
    The same thoughts i have with the 3rd disc of the forthcoming human league set.
    from “dare” only two album tracks ( i am the law and darkness ) were included in their
    demo versions. For me the best evidence that they have plans for minimum are “dare” super dekuxe edition in the future…

2. Dayvv says:

Hmmm…not too much in the way of extras here. Shouldn’t this have 10+ more discs of remixes?

Props for getting Fan, Nuke, and Fragile on vinyl–that’s kind of cool.

I really hope this is priming me for Sophisticated Boom Box – The Singles!

3. Gord says:

Stunning artwork; beautifully packaged and nice that they’ve included the ‘Hole Mix’ of ‘Rebel Rebel’ on the bonus disc as their nod to Bowie’s passing this year.

I’ve ordered (of course) but can’t help but feel a tad disappointed that a few of the unreleased / bonus tracks couldn’t have been added (e.g. ‘Love Toy (Vocal Version)’ and ‘Fan The Flame’) which would have been a nice addition. I’d have loved the ‘Live’ disc on the CD/DVD box to have had a vinyl release too.

That said this is a wonderful collection and a solid set of some of the best pop albums of the last 40 years. I see it’s followed its CD/DVD counterpart in quickly becoming a #1 amazon bestseller too. Well deserved.

4. Eightiesaddict says:

I think this is reasonably priced. I have ordered both the vinyl and cd box set. I am so happy to have some new D.O.A. items in my collection.

5. JP says:

I bought this and the CD set. DoA anything, I’m there. Now the big question, can Amazon UK actually ship these safely to the USA with adequate packaging, or will it be the usual fiasco of skimpy boxes barely containing the contents much less protecting them. Honestly they are the absolute worst – I’ve had stuff arrive appallingly crushed, and others where the items were half falling out of the packaging material. They only arrived at all through some miraculous divine intervention. They need to take lessons from Their boxing/shipping is absolutely top notch and super high quality. Never a problem.
    I will be anxious until these DoA items actually do show up, intact, without crumpled corners, scarring/marring/jarring or symptoms of being dropped off a cliff.

• Dave says:

Admittedly I reside here in the UK so the packages don’t travel nearly as far, but this still surprises me as I’ve never had an issue with Amazon packaging and I buy a LOT of stuff from them. The last Ramones deluxe package was first packged in a solid cardboard box that fit close to the deluxe box set, and then this box was placed in a much bigger box with that crumpled up paper stuffing surrounding either side. This is the usual from my experience, I think this thing could have gone into space and back and still arrived mint. But maybe it’s down to the individual packagers at Amazon, as I notice I now receive “leave packaging feedback” emails from them, so I guess they are keeping tabs on it.

• gwynogue says:

I get the crumpled up paper (which seems to unroll like a person’s small intestines!) but I never get the solid cardboard box inside it, so my orders end up just lolling about inside a too-big box with too-little paper padding. Luckily, I’ve had no dramas so far. The only time I got a solid cardboard (inner) box was when I ordered the Fleetwood Mac ‘Rumours’ super deluxe. I was very glad for that extra protection because it contained vinyl and had to be shipped all the way to Australia.

6. gb says:

looks great. I would have preferred the last 3 albums to have had the original sleeves that the cds had. love the new Fragile sleeve though.

7. James says:

I think this is pretty well-priced for its contents, and I love that they’re pressed on clear vinyl.
    However, I wonder just how limited the ‘limited edition’ is going to be. If they press up enough of the limited to meet pre-orders, then I think it’ll be a lot more commonplace than the standard edition! As this is very much a niche fan-base product, I can’t see many (if any) ordering the standard edition!
    Do you have any info on the numbers, Paul?

Don’t know exactly… 1000 max I would say for this vinyl box. There is only one box of course, it’s the 10-inch that’s really limited.

8. Johnathan says:

JP, for what it’s worth, I’ve been ordering from Amazon UK and shipping to the US (and now Canada) for years. I probably place an order every two or three weeks.

Recent deluxe edition box sets from James and George Michael have arrived without any damage, as have a bunch of smaller CD-size boxes (e.g. Bananarama). All veritable bargains thanks to SDE!

• JP says:

I hope so. Fingers crossed. Not everything I’ve gotten from there has been in bad shape, plenty of items have arrived just fine. However the ones that have been bad (and it’s more than a few) have been REALLY bad. Such as someone else mentioned small items rattling around in a colossal box, or packaging that is really barely held closed with the contests pretty much free to fly out at any time. With an average cd it’s not the end of the world, but with these DoA items I care far more.

9. bertielego says:

Thank you Paul for the post… Ordered!

10. Shane says:

Amazon packaging is really hit and miss and it seems that they are incredibly inconsistent with the packaging material and box size. The inside boxes someone mentioned are those that the labels ship the boxes themselves in, and sometimes you get that those simply slipped in the amazon packaging, which helps a lot, but sometimes not.
    At least they refund or replace, but when the item is limited and it’s gone, the refund has very little value as you really wanted the item in mint condition, not a free damaged box.

11. Chad says:

RE: Amazon UK – I live in the US and have never had an issue with any packages. In fact they are better than Amazon US. I just got 3 of the Erasure LPs and they came packaged like a tank. That sucks that they don’t get to people safe like mine, but it might be regional. I am in Florida.