DJ Shadow / Endtroducing 20th anniversary 6LP and 3CD reissues

DJ Shadow‘s 1996 album Endtroducing….. is 20 years old and so next month, Universal will reissue this debut album as three- CD and six-LP deluxe sets

This new edition effectively adds a further bonus album to the 2005 two-disc set. Christened Endtroducing Re-Emagined this contains new remixes, “personally curated” by DJ Shadow.

The 2016 edition also comes with expanded notes from a new interview conducted by Eliot Wilder (he wrote the 33 1/3 book on the album) and some never-before-published photographs by B+ and Phil Knott.

The lavish six-LP vinyl package comes with a deluxe lift-off lid box with embossed title and “hype sticker”, 48-page hardback book, three double LPs, two in gatefold sleeves, all with printed inner sleeves and pressed on 180g vinyl.

These new editions of Endtroducing….. will be released on 28 October 2016.

DJ Shadow

Endtroducing 6LP vinyl box

Shop Price GBP Stock

DJ Shadow

Endtroducing 3CD Edition

Shop Price GBP Stock

track_listing

Disc: 1
1. Best Foot Forward
2. Building Steam With a Grain of Salt
3. The Number Song
4. Changeling
5. What Does Your Soul Look Like (Part 4)
6. Untitled
7. Stem/Long Stem
8. Mutual Slump
9. Organ Donor
10. Why Hip Hop Sucks in ’96
11. Midnight in a Perfect World
12. Napalm Brain/Scatter Brain
13. What Does Your Soul Look Like (Part 1 – Blue Sky Revisit)

Disc: 2
1. Best Foot Forward (Alternate Version)
2. Building Steam With a Grain of Salt (Without Overdubs)
3. The Number Song (Cut Chemist Party Mix)
4. Changeling (Original Demo Excerpt)
5. Stem (Cops ‘N’ Robbers Mix)
6. Soup
7. Red Bus Needs to Leave!
8. Mutual Slump (Without Overdubs)
9. Organ Donor (Extended Overhaul)
10. Why Hip-hop Sucks in ’96 (Alternate Take)
11. Midnight in a Perfect World (Gab Mix)
12. Napalm Brain (Original Demo Beat)
13. What Does Your Soul Look Like (Peshay Remix)
14. DJ Shadow: Live in Oxford, England, Oct. 30, 1997

Disc: 3
1. Best Foot Forward (Teeko Remix)
2. Building Steam With a Grain of Salt (Salva Remix)
3. The Number Song (Lee Bannon Remix)
4. Transmissions (Kuedo Remix)
5. Changeling II (Adrian Younge Remix)
6. What Does Your Soul Look Like (Part 4 – Teklife Remix)
7. Stem/Long Stem (Clams Casino Remix)
8. Mutual Slump (Daedelus Remix)
9. Organ Donor (UZ Remix)
10. Midnight in a Perfect World (Hudson Mohawke Remix)
11. What Does Your Soul Look Like (Part 1 – Prince Paul Remix)
12. Building Steam With a Grain of Salt (Bondax & Karma Kid Remix)

16 responses to DJ Shadow / Endtroducing 20th anniversary 6LP and 3CD reissues

1. simon taylor says:

I have the original cd and the double vinyl. That really should be all I need but the 3cd does intrigue at the right price as I never went for the 2cd deluxe edition.

Didn’t he just release a new album? I haven’t heard much about that release and that will be buried under this reissue.

2. Paul H says:

It’s a great album and I can understand the point and value of the six lp release, but a 2016 CD deluxe reissue of a 2005 deluxe reissue is not a trend I like the look of.

3. edward says:

I actually like the fact you get to see the guys actual face ( the one that’s blurred ) I guess that must be an out-take as I don’t ever recall seeing it before.
    Doubt I’d buy it as I have the deluxe and I don’t really see the point just for the remixes which I can probably just stream! still if you don’t already have it then its a great package! absolute classic album!

4. Kevin says:

Wow. 2nd disc same as the first (deluxe edition).

No thanks.

5. Jan Burnett says:

What, no UNCLE remix? ;)

6. Jan Burnett says:

* UNKLE

Bloody predictive text.
    That’s what I get for being cheeky.

7. probablyrustin says:

Not a bad price for the 3CD set, if you haven’t already purchased the 2005 set (which frankly contains the reissues most crucial content). Annoying that the new remix set isn’t available separately, as it’s hard to justify for solely the addition of that – all but the best remix albums are inevitably pretty flawed.

I’m also a bit bummed that *still* no attention has been given to its follow up, the excellent Private Press. The only bonuses there were a Japan-only odds and ends set back in 2002/2003 and nothing since… Meanwhile the more “classic” debut has been reissued twice with various permutations over the years… I’ll keep dreaming about a set with the Private Press, the Private Repress and a third disc of further outtakes and mixes.

• Will says:

I had an email via DJshadow website and it states the 12 remixes will be available separately as a standalone digital album. I second that motion regarding the Private Press that’s a great follow up album!!

8. Adam says:

Already have the 2CD version. Hopefully the remixes will be available separately one day; I like a lot of the remixer lineup.

9. O(+> Peter B says:

I’ll stick with my 2CD version, that’s great as it is.

10. Simon F says:

Universal also have an exclusive version available only at their website which also features two special exclusive white label 12″ singles with exclusive mixes unavailable elsewhere. Is that exclusive enough for ya? This exclusive set will cost U a ton however. Note to self; must get the 2005 2 CD set. Can’t be arsed with another set of remixes however.
    Also check out the film Scratch – a quite brilliant documentary on scratch mix DJ’s which features lots on DJ Shadow including footage of him crate digging in that actual (now closed down) record store down in the basement which looks like a bloody fire trap!

11. Rik says:

How can this be 20 – nothing has made me feel older! Imagine I’ll be listening to this in a care home one day!

12. elliott buckingham says:

please don’t let the vinyl be pressed at gzvinyl they are some of the worst pressings available