Elvis / 30 #1 Hits / 2LP gold vinyl

Sony Music will issue a gold-coloured 2LP vinyl edition of the classic Elvis 30 #1 Hits compilation.

This collection of Elvis chart-toppers was originally issued back in 2002 and contains 30 songs that reached number one somewhere in the world, along with the JXL remix of A Little Less Conversation, which also reached the summit in the UK in 2002.

Not much more to say about this other than you can’t go wrong with the music and £15 is a cracking price for a double coloured vinyl package. This comes with a download code too, and it will be released on 12 October 2018.

Elvis Presley

3. One Night

4. (Now and Then There’s) A Fool Such as I

5. A Big Hunk O’ Love

6. Stuck On You

7. It’s Now or Never

Side 3
1. Are You Lonesome Tonight?

2. Wooden Heart

4. The Wonder of You

5. Burning Love

6. Way Down

7. A Little Less Conversation – Elvis Presley vs. JXL

35 responses to Elvis / 30 #1 Hits / 2LP gold vinyl

1. Glen Buchanan says:

I wish gold vinyl actually looked gold. You know sparky, metallic. The available gold vinyl looks to be like a dull non-colour.

2. Giovanni Acanfora says:

£22.99 now !

3. KevinK says:

I assume this will be the same mastering as the black vinyl from three years ago.
    Does anyone know whether the vinyl is the same as the original CD version which had a number of “wrong” mixes/takes … or the changed/corrected version, later released as Disc 1 of the Hitstory 3CD compilation (at least in the USA)?

4. Michel Kempes says:

One of the best looking gold records is An American Band of Grand Funk Railroad

5. Peter Muscutt says:

Price seems to have gone up to £22.99 now (still decent for a 2LP admittedly)…does anyone know if the Pre-Order Price Guarantee would kick in and anyone ordering at £22.99 will in fact get it for £15? Or is it the lowest price since you actually order it on a certain date?

6. Chris Squires says:

Already shifted up to where it should have been £23, so any of us who got in at £15.66 can feel a tad smug.

It’s probably as good as we might have got as a deal alert some way down the line but to get it for that is a nice Brucie bonus.

It’s also high enough that I don’t think amazon will try and wriggle out of it.

7. Ron Leonard says:

There is one number one missing from the list. I’ve pointed it out a few times. Can’t help falling in love was a double A side with Rock A Hula Baby.Its well stated just like Hound Dog and Don’t Be Cruel.

8. Paolo M says:

The gold LP reissue of the Willy Wonka soundtrack looks really good

9. Simon says:

Anybody else getting sick of this coloured vinyl re-releases? Who cares – give us something new! You’ve all probably got this on cd, cassette and black vinyl? So it’s gold? Next year it’s going to be in jungle room print!

• Matthew says:

Hey jungle print, now you’re giving them ideas. Collectors be thankful it’s only in gold and not in platinum and orange swirl, brown white and grey swirl(!!!) and red and orange swirl as well (cough cough Heathen/Friday Music). At least this is value for money at less than £16 for a double, showing vinyl doesn’t have to be £20-£30 per disc.

• KevinK says:

… not sure it’s been on cassette (yet!) but there was also the 5.1 surround DVD-A version too.

• Stan Butler says:

Totally sick of it.

• Michel Banen says:

Well I didn´t have this on vinyl yet and this will fit nicely with my gold colored vinyl of Abba´s Gold LP.

On a sidenote, Kylie Minogue´s latest album is called `Golden` yet the limited release was on clear vinyl where I would have expected gold colored vinyl…. Ah wel, I got the golden gold colored glittered cassette instead.

I like colored vinyl reissues. If there´s one that you don´t like then simply don´t buy it.

10. hendry doran says:

Cracking album at a cracking price indeed. Ordered

11. Colin says:

Hard to ignore at that price. I might even actually open this one! Bought with SIGNED Alfie Boe CD for Mrs M at just £10.99 too. Bargain!

12. Martin Power says:

As you say Paul cannot fault the music and at that price it is crazy – Must have had this before on cd so a nice little addition for fans

13. Heinz says:

Great, ordered!

Thanks Paul!

14. Deal of the month!!!
    Love a bit of Elvis and I’m sure I have this on Cd somewhere…but …ordered one.
    Cheers for that

15. Dave West says:

I’ve got the original black vinyl , do I need it in gold ?
    I just hope it looks better than Stereophonics Decade in the Sun vinyl which looked more like mud than gold lol

16. Locky says:

Thanks Paul, it was rude not to!

17. Andy says:

I’d be more inclined to buy it if it didn’t have that awful remix of “A Little Less Conversation” on it.

18. peter mckenna says:

brilliant price, ordered :) thanks Paul

19. Kristian says:

One for me and one for a friend! Thanks Paul!

20. Electric Sydney says:

Hi Paul, have you ever seen a gold vinyl record that looked good? I’m trying to decide if I should go for it.

It’s a tricky colour to get right. Seen some good ones and some bad ones, so no real way of knowing how this will turn out!

• Electric Sydney says:

Thanks, for that price I’ll give it a try!

• Bryan says:

The ABBA “Gold” was rather nice, but not really ‘gold’ as such, more intense orange, and actually translucent with all sorts of swirls when held up to the light. The “Suede” HMV exclusive from last year looks more like brassy bronze, but it’s actually a black vinyl with a thin covering of the coloured vinyl. Two very different ‘gold vinyl’ pressings!

• Seikotsi says:

A very good one is Goldfinger by Ash (7”)

• Mark Petz says:

The two I have look like caramel. Or ear wax.

• Le Baron says:

Marillion’s Fear gold lp looks stunning, and sounds very good (to my ears).

21. Paul Spurgeon says: