Fan power! Pre-orders open for the 3CD edition of Yazoo’s ‘Four Pieces’

Yazoo / Three Pieces 3CD edition

Pre-order 3CD version

You spoke, they listened. BMG and Yazoo responded to the minor furore about the lack of a CD edition of the forthcoming Four Pieces release and quickly moved to ensure that this package (which includes remastered albums, remixes and unreleased BBC sessions) would be available on CD.

So Four Pieces becomes Three Pieces for the 3CD set, but fear not, the content is the same. The three remastered CDs come in a hardback ‘mediabook’ format, with a 32 page booklet containing lyrics and photos.

You can pre-order this CD version from the official store, where you’ll also find some CD bundles, as well as the various vinyl editions. Update 31/8: It’s now on Amazon, too.

Four Pieces/Three Pieces is released on 2 November 2018.

Yazoo

Three Pieces

HMV uk 6LP coloured vinyl box 19.99

Peruse all formats and bundles on the official store

CD1 – UPSTAIRS AT ERIC’S

The classic debut album including Only You, Don’t Go, Goodbye 70’s and Winter Kills.

1. Don’t Go
2. Too Pieces
3. Bad Connection
4. I Before E Except After C
5. Midnight
6. In My Room
7. Only You
8. Goodbye 70’s
9. Tuesday
10. Winter Kills
11. Bring Your Love Down (Didn’t I)

CD2 – YOU AND ME BOTH

The No 1 UK Album featuring Nobody’s Diary, Ode To Boy, Mr Blue and Walk Away From Love.

1. Nobody’s Diary
2. Softly Over
3. Sweet Thing
4. Mr. Blue
5. Good Times
6. Walk Away From Love
7. Ode To Boy
8. Unmarked
9. Anyone
10. Happy People
11. And On

CD3 – EIGHT REMIXES & TWO BBC SESSIONS

Classic, extended and rare remixes by Richard X, Todd Terry and Youth, plus the 2017 Orchestral mix of ‘Only You’ and a brand new remix of ‘Winter Kills’ by Minute Taker.

The John Peel and David Jensen BBC Radio One sessions exclusively remastered and available on vinyl for the first time. Includes Don’t Go, Situation, Too Pieces and Winter Kills.

1. Nobody’s Diary – Extended Version
2. Situation – Richard X Remix
3. Don’t Go – Remix
4. Only You – Orchestral Mix
5. Situation – The Aggressive Attitude Mix (Youth)
6. Don’t Go – Tee’s TNT Radio Mix (Toddy Terry)
7. State Farm – Madhouse Mix Edit
8. Winter Kills – Minute Taker Remix*
9. Don’t Go [John Peel BBC Session, June 1982]*
10. Midnight [John Peel BBC Session, June 1982]*
11. In My Room [John Peel BBC Session, June 1982]*
12. Winter Kills [John Peel BBC Session, June 1982]*
13. Bring Your Love Down (Didn’t I) [David Jensen BBC Session, September 1982]
14. In My Room [David Jensen BBC Session, Sept 1982]
15. Situation [David Jensen BBC Session, Sept 1982]*
16. Too Pieces [David Jensen BBC Session, Sept 1982]*

*Previously unreleased.

36 responses to Fan power! Pre-orders open for the 3CD edition of Yazoo’s ‘Four Pieces’

1. Mark says:

I wish this was more comprehensive. Some remixes are here, including some new ones, but a lot aren’t. Most of their studio tracks are here, but several are missing. It seems that anyone buying this on cd would only be buying if for the 3rd cd anyway?

2. andrew says:

Well done all. The power of SDE!

just had a quick look at the official store. One question- what is it with bands / artists and tote bags?!
    I have never seen one being used. What is the point? Just some toot to fill space? Bit like Bez then?

3. Mauro says:

Just ordered. Can’t wait for 2nd of November, two months from today :-(

4. Fred says:

Ordered on Amazon, thanks Paul and Mute!

5. Josh says:

Thanks for the heads up Paul! Just placed an order for this and the Cocteau Twins Treasure Hiding.

6. SimonP says:

Would rather the second half of the third disc as a cheap mini album, rather than having to buy two albums I already own and eome modern remixes that aren’t worth having.

7. Steve says:

Wait wait wait – yet another classic album that I had no idea my US copy was adulterated from the UK original? And I found out after 36 years? Ordering Three Pieces just became a no-brainer.

Worst thing is, I’ll probably decide I like the US version better, just like Rio (US v3, not v4), Mange Tout, Kings of the Wild Frontier, and Meet the Beatles. :o

I should check if I actually peeled the “Yaz” sticker off my LP to reveal the original “Yazoo” printing, or just thought about it…

8. Don S says:

Ordered. Was going to anyway but want to send a message that CDs are NOT dead and such reports are grossly inaccurate.

9. madman says:

I’ll hold off until the reel-to-reel version comes out, which I’m preemptively naming Seven Pieces!

10. John says:

Ordered, thank you SDE

11. David mci tyre says:

Now I’ll order it. Awesome

12. Brian says:

Now on Amazon for pre order at the staggeringly reasonable price of £16!!!

13. Schu says:

Good news, however it is curious that this CD version has become available so quickly after the SDE fan feedback? Was it already in the works?

It doesn’t come out until November. All they’ve done is create an image and set up the pre-order pages!

14. P Vollmer says:

Ordered !

15. Clive says:

can we now start a campaign on shoddy vinyl pressings and an increase in quality control? Recent half-speed pressing of Japan’s ‘Gentlemen Take Polaroids’ was really disappointing. Why spend all that time on half-speeding music to then put it on out on crap vinyl pressing, with bumps and pops etc. Total farce. When it does work, it sounds amazing.

16. Andreas says:

Power to the people! Lets just hope people put their money where their mouth is or the joke will be on us!!

17. Paul says:

Sadly this just goes to show how badly people who love vinyl (like myself) are getting ripped off £75 for the vinyl, £20 for same content on cd, how can this be justified.

• Klaus says:

Market research. ;-))

• Derek Langsford says:

The price is most likely based on the cost of production and the expected number of units they will sell. Considering the vinyl was likely mastered from 96kHz/24 bit digital masters, the costs to transfer and produce 4 vinyl LPs in a a large format book, are likely far higher than 3 CDs in a small format book, that may sell ten times the number of vinyl sets. Vinyl often sells for £20 or more per LP, so how is £75 for 4 LPs in a large book format unjustified?

LPs used to be cheaper than CDs when vinyl dominated, but after 30 years of CD production and virtually no vinyl, producing small runs of vinyl now is very expensive versus CD.

• Ivan says:

I see the CD version is now available even cheaper on Amazon

18. Wayne Olsen says:

I guess we all need to order it. I did!

19. dyon-anasaw says:

. . . Well, where the hell’s the cassette version, then?!

20. José María Portero García says:

Congratulations tm all the people of SDE . The power of the music people.
    Josevaty Spain

21. Daniel ( from Berlin ) says:

that’s great! our comments were not for nothing.
    but for me a little bit too fast ( especially the 32 page booklet ) for never planned as such.
    maybe they had planned to release the 3CD version a half year later and after the fan reactions
    they release is it now earlier. i hope future releases will including alternate studio versions.
    i’m absolute sure that there was not only one daniel miller try to create
    great tracks like “i before e…” and “in my room”. anyway, for now: that’s great!

22. Jon says:

nice cover

23. Robert Lett says:

It’s nice to get such a quick response to all the feedback. I definitely want this now

24. memoryboy says:

I want this. I already have the albums and box set from a few years back, but the 3rd disc looks interesting.

25. Eric M. says:

Wonderful— US $25.99 is an incredibly fair price for the CD version and certainly more economical than tracking down ‘In Your Room’ on the secondhand market. They have done a good thing.

26. Steven Roberts says:

Great news for those that wanted this on CD…but as an owner of the In Your Room boxset from 2008 (10 years? Already?) I would have personally preferred to see a ‘Yazoo at the BBC’ set that rounded up session/in concert material.

2028, maybe?

27. Aaron says:

Looks like this CD version is called Three Pieces judging by the picture above!