Roger Taylor‘s solo career-spanning box set The Lot was due out today, but Amazon are no longer selling the set after fans complained of a host of errors with the box, both with the music itself and typos in the actual text.
Errors are said to include the following (this is only some of them):
- • Track index marker error on track 9 of Shove It.
- • Pressure On (from Electric Fire) is the wrong mix
- • Wrong running order of Fun On Earth bonus tracks with Whole House Rockin’ playing first and Dear Mr. Murdoch coming second.
- • Audio issues with Life Changes from Blue Rock where the song suddenly stops, and then the first seconds of the song start again.
- • Shove It (Extended Mix) on The Cross Singles 1 disc is the wrong mix (it’s actually The 2nd Shelf Mix).
- • There are apparently many typographical errors and the lyrics to the first four songs of Electric Fire are missing in the book
This is apparently being taken seriously, since the following announcement appeared on Roger Taylor’s Official Facebook Page today:
“We are aware that there are issues with some box sets which have been received and we are investigating this as a matter of importance.
A follow up announcement will be posted very soon.
Thank you for your patience.
SDE will bring you more news on this when we have it.
New! Update 12/11/13 – From Roger Taylor’s Facebook Page
“MESSAGE ABOUT THE LOT FROM THE MANUFACTURER
During fulfilment within the factory of this box set some fans have been left with duplicate CDs or missing CDs.
If you need replacement discs please come back to Michelle.email@example.com who will ensure you receive a replacement disc. We sincerely apologise for this error.
If your box is damaged please send back to your retailer.