Fleetwood Mac remasters to get standalone vinyl reissues

The 2017 remaster of Fleetwood Mac‘s Tango in the Night and last year’s Mirage remaster are to be issued as standalone vinyl pressings at the end of May.

Both of these were previously only available as part of their respective super deluxe edition box sets but are now available separately, and a great price if you get in quick. Tango and Mirage are both just over £13 right now.

It’s worth noting that you benefit from Amazon’s ‘autorip’ feature with these purchases (in the UK), so that gets you a digital version too.

Tango in the Night and Mirage will be reissued on vinyl on 26 May 2017.

0081227935610

Fleetwood Mac

Tango In The Night [VINYL]

Shop Price GBP Stock

0081227935603

Fleetwood Mac

Mirage [VINYL]

Shop Price GBP Stock
HMV uk 6LP coloured vinyl box 15.99

Tango in the Night vinyl LP

Side: 1
1. Big Love (2017 Remastered)
2. Seven Wonders (2017 Remastered)
3. Everywhere (2017 Remastered)
4. Caroline (2017 Remastered)
5. Tango in the Night (2017 Remastered)
6. Mystified (2017 Remastered)

Side: 2
7. Little Lies (2017 Remastered)
8. Family Man (2017 Remastered)
9. Welcome To The Room… Sara (2017 Remastered)
10. Isn’t It Midnight (2017 Remastered)
11. When I See You Again (2017 Remastered)
12. You And I, Pt. II (2017 Remastered)

Mirage vinyl LP

Side 1
1. Love In Store (2016 Remastered)
2. Can’t Go Back (2016 Remastered)
3. That’s Alright (2016 Remastered)
4. Book of Love (2016 Remastered)
5. Gypsy (2016 Remastered)
6. Only Over You (2016 Remastered)

Side 2
1. Empire State (2016 Remastered)
2. Straight Back (2016 Remastered)
3. Hold Me (2016 Remastered)
4. Oh Diane (2016 Remastered)
5. Eyes of the World (2016 Remastered)
6. Wish You Were Here (2016 Remastered)

23 responses to Fleetwood Mac remasters to get standalone vinyl reissues

1. Paul Lewis says:

Darn… I had ended up buying the Tango SDE specifically to get the vinyl! Oh well… I wonder why no standalone vinyl of Tusk yet?

• Chris S says:

Wasn’t Tusk reissued on vinyl just a few years ago? It’s still on Amazon, or am I missing something. ..

• Paul Lewis says:

You’re right… although if it was remastered, perhaps there should’ve been a new vinyl version too?

2. Thomas Staudt^ says:

Could the additional CDs from the Special Editions please also be released on their own (or as a nice package)?
    The vinyl was the main reason I didn’t buy them.

• Armidge says:

I’m with you, Thomas… I’d go for just the surround-sound mix on Mirage.

• Mike the Fish says:

The surround mix isn’t for the faint hearted, some of it has really different feel to the stereo mixes. I like it, but you might not!

3. elliott buckingham says:

amazon only showing auto rip for tango

Bit weird…

• Paul Lewis says:

There have been multiple examples of such autorip inconsistencies with Amazon over the years. If you query it, they tell you it is a rights issue… the number of times I’ve tried to explain that it can’t be as it’s the same band, same label, same publisher etc…

It does work the other way too though, sometimes, where you buy the 2CD of something and get a ‘bonus’ super deluxe autorip :)

• Paul Lewis says:

Yep, very true! Although the inconsistency is somewhat frustrating at times!

4. Mike the Fish says:

Super Deluxe of Mirage only 35.99 last time I looked in HMV. Store and online.

5. Mike the Fish says:

I don’t think think that Mirage vinyl was a million miles away from the 80s USA cut for the UK.

6. Derek Langsford says:

I know that businesses make things that they think people will buy and not necessarily what they want, but sometimes they should thing about saving waste. My unplayed vinyl collection is increasing because that’s the only way to get certain digital discs. IMO vinyl should be a standalone release with various combos of digital releases. I think Universal have actually got it right with the Sgt Pepper release next month. Most people can get what they want without being “forced” to buy something they don’t want.

By being patient I recently got my Mirage Deluxe (£29.99+£3.08 shipping via DHL to the USA from Amazon UK) and will wait for the Tango and Sgt. Pepper deluxe editions to drop in price.

7. Tone says:

Well I’m in the happy to just have the original vinyl release camp and have pre-ordered both

Interestingly enough I thought I would have to buy the deluxe versions and use the cds as frisbee’s or tea coasters

• Brendan says:

If you are ever burdened with and don’t want a CD version that’s included in a package (deluxe or otherwise) then let me know and I’ll take it off your hands. I’m sure many others would too. What a shame and a waste if that’s how you really feel about the CDs – that you would think so lowly of them to just basically want to throw them out. Or were you were just joking?

• Paul Nolan says:

Lol

8. Philip Cohen says:

If there was a stand-alone vinyl release of “Tusk”, I’d be eager to buy it, because my “Tusk” CD/DVD/Vinyl box had some factory damage(from careless handling by factory workers) on the Sides 1/2 vinyl L.P., though it only affects 30 seconds of the album’s first song (“Over and Over”). Unfortunately, my original 1979 “Tusk” 2-L.P. set is long-gone from my collection.
    A chance to buy the “Tusk” vinyl a la carte would enable me to “repair” my boxed set.

• Paul Nolan says:

Philip Cohen …..Tusk was released in 2012 on vinyl there are lots of them new and sealed on Discogs and amazon but a bit expensive on amazon

• Philip Cohen says:

Yes, but are those “Tusk” vinyl sets EU pressed (like the vinyl in the CD/DVD/L.P. boxed sets)?

9. Todd R. says:

Sad that essentially the same materials exist for each of these FM projects, and progressively they get less and less well managed. From TUSK alone there were two additional vinyl only RSD pressings (as if you’d want the CD editions on vinyl in addition to an 80$ box?) the same “alternative” edition of MIRAGE arrived this year. Therefore – not at all surprised at stand-alone vinyl reissues. Not my problem – if I look hard enough – I can easily find a TITN vinyl copy somewhere I’m guessing.
    I just wish they’d take even more care on some of these. I wish Christine McVie’s cover of “Can’t Help Falling In Love” from ABOUT LAST NIGHT (OMPS) could have been included with TITN, as it was the project that lead to the majority of FM being back in a studio together etc… history repeats when Stevie is producing for the TWISTER soundtrack (and the first commercial release of a track by NICKS/BUCKINGHAM) that gave us an early preview of what would be announced as THE DANCE. Finally now the’re not waiting for Stevie and we get the BUCKINGHAM MCVIE record……. (I say, take whatever tracks for the “new FM” add the 4 digital only EP tracks from 4 years ago add them and voila new FLEETWOOD MAC album….. ) Heck – we’re almost there anyhow – how about a new box set “50 Years The Chain” :) ?????