Fleetwood Mac / Rumours Super Deluxe Edition 6-disc box set

Fleetwood Mac / Rumours 6-disc deluxe box set

Fleetwood Mac / Rumours 6-disc deluxe box (click to enlarge)

Fleetwood Mac‘s classic 1977 album Rumours will be reissued on 28 January 2013 (29 Jan for North America and Canada) as a lavish six-disc super deluxe edition box set.

The set will include four CDs, a DVD and a gatefold vinyl edition of the album. Included amongst the content is the bonus disc from the 2004 deluxe edition (disc four in this set) along with a further disc of outtakes and early versions including a Stevie Nicks demo version of The Chain (disc three). A live CD (disc two) and the album proper (disc one) complete the CD line-up. The DVD is an official release of the legendary ‘Rosebud’ film, with documentary footage of the band, and live performances from this era. The vinyl will be a heavyweight 180g pressing.

In addition to this super deluxe edition box set,  a three-CD set will also be available that includes the live CD and the new CD of outtakes and demos (ie not the 2004 disc). As you might expect a simple one-CD reissue will also be issued along with the expanded sets. Pre-order links and full track listings below:

Pre-order Deluxe Box Set:

Pre-order 3CD Expanded Edition:

Fleetwood Mac / Rumours 35th Anniversary Super Deluxe Edition box set reissue 2013

click to enlarge

Super Deluxe Edition Track listing

Disc 1 (CD)

• 1. Second Hand News
  • 2. Dreams
  • 3. Never Going Back Again
  • 4. Don’t Stop
  • 5. Go Your Own Way
  • 6. Songbird
  • 7. The Chain
  • 8. You Make Loving Fun
  • 9. I Don’t Want To Know
  • 10. Oh Daddy
  • 11. Gold Dust Woman
  • 12. Silver Springs (B-side)

Disc 2 (CD)

• 1. Intro (Live)
  • 2. Monday Morning (Live)
  • 3. Dreams (Live)
  • 4. Don’t Stop (Live)
  • 5. The Chain (Live)
  • 6. Oh Daddy (Live)
  • 7. Rhiannon (Live)
  • 8. Never Going Back Again (Live)
  • 9. Gold Dust Woman (Live)
  • 10. World Turning (Live)
  • 11. Go Your Own Way (Live)
  • 12. Songbird (Live)

Disc 3 (CD)

• 1. Second Hand News (Acoustic, Lindsey Vocal)
  • 2. Dreams (Take 2) (Vocal & Keyboard)
  • 3. Never Going Back (Acoustic, LB/SN Duet)
  • 4. Go Your Own Way (Early version/LB)
  • 5. Songbird (1st recording)
  • 6. Songbird (Piano Only, No vocal)
  • 7. I Don’t Want To Know (Vocal, Drums, Bass)
  • 8. Keep Me There (No Vocal, Instrumental)
  • 9. The Chain (Stevie Demo, Acoustic)
  • 10. Keep Me There (Christine Vocal)
  • 11. Gold Dust Woman (Early Version)
  • 12. Oh Daddy (Christine Vocal)
  • 13. Silver Springs (Alt)
  • 14. Planets Of The Universe (Acoustic w/Piano)
  • 15. Doesn’t Anything Last (Acoustic, LB/SN Duet)
  • 16. Never Going Back (No Vocal, Instrumental w/Drums)

Disc 4 (CD)

• 1. Second Hand News
  • 2. Dreams
  • 3. Brushes (Never Going Back Again)
  • 4. Don’t Stop
  • 5. Go Your Own Way
  • 6. Songbird
  • 7. Silver Springs
  • 8. You Make Loving Fun
  • 9. Gold Dust Woman #1
  • 10. Oh Daddy
  • 11. Think About It
  • 12. Never Going Back Again
  • 13. Planets Of The Universe
  • 14. Butter Cookie (Keep Me There)
  • 15. Gold Dust Woman
  • 16. Doesn’t Anything Last
  • 17. Mic The Screecher
  • 18. For Duster (The Blues)

Disc 5 (DVD)

The Rosebud Film

Disc 6 (Vinyl)

• 1. Second Hand News (Vinyl LP)
  • 2. Dreams (Vinyl LP)
  • 3. Never Going Back Again (Vinyl LP)
  • 4. Don’t Stop (Vinyl LP)
  • 5. Go Your Own Way (Vinyl LP)
  • 6. Songbird (Vinyl LP)
  • 7. The Chain (Vinyl LP)
  • 8. You Make Loving Fun (Vinyl LP)
  • 9. I Don’t Want To Know (Vinyl LP)
  • 10. Oh Daddy (Vinyl LP)
  • 11. Gold Dust Woman (Vinyl LP)
Fleetwood Mac / Rumours 35th Anniversary 3CD reissue 2013

3CD Expanded Edition Track listing

Disc 1

• 1. Second Hand News
  • 2. Dreams
  • 3. Never Going Back Again
  • 4. Don’t Stop
  • 5. Go Your Own Way
  • 6. Songbird
  • 7. The Chain
  • 8. You Make Loving Fun
  • 9. I Don’t Want To Know
  • 10. Oh Daddy
  • 11. Gold Dust Woman
  • 12. Silver Springs (B-side)

Disc 2

• 1. Intro (Live)
  • 2. Monday Morning (Live)
  • 3. Dreams (Live)
  • 4. Don’t Stop (Live)
  • 5. The Chain (Live)
  • 6. Oh Daddy (Live)
  • 7. Rhiannon (Live)
  • 8. Never Going Back Again (Live)
  • 9. Gold Dust Woman (Live)
  • 10. World Turning (Live)
  • 11. Go Your Own Way (Live)
  • 12. Songbird (Live)

Disc 3

• 1. Second Hand News (Acoustic, Lindsey Vocal)
  • 2. Dreams (Take 2) (Vocal & Keyboard)
  • 3. Never Going Back (Acoustic, LB/SN Duet)
  • 4. Go Your Own Way (Early version/LB)
  • 5. Songbird (1st recording)
  • 6. Songbird (Piano Only, No vocal)
  • 7. I Don’t Want To Know (Vocal, Drums, Bass)
  • 8. Keep Me There (No Vocal, Instrumental)
  • 9. The Chain (Stevie Demo, Acoustic)
  • 10. Keep Me There (Christine Vocal)
  • 11. Gold Dust Woman (Early Version)
  • 12. Oh Daddy (Christine Vocal)
  • 13. Silver Springs (Alt)
  • 14. Planets Of The Universe (Acoustic w/Piano)
  • 15. Doesn’t Anything Last (Acoustic, LB/SN Duet)
  • 16. Never Going Back (No Vocal, Instrumental w/Drums)

25 responses to Fleetwood Mac / Rumours Super Deluxe Edition 6-disc box set

1. lee says:

making a 3 CD version available without duplicating the 2004 extras is superb from the band and label. the Super Deluxe is pretty well priced, will have to see how much cash is available at the end of Jan before deciding!

I agree that the 3CD set is well thought out and the non-duplication is cool. I’d recommend a early amazon pre-order on the SDE to secure a reasonable price and then cancel if you decide to save your money nearer the time…

2. Peter van noort says:

This is a must own….

3. Sebastian says:

can somebody explain why there is a “DVD”-logo on the third disc in the expanded exition?

Probably just an error. On the spine of this set is reads “3CD set” so it does look like no DVD for this expanded 3disc version.

4. Ron says:

but where is the 5.1 mix ??

Very good question Ron – maybe we can hope for a separate Blu-ray audio release with the 5.1 mix…

5. Chris Straub says:

Very grateful that they have had the courtesy to produce the 3-CD version so that I don’t have to buy yet another massive box just to get one disc. Now could we please have Buckingham-Nicks on CD?

6. Galley says:

That was quick! It was only yesterday that I first read of the “rumor” of this set. Anyway, the 3-CD set is a great option.

7. baward says:

Wonder why they didn’t press the record on white vinyl, like the original was in limited quantities? And I seem to recall that there wasn’t a gatefold either. Never mind. Boo-sucks to them though for not releasing the 5.1 in this set.

8. Todd R. says:

Well, I own the DVD-A, so surround sound for me is taken care of (The irony, as I don’t have a true surround system, I was only after the recording/release for the commentary tracks!)

As much as I was fearing (yet) another version of this album, I too am happy that they attempted to reduce the amount of duplication from the 2003 reissues. I’m still stuck getting the big set – because I wan’t the dvd footage, no doubt. I’m amazed to finally see this, since it was mentioned by the band back for the UNLEASHED TOUR. Kinda cool to see it now.

We must point out that at least Lindsey isn’t so thrilled with this (he’s already said that the band isn’t involved in the project (sad) and that he ‘…didn’t have much to say…’ about it…. Still, it looks like the fans do win out here.

Wasn’t Silver Springs supposed to go in the middle of the album? Not tagged on the end? Perhaps one difference from the 2003 reissue….

9. David Camilleri says:

This looks fantastic! However, when are we going to see Mirage and TITN remastered and expanded versions? Not to mention Bella Donna and Buckingham & Nicks…

• I second the motion here. “Mirage” and “Tango in the night” were awesome recordings, and yet the versions I have now sound so “blah” when shuffled w/ the remastered albums on my IPod.

10. Phil Wilson says:

Sainsburys has this to preorder at £51.99 for the SDE and £8.99 for the 3CD version. I have ordered lots from there, occasionally they can arrive a few days after release, but that tends to be with more obscure, newer bands. I also managed to get some Eric Clapton 2CD Deluxe Edition when it was onsale at £6.99. Worth checking out

11. Bill Janowski says:

I’d like to win this!!

12. Justin says:

It is a shame that the 5.1 has been overlooked for this set, a new surround mix would have been perfect seeing as the DVD-A (which I do own) was done at the very beginning of the format’s introduction over a decade ago. Just one thing…. If there is a new mix, Mr. Buckingham I implore you….please remix the tracks as they were. The drums added in the DVD-A 5.1 mix of my favourite track “Never Going Back Again” have annoyed me for 10 years.

13. Ramiro Ortega says:

Surround. Where the hell is the surround mix of this !!!!!!!!!! I’m gonna have to cash an extra 50 bucks (which includes shipping to South America ) for the SACD of this available in Japan since last year on top of the box set price.
    The price is fair for once (90 bucks including shipping) with a box set, with the exception of the amazing Screamadelica box set released last year which included awesome material and bought it for 90 bucks, but included two LPs, t-shirt, LP mat, book and 3 CDs plus the DVD. Absolutely brilliant.
    I’ve pre-ordered it, but will most likely cancel considering there’s no hi-def version of the album included here. I rather spend my cash in the SACD version of this and buy the 3 disc version in 2013.

14. Tom says:

Wow, this looks amazing. Surprised, though, they are releasing this in January and not in December to capitalize on the Christmas sales.

But at least it will not have to compete with other deluxe edition releases.

15. Thom says:

As much as I love this record, this all looks a bit too superfluous for my tastes. I’d prefer some long-overdue remastered Bob Welch-era albums to be honest.

16. Chris says:

Looks nice for sure, and I will likely pick it up. But I’m with Thom, while I appreciate the attention the “golden age” of Fleetwood Mac gets – deservedly so – it would be nice for the Bob Welch era to get some attention. Much of that stuff is difficult to find unless you wanna browse used bins. Some nice reissues of that material would be welcome (although I wonder what the market for it would be. Maybe a good opportunity for folks to discover that there is some great FM material pre Stevie/Lindsey)

17. Pingback:High Resolution Blues: how the industry is failing with hi-res audio | superdeluxeedition

18. Dani77 says:

Rumours! Again! Mirage and Tango In The Night album with bonus track? When??

19. Pingback:Out This Week / 28 Jan 2013 | superdeluxeedition

20. Pingback:On First Drafts | Alternate Writes

21. Pingback:Exclusive first listen: Fleetwood Mac live from the vaults - Erik Valebrokk