Fleetwood Mac / Tango in the Night super deluxe edition confirmed

Remastered with remixes and demos – but no 5.1

Warners will issue a five-disc super deluxe edition box set of Fleetwood Mac‘s 1987 album Tango in the Night in March.

The set will feature three CDs of audio, comprising of a remastered version of the album on disc one, B-sides, demos, alternate versions on disc two and 14 remixes on the third CD.

The fourth disc is a DVD which contains promo videos and a hi-res stereo version of the album (rather than a 5.1 mix). A vinyl edition is also included with the super deluxe edition.

This reissue is scheduled for release on 10 March 2017. Update: Delayed until 31 March.

0081227946388

Fleetwood Mac

Tango in the Night - super deluxe box set

Shop Price GBP Stock
HMV uk 6LP coloured vinyl box 58.99

0081227946371

Fleetwood Mac

Tango in the Night - expanded 2CD

Shop Price GBP Stock
HMV uk 6LP coloured vinyl box 12.99

track_listing

newtango

Disc: 1
1. Big Love (Remastered)
2. Seven Wonders (Remastered)
3. Everywhere (Remastered)
4. Caroline (Remastered)
5. Tango in the Night (Remastered)
6. Mystified (Remastered)
7. Little Lies (Remastered)
8. Family Man (Remastered)
9. Welcome To The Room… Sara (Remastered)
10. Isn’t It Midnight (Remastered)
11. When I See You Again (Remastered)
12. You And I, Pt. II (Remastered)

Disc Two: B-Sides, Outtakes, Sessions
1.    “Down Endless Street”
2.    “Special Kind Of Love” (Demo)*
3.    “Seven Wonders” (Early Version)*
4.    “Tango In The Night” (Demo)*
5.    “Mystified” (Alternate Version)*
6.    “Book Of Miracles” (Instrumental)
7.    “Where We Belong” (Demo)*
8.    “Ricky”
9.    “Juliet” (Run-Through)*
10.  “Isn’t It Midnight” (Alternate Mix)*
11.  “Ooh My Love” (Demo)*
12.  “Mystified” (Instrumental Demo)*
13.  “You And I, Part I & II” (Full Version)*

Disc Three: The 12″ Mixes (super deluxe only)
1. “Big Love” (Extended Remix)
2. “Big Love” (House On The Hill Dub)
3. “Big Love” (Piano Dub)
4. “Big Love” (Remix/Edit)
5. “Seven Wonders” (Extended Version)
6. “Seven Wonders” (Dub)
7. “Little Lies” (Extended Version)
8. “Little Lies” (Dub)
9. “Family Man” (Extended Vocal Remix)
10. “Family Man” (I’m A Jazz Man Dub)
11. “Family Man” (Extended Guitar Version)
12. “Family Party” (Bonus Beats)
13. “Everywhere” (12″ Version)
14. “Everywhere” (Dub)

Disc Four: The Videos (DVD) *super deluxe only
1. “Big Love”
2. “Seven Wonders”
3. “Little Lies”
4. “Family Man”
5. “Everywhere”
Plus a High-Resolution Stereo Mix of the Original Album

Tango In The Night (Vinyl)

Side One
1. “Big Love”
2. “Seven Wonders”
3. “Everywhere”
4. “Caroline”
5. “Tango In The Night”
6. “Mystified”

Side Two
1. “Little Lies”
2. “Family Man”
3. “Welcome To The Room… Sara”
4. “Isn’t It Midnight”
5. “When I See You Again”
6. “You And I, Part II”

212 responses to Fleetwood Mac / Tango in the Night super deluxe edition confirmed

1. Daveyman says:

Thankfully they’ve supplied all the period extra remixes etc which is good – ‘download only’ option averted for this SDE… you know who i mean!

2. Will says:

S disappointed there’s no 5.1!! Surely they could have got Mr Wilson to do one even from basic stereo track which he has done before :-(
    Oh Well money saved.

3. Alvy says:

The absence of a 5.1 mix is hugely disappointing, not least because the Mirage one was stunning. Tango in the Night would have lent itself very well to a surround mix. A real shame.

4. richard brazier says:

Looks pretty damn good to me, excited!!

5. Paul says:

Looks like a nice set – but it does slightly niggle me how we keep getting DVDs rather than Blu-Ray, when Blu-Ray has been around for years.

• Lee says:

Seconded. Why are DVD’s even still being manufactured at this point?

• Ross says:

Not everyone has a BluRay player and/or HD TV. DVD sales are still pretty reasonable which suggests that this is true of quite a few people.

Some things you don’t need a DVD for anyway. A stereo hi-res mix and some 80s promo videos which were probably shot on video, would be two of those things.

• RobDeighton says:

Because it’s pointless if the source material is shot in standard definition. Plus the majority still only have DVD players.

• Chris Squires says:

Spot on. Blu-ray is only useful, for images anyway, if the original footage was shot on cinefilm. 8mm, 16mm (most likely) or if they got lucky 35mm. This is unlikely for 1980s promos which have probably languished on Umatic or Betacam. All of which is BELOW what we know as standard definition of 720 x 576 (UK) or 720 x 480 (US). So even going up to standard definition on a DVD is stretching the original and HD 1920 x 1080 is a step too far for the original 1980s material, serving no purpose and doing what your Blu-ray player would do anyway which is upscale the image.

A Blu-ray would be nice if the footage could take it, but I doubt this can, given the year.

• Paul says:

Aye, but I hate that moment when halfway through watching a DVD when it decides to transition to the second layer and there’s a 1 second pause – really useful if you’re halfway through watching a concert!

I understand your point about the blu-ray quality being greater than the source material but layer transitioning is also a factor.

• matthew says:

yes, very true re resolution.

• matthew says:

however, INXS’s concert movie was ‘filmed’, but still no blu-ray of that.

• David Bricknell says:

Worth considering is that the sound will be far superior on a Blu Ray.

A good example can be found on a few of the Stones “From The Vault” Blu Ray releases of decades old concerts. Stickers on some of these titles make it clear that the source is SD (which I think is admirable of the distributors to draw attention to this fact) however, they’re always worth buying over the DVD’s for the great sound.

• matthew says:

YES – bugs me re blu-ray too.

6. Dan says:

Ordered the Super Deluxe, this is my favourite FM album, glad to see the remixes are included, although it’d be nice to have the remixes track list mixed up a bit to avoid too much repetition.

7. Robert Morgenstern says:

I am very happy that the 12inch versions are included. I thought there was an surround mix done by Wilson. I will order it anyway.

8. Jack MPLS says:

Honestly they couldn’t do a 5.1 mix? I highly doubt the Hi Res DVD will sound any better than the CD. I recall buying dual disc flipped CDs that contained hi res stereo and I couldn’t tell any difference

Pre-order canceled

9. dominic edwards says:

Oi! McCartney, this is how you do it! ;-)

10. esque says:

No “You and I, Part 1”?????????????????

11. Andrew Edwards says:

Outstanding. Seems like WB knows the importance of all the remixes for fans. I believe this was the only FM project that had so many remixes. I will be buying this. Great job FM, their management and the label

12. I’d be all over this if a 5.1 mix has been included. Rumours (pun not intended) have been rife for years that a 5.1 mix has been sat on the shelves for years but I guess it won’t be making an appearance anytime soon.

• Robert Harvey says:

A high resolution 5.1 mix of Rumours is available on DVD-Audio. The disc is available used or new from Amazon.com marketplace sellers, and is often available on eBay.

• Will says:

There’s a sacd of rumours in 5.1 which very very occasionally makes an appearance on eBay. I managed to get one about £25.00! So I understand why no 5.1 with that deluxe set. Tusk and Mirage had one so it really is a peeve that no 5.1 for this.

13. boogie tonight says:

this right here is all i need —- Family Man (I’m a Jazz Man Dub) [Remastered]

14. elliott buckingham says:

pre-ordered for £61 before it shoots up

15. Dave says:

Nice track list but where is You And I (Part 1) – been after that track in high quality for years.

16. Neil Forker says:

Where is You and I, Part I from theBig Love single!!! I want that one! My 45 is very worn!!!

17. Phil G. says:

Pleased to see they decided to include the remixes but disappointed that they didn’t go for a 5.1 surround mix.

18. DJ Control says:

“…but no 5.1” at least we get the remixes…and they’re not downloads!

19. Ed says:

Yet another box set with a pointless vinyl edition as well as the CDs. Can’t get the third CD separately. Not impressed. If anyone wants vinyl, they’ll buy vinyl.

• Arthur says:

Pointless? Vinyl rules, I want the vinyl as well as all of the extended versions and remixes, etc.

• Ed says:

Vinyl’s fine, but I won’t play it if I have a CD of the same thing, therefore it’s pointless to me. Just an excuse to bump up the price. Should make the formats available separately.

• Musicmacca says:

You miss the point. These collections are for completists and we should be grateful the record company and the artist put them out in the first place. I doubt they are huge money spinners anyway as paul McCartney’s manager has pointed out. Still hoped for a 5.1 mix though !!

20. Gary Shaw says:

No 5.1 mix + vinyl included = a boxset I don’t need.

21. joe connelly says:

I’m almost definitely in for the 2-disc version. Wish there was an option for the 3 CDs without the DVD and vinyl. I’m glad they’ve gone forward past Rumours and Tusk. Now I hope they’ll go back and re-issue the Welch era albums with some interesting bonus material.

22. mike says:

Agree with Dominic, Macca learn!!!! Bloody brilliant, reissue of 2017 winner!

23. Michael C says:

Excellent news.
    Saw this listed on Amazon US last week. Was waiting for it to get a UK release date only to see it dissapear a few days later.
    Order placed.

24. Bryan says:

About blooming time!

25. Reed says:

If You and I Part I is incorporated into the Full Mix version on Disc 2, I would think this one of the better comprehensive SDE offerings in recent memory. I hear the complaints about a lack of 5.1, and yes, kind of a bummer. But happy they didn’t try to push Discs 1 & 2 on us without Disc 3. Include the remixes, always!!

26. Thorsten says:

I know there was a Video for ‘Isn’t it Midnight’
    but I never heard about a Video for ‘Family Man’!

27. Chris says:

From what I’m hearing via The Second Disc of “You and I, Part II (Full Version)”, it will include Part I which was released as the B-side of “Big Love.” So, it looks like we’re getting a version with both parts on one track.

28. claudio says:

…oh no, not VINYL again…

29. RJSWinchester says:

A classic album. I have no interest in the remixes, videos or the vinyl edition so I’ll opt for the 2 CD edition when the price dips to £9.99 or less.

30. Tyler Williams says:

Hey Paul,

Obviously missing from here is the highly sought-after You And I, Part I. Do you know whether or not You And I, Part II (Full Version) on disc two includes Part I, or what is the difference between You And I, Part II on disc one, and You And I, Part II (Full Version) on disc two?

31. Francis says:

I would have prefered the option of a 3Disc Set with all the mixes included, rather than the mixes only being in the Super Deluxe Edition which is not only much more expensive but I will never play the Vinyl LP, there being a CD of it, or rarely will I ever watch the DVD. I hate it when all the mixes get included in the Super Deluxe Editions only, which is similar to the Tears For Fears issue of “Songs From The Big Chair” and the Simple Minds issues (these I purchased because there was no Vinyl LP which would never get played but just stored on a shelf).

• Dean says:

Agreed, it means having to pay £65 to have the disc of remixes. I’ll never watch the DVD or play the vinyl. Or listen to the studio outtakes and demos. I’d have preferred the two disc to be the album on one disc and the mixes on the second disc. Even a three disc edition would have been better. I hope WB are listening and reading this thread. Whilst labels like Demon and Cherry Pop get bad press for their products – for me – they understand the need for simple 2 disc editions with the album and mixes over two CD’s.

32. Ryan says:

Hoping that “You and I, Part II (Full Version)” includes Part I. If it does, this is a great set. If not, what a stunning omission! Perhaps the master couldn’t be located?

I think that is the case (from what I’ve heard/read) so “You And I, Part II (Full Version) contains Part I within it…

33. Manuel says:

I’d like the remixes but I don’t want the vynil. I’ll take the double edition…

34. Cecil Meulenberg says:

Any details on how high-res the DVD content is?

35. John Hirst says:

Thanks for the tip on Amazon Italy – that certainly saved a few quid.

36. Chris L says:

Judging by the previous sets, i reckon the Amazon uk price will drop to the £50 mark (it’s currently £47 from Spin but I’ve given up on them – sick to death of their terrible customer service). Also, as per the previous sets, I reckon the actual release date will end up nearer to May!

37. neal says:

Its a shame you have to buy the super deluxe just to get the 3rd CD of remixes

• Patrick says:

I agree. They should offer 3 disc separately not only 2. I mean just because you only want the cd edition of this you shouldn’t miss out on something, right?

38. Patrick Gleeson says:

Methinks a later separate Blu-Ray Audio with 5.1 is in the offing …

39. Alex says:

Looks nice. I’m sure I’ll buy this one someday, despite the missing track You And I (Part 1) and the dvd instead of blu ray.
    But I’m sure the price will drop a bit so I’ll wait for a deal alert.

40. William M says:

Gutted there is no 5:1 mix, if ever they had an album made for that it was this one!!, I guess it was a cost saving exercise, happy with all the other content though

41. Keith says:

No 5.1 and vinyl in the box deal breaker I’ll save my money for something more worthy

42. Arthur says:

My goodness, how people love to complain. This box set has something for everyone, including the vinyl lovers like myself. I rarely buy these sorts of box sets because of how much they usually cost, yet I’m going to splurge for this one as it is one of my favorite albums. :)

• Arthur says:

I’m referring to the Super Deluxe Edition, of course.

• Greg says:

Not something for this everybody. I am taking a pass due to the lack of 5.1
      It is a forum/comments section though and I for one appreciate those making comments.
      Maybe just maybe, someone at the labels visit these sites and will gauge that there is a interest in 5.1 and for your sake vinyl and how that correlates into future offerings.

43. Mike the Fish says:

Yeah, I’m disappointed there’s no 5.1 for this. Still, despite being someone who generally loves 12″ mixes, I’m pleased that the 2CD set doesn’t have them on, which I’d consider getting in the absence of 5.1. I’ve heard at least three of the remixes and didn’t like any of them.

44. kauwgompie says:

VERY happy with the remixes. Well done! Will buy for sure!!!

45. Keith T Brittain says:

This is a great set – and no McCartney-esque downloads to content with either! I didn’t even know that some of these 12 versions existed. I will buy it!.

46. Rob Kirby says:

Also very happy with what’s listed here – even with the vinyl album :) I didn’t expect that any/all of the remixes would be included, never mind a DVD of all the promos. A definite purchase.

47. Geoff says:

Realise I’ll get shot down (Macca) but… I’m going for the iTunes. You get all the music discs 1-3 for £19.99. I love physical product when done well but I won’t pay top dollar for stuff I don’t need (vinyl). I’ve also got / heard many of the remixes and while it’s nice to have the full set … they are a bit tortuous to listen to … memories of – I am what I am, am what I am x 3,000 in the Family Man remix

48. Stefano says:

This news makes my day! Didn’t expect we were getting ALL the mixes, even the excellent remix/edit of Big Love, and the dubs. Wow! So glad.
    And I count on the full version of You & I to fully contain part 1. Can’t immagine that this important B-side is neglected here. Very curious to hear the transition from part 1 into part 2 though.

49. fmfanuk says:

No promo video for ‘Isn’t It Midnight’ you may have seen a live clip from the Tango In The Night In Concert DVD, the video for Family Man is taken from then Seven Wonders promo video with period stock family type imagery inserted into the video, I guess Lindsey had gone at the time this video was put together. And I understand the hi-res tracks are 96/24

50. Marco says:

I wonder now if Behind The Mask and Time will get the deluxe treatment…I don’t think so.

• william mckinley says:

I hope they do the Behind the Mask cd next. This would be interesting. Considering it was a time of transition for the band. There should be some very interesting songs from them during this time. What I would like to see after this would be a deluxes of Bare Trees and Mystery To Me.

51. princebowie says:

I agree about the remixes. would have preferred these on the 2 disc set.

52. Heinerich says:

This is almost the second best box set for me…The first being “Songs From The Big Chair”, which is hands down, the best box set ever! (In my humble opinion)
    Disc three is absolutely perfect, and I also look forward to the new vinyl pressing (The “Mirage” one was excellent).

53. PDS says:

Disc 3 track 12 should that be Family Man ?

54. AlexKx says:

Isn’t it obvious that the artists and record companies are holding back on a ton of stuff for re-issuing everything in and on a new format? Hopefully this would entail blu-ray and even larger hardcover books with gorgeous hardcover slip cases…

55. Geoff G says:

I might be canceling my pre-order. As I don’t use vinyl, and the DVD is very underwhelming. There was a Tango in the Night concert video released, which I was hoping to be included. Although, I understand why it’s not, as there is no Lindsay in the video. I’ll have to think on this. The first three discs look good, though.

56. Michael says:

SUPER ! will be orderd !

57. Phil Wilson says:

Cheaper still on Amazon France, 59.51 euros

Thanks. Having some technical issues at present with the Price Comparison Widgets, so for a short period SDE is running in ‘classic’ mode. Hence the old-style pre-order links!!

58. df1chicago says:

FINALLY!!! we get music videos on the dvd!

“rumours” had video content in the super deluxe edition.

but “mirage” and “tusk” did not, despite the availability of music videos, concert, and documentary footage. we uher fans WANT this stuff.

59. Mark stuart says:

Glad the extended remix 12″ stuff is only on the deluxe version.they are dreadful,full of drum machines,and tracks that end up sounding nothing like the original tracks.Fleetwood Mac are the sort of band that don’t suit them at all.

60. Eric says:

My dream SDE almost lives up to my expectations! I own this album in every format, from vinyl to cassette to CD, plus several of the 12″ singles. This set gathers everything up, plus some extra demos, puts it in a beautiful box (I am biased because for me Tango is the most stunning album sleeve of all-time) and even includes DVD promos and a Hi-Res mix.

The vinyl will obviously be unnecessary for me, but the sleeve could always be framed and it also means the overall SDE box is full-size, rather than a 3CD fat digipak. I can see why they’ve excluded the Tango concert DVD (it wasn’t great and it actually belongs in a post-Lindsey era). It’s easily available, and quite cheap, anyway.

61. Daniel ( from Berlin ) says:

Thanks Paul that news make my day!
    I’m always very critical with Super Deluxe Editions ( as you know )
    but this Set could be the Box Set of the year for me.
    All 12” remixes and the demo versions and b-sides. Wow!!

62. Willy says:

I’m not ashamed to say I am buying this just for that one track, You and I, Part 1.
    It is that good, a mystical, catchy-as-hell, sumptuous chocolate cake of a song! Baffled as to why it was left off the album to begin with.

63. Daran says:

Yes yes yes yes!!!! There is a god! Don’t care about 5.1, only that there is a hi-res version. You only hear in stereo anyway. It doesn’t matter how many directions sound is coming at you from, you only have two ears to pick it up.

• Mike the Fish says:

That’s quite an ignorant approach.

• Daran says:

No it’s not. It is true. Movies I accept why you may want to simulate sounds coming from different directions for effect. For music simulating sitting in the middle of a room with different instruments playing around you in 360 is really a novelty. Because for those outside the recording band setup in a room it almost never happens in reality that you hear music channels separated in any way but stereo. The MAC album was recorded and mastered with a pair of stereo monitors in the control room like all albums. If you want to create a multi-channel mix of it then fine, but that is not the original way the band and producer listened back in the studio.

• Greg says:

It is fine that you don’t appreciate 5.1 but please don’t use the embarrassing “you only have two ears” line. Your hearing isn’t mono-directional nor is it limited to processing multiple sounds from multiple directions. To some listeners, a quality 5.1 mix expands the soundstage often revealing subtleties that too often were buried in stereo mixes.

It would seem from numerous blind test studies that the true novelty would likely be more associated with average people being able to discern a notable difference between hi-res and standard resolution. Most cannot accurately pick out the difference.

• Daran says:

Greg we have two ears and hear binaurally. Stereo mixes are the most faithful to mimic what we hear naturally in terms of spatial placement with said ears. That is not a post-truth fact, just a fact. Hence multi-channel surround music mixes have never taken hold and been popular or mainstream. Although many argue that even stereo is an artificial presentation, and that a mono mix is best to hear music with balanced sound waves coming toward us as they do live from static musicians playing in front of us. George Martin and Brian Wilson were big mono fans (although the latter was deaf one side). So the further away you get from mono the less realistic the presentation is?: http://pitchfork.com/features/oped/9492-back-to-mono/ Are 5.1 and higher mixes valid? Sure, they are interesting. But please don’t push them as anything but a sonic curio. They are most definitely not a realistic or authentic representation of the way people hear music naturally, unless you are listening whilst in the middle of a band playing! Even then it can get silly, e.g with different drums in a single kit mixed in all different channels. How can Mick Fleetwood’s snare drum sound be coming from behind you if he was playing in front of you? It is impossible in reality. Fun to hear yes, but not realistic without technical intervention. There has to be an irony that when watching one of the most proactive issuers of MC mixes Mr David Gilmour live at the Royal Albert Hall last year the sound presented to the audience was a stereo mix (2.1 at most) from the stacks hanging down from the ceiling. I bet neither Dave or his band were hearing monitoring in anything greater than 2.0 either.

64. Cecil Meulenberg says:

The Second Disc FB site mentions ‘a new 96 kHz/24-bit stereo transfer’

65. elliott buckingham says:

love the 12″ mixes have them all but glad to be able to hear remastered versions hopefully these aint vinyl rips

66. Jason Brown says:

Would have thought the DVD would have included the Tango In The Night tour video / DVD?
    The one with a cracking version of Stand Back? But otherwise a little niggle in a pretty strong package.

67. Shane says:

Oh I’m so happy they actually went with the remixes! And love that they are all in correct order, I hate shuffled tracks. Indeed if you don’t like it, there’s a shuffle version on anything you use to play it. Ordered!

68. Gareth Pugh says:

It’s genuinely great to see artists (in this case, pretty legendary ones with a very high profile and prestigious back catalogue) not be sniffy about including period 12″ mixes of their material. Many are great about this, others – and we can all think of a few! – are not always so generous about this even when getting them in remastered/best quality form is often one of the things highest on many fans’ wishlists. So, thumbs up for Fleetwood Mac, their team and the label here.

69. Glenn Roger says:

I got to give it to Fleetwood Mac, this Tango In The Night Super Deluxe box set looks awesome and I am definately looking forward to March! I loved all the “B” cuts back in the day and always wanted them all in one place so was thrilled to see “Ricky”, “Down Endless Street”, and the full version of “You & I- Parts I & II” included finally because they are wonderful. I would also like to point out that Fleetwood Mac recognized the contributions that their extended remixes gave and there is a full disc of those, how cool is that. Something Paul McCartney should take notice of!!! And past feedback from Super Deluxe Edition must have gotten back to the Fleetwood Mac camp because we are finally getting music video’s at last for this album! Everytime Fleetwood Mac have listed an upcoming super deluxe edition, I have been breathless with anticipation, this will be no different.

70. ERIC from France says:

Well Paul, it is a pity that the live at the Cow Palace SFO december 1987 is not included in this set !
    I bought it as a laserdisc in 1988…
    In my opinion, a live dvd would have been nicer than a vinyl copy of the studio album.
    Tracklisting
    9 Gold Dust Woman
    10 Another Woman
    11 Standback
    12 Songbird
    13 Don’t Stop

71. Simon says:

No 5.1 is a major disappointment. So much so that I’ll be giving this a miss.

72. Neil says:

They have the single CD £5.99 and the double £12.99 available to preorder on HMV but no sign of the box set. I feel this should have just been 3 cds and a DVD and the vinyl should have been sold separately for the people who are into relics.

73. Jim Edwards says:

I hope Sir Paul McCartney gets to see this and realises from ivory tower just how to execute a SDE.

74. Ern says:

I’m delighted with this and have ordered it.

This is the first FM album I bought when it first came out and am looking forward to listening to CDs 2 & 3 as I never bothered with the singles or mixes at the time. At least this is affordable and has a lot more to offer than a reissue from another artist we won’t mention.

75. Christian says:

Competent tracklist, still I’m greatly disappointed by the omission of outtake “Joan Of Arc” – 2 versions are known to exist. And many early, and hugely interesting early versions of songs are missing from disc 2: Several radically different versions of Little Lies, You And I (feat. Mick Fleetwood on vocals), etc…

• Christian says:

What makes the left-out era outtakes so interesting, is that they’re not just jams or rough versions, but alternate interpretations, sometimes with entirely different chords and arrangements.

• David Oberman says:

A full disc devoted to the remixes? They all sound so similar. Besides, they were remixed by non-Fleetwood Mac engineers. The demo and outtake CD is kind of disappointing because it’s quite short. Lots of missing stuff that most of us fans know about, from “Joan of Arc” to “At the Fair” to “Little Lies” to “Welcome to the Room, Sara,” and so on. So far, the splashy “Tusk” deluxe from 2016 is the clear front runner of all the special editions, followed by the deluxe and the expanded “Rumours” releases (combining both their discs of demos and outtakes). Not coincidentally, those two editions have great live tracks included–much of which had never circulated anywhere.

76. RJSWinchester says:

To be honest, I don’t think this will benefit too much from a remaster because it sounds very polished already. I noticed the existing CD was being promoted for £2.99 in HMV at the weekend. A bargain.

77. peter says:

Well this is a pretty expected delight. After Tusk and Mirage reissues were announced, I don’t think anyone doubted an eventual Tango deluxe edition. Would’ve been nice if they spread these reissues out after a longer period of time instead of every few months…give us time to really digest all the new/newish material before throwing up more. (3 in just over 1 year is alot).

Love the demos we’ll be getting, but FOUR versions of Big Love and Family Man each? Yikes, Lindsey–but is anyone really that shocked? Tusk reissue did have 83 versions of I Know I’m Not Wrong…

The Tango tour was arguably one of their lesser ones (not just Lindsey missing and Stevie being in horrible narcotic shape) and I seriously doubted the reissue would have a live disc but personally I was really hoping for it. Most of the songs on the recent Mirage live cd were repeats from earlier live releases (since they really didnt do much from the Mirage album on the supporting tour) but a Tango tour recording could’ve potentially had stuff like Little Lies, Everywhere, Seven Wonders, Isnt It Midnight, Stand Back, Has Anyone Written Anything For You, Brown Eyes, etc.

I’d also trade in all the reissues for a The Dance vinyl release, but THAT is certainly not happening anytime soon. :)

78. Jake says:

If the Super Deluxe set had included 5.1, or even a live CD or video concert, I might have gone for it.

As it is, I’m actually happy with the 2-CD version. I was never really fond of remixes so I won’t miss that in the 2-CD version. But if there are some good remixes on songs I like, I see iTunes has the 3-CD version and I can buy individual remix tracks from there. (Just don’t tell Paul McCartney that I find any sort of download product acceptable.)

79. Jon says:

No “Joan of Arc” which was written by Stevie and recorded by FM during the Tango sessions….disappointing…

80. Geoff says:

Yeah I have to agree – no 5.1 means no purchase on my part – the additional tracks just don’t justify the cost for me – what a shame

81. Bruno says:

Gee…I’d like to listen 12″ mixes more than demo version…So I must buy box set.

82. Wolfgang Mintrop says:

Regarding the 3rd … “12” / Versions” + “Fleetwood Mac” = I think this is some kind of constellation which, in my opinion, does not really match. I would have preferred more live stuff.

83. Anthony says:

Where’s the live DVD?

84. Jens says:

Please, give us a 3-CD-pack. I love the remixes, but I don’t need the Vinyl and the DVDs.

85. Ronnie says:

This looks good, though the usual gripes can be applied. Why combine formats? And in my personal opinion I would’ve preferred more outtakes and/or live cuts than a cd with mixes, these don’t add much for me.

86. Ronnie says:

And for those who want digital:
    Amazon.de has a download version of the deluxe edition for €24,99. This includes the remaster, the outtakes and the mixes. And you’ll get the Tango in the Night demo immediately.

87. Pingback:SDE Reissue Preview for 2017 | superdeluxeedition

88. Eddie says:

Shame that there is no 3 CD set only as all I am interested in are the remixes. I’m not keen on demo’s or alternate versions and have no interest in the Vinyl or DVD…………..

89. Will_2 says:

I’ll wait for confirmed details on the hi-rez before pulling the trigger.
    HDTracks have already released a hi-rez version of this, maybe 4 years ago, so I’m hoping this new release is sourced from the new master rather than the old one.

90. Michael says:

Very unfair how, to get the third disc and DVD, you have to go SDE. Vinyl should be separate.

91. darren says:

Is there any chance that a stand alone vinyl release will occur. Still waiting for a vinyl only Mirage….

92. DaveM says:

Bring it on, I can’t wait. SDE preordered and can live with the mixed formats as I think these still represent good value and clearly they know more about what the fans want than some I could mention!

93. Dani77 says:

I’m so afraid: Tango – no 5.1, Fleeteood Mac album – no deluxe edition

94. Isaías says:

I’d love to see Lindsey Buckingham’s Law And Order as Deluxe Edition also. Is there anough material to do it so? Anyone can say something about it please?

• Willy says:

Yeah all of his solo albums, certainly the first three. Imagine what demos and noodlings and other crazy delights he has filed away.

95. Josh Higgins says:

This reissue is brilliant and I have pre-ordered it. However, I am disappointed to find there are so many demos missing off the tracklistings. It is a shame, for example, that the various ‘Little Lies’ and ‘Everywhere’ demos (which are all over the Internet) are not included on the reissue.

96. AnthonyC says:

As there are a few comments about dvd versus blu ray, I thought I’d add my spin to this.

Blu-ray is merely a high capacity storage solution. What goes on it is irrelevant as it has no bearing on the content being stored.

So, there is plenty of room for all standard definition promos, a 5.1 mix and a lessor compressed stereo mix.

The early videos I produced were shot on either 16mm (16:9), super 16mm (4:3) or 35 mm (4:3). Then we entered the digital era of course. Digital started as standard definition long before true HD was possible. Even now to shoot 4k is rare.

In the 80s all videos were telecined onto Umatic tape and in the 90s; beta (ferrous oxide), Beta SP or latterly Digi beta. The later being the only digital format.

It is possible to reconform a music video to be 1080p as the source is optical, however the original EDL would need to be intact which is very likely impossible indeed. This would be a great experiment but there are far too many variables involved in the workflow process.

In fact it would be interesting to know if a Quantel Henry or Harriet could export at a higher resolution as that platform was digital, but I doubt it.

A great example of digital multi layer compositing can be seen in this 90s video:

As another example, the quality on The Police greatest hits dvd is absolutely exceptional. Considering Roxanne was shot in 1978, it still looks stunning. But it would seem the masters were exceptionally well looked after.

:-)

• Stefano says:

So you say: the promo videos concerned won’t benefit from the advantage of Blu-ray, due to the limitations of their analogue masters, and therefore Blu-ray doesn’t give any better quality than DVD. Right?

97. Kauwgompie says:

This is how an SDE should be done. All possible remixes included. I’m hoping for a Bruce Springsteen SDE of “Born In The USA” also with a disc of original remixes. Many extended and dub versions of those songs. That’s what people wanted back then and they got it. Release them Bruce!!

98. foxee says:

Well, it’s not as great a package as it could have been, but it’s still a great package. Can’t wait to have the remixes disc.

My money is on this going to number 1 again on release – it’s already in the Amazon top 5 – it’s still such an enduring popular classic. For me, this ties with ‘Hounds of Love’ as the best album of the 80s.

Just hope a really good deluxe edition of Stevie’s ‘Rock a Little’ is on the cards – at least 3 discs, with all of those ‘Mirror, Mirror’ recordings and demos, including the mythical Prince duet (dream on….)

99. Judemac says:

I have a collection of their 12 Inch singles on my website BLOG section. Search Google with site name & band plus 12ers and the you & me titles are original splits, from my FLAC collection. They should added the split versions as well of the “B” rare version of you & me. Also glad this is pretty much complete box set. Here tha McCartney?

100. Chris Cooper says:

Brilliant box set! So pleased with the track listing, and finally getting all of those remixes, nearly all on CD for the first time. Also brilliant to get the videos, unlike with Mirage. Shame there’s no live tracks, but maybe that’s because Lindsey had left before they went out on tour. Can’t wait to get my hands on this!!!

101. alan hansen says:

i’m very happy (now) with the mega-5disc SDE box. however, before i spring for it, i’m going to wait and see if japan puts out the same set minus the vinyl – a 4-disc set. THAT, would be the perfect SDE for me.

102. Gino says:

Do all the boxes match in size for the FM super deluxe editions?

• Ryan says:

No, but side by side, it’s close. The Mirage box is maybe half an inch smaller (and a little thinner) than Rumours and Tusk.

103. Patrick Hannan says:

you can get the 3 Disc version on iTunes

104. mike says:

54.99 on HMV.com!!

105. Philip Birtwistle says:

Like the look of this. get to avoid the remixes if you wish by getting the 2 disc set, no random live tracks taking up a disc, just the album, the B-sides and the outtakes. Just what I want!!!

106. Guy Vitti says:

Missed opportunity excluding a 5.1 mix. This album exceptionally recorded.

107. Carl says:

We get remixes and videos on this deluxe edition – fantastic!! This is what a deluxe reissue should be. I’m not overly disappointed that the live songs from this tour aren’t on it – they just weren’t as good without Lindsey. I’d rather have the remixes. I can’t wait for this to be released and will definitely purchase it. Please note Mr. McCartney that this is how a deluxe reissue should be handled.

108. Griffin says:

Yes, yes, yes, I’m glad they listened to/heard us on SDE that WE (the ones who cherish 80’s remixes)! Now I’ll buy it. If they can swap disc 3 The 12″ Mixes with disc 2 B-sides/Outtakes/Sessions I will order the 2CD set (album+remixes) right away ;)

Huh, 5 disc set: 3CD’s, 1 DVD what’s the 5th disc? Vinyl? Noooo, why would I want a vinyl? Can they just separate them in 2 different issues? If they mix the CD/DVD with vinyl I will have to think about it ;(

I don’t mind the remixes are grouped of the same song together. That’s what I would do anyway. So you can hear the difference from the one mix to another. And I would even group the remixes from the same remixer together. BTW on the CD singles boxes like Bananarama you have 10~20 mixes/different version back to back :D

109. William M says:

I think they should have offered the chance to do a 5:1 mix to Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross, Buckingham played on the last NIN album so Reznor could have returned the favour and if anyone can outdo Steven Wilson on audio it’s yer man

Unless they’ve lost the multi-tracks (unlikely) I can’t really understand why a 5.1 mix wasn’t commissioned. It doesn’t cost that much and the band obviously don’t have a fundamental problem with 5.1 since the other albums have surround mixes. It would have made the SDE perfect, rather than very good.

110. Rickjapan says:

Count me in as another one for the “can’t understand mixing CDs with vinyl” camp.

I’m overjoyed at the new (?) music available with this set, but have no need for vinyl (not to mention big boxes). So, I’m going for the iTunes download option, where at least I can get all the music. Of course, if a 3 CD set had been offered (or even 4 with the DVD), that’s the route I would have gone.

111. Neil says:

I just wonder how many people buying the box will have any use for the vinyl and will just be buying to get the 3rd disc of mixes and the DVD. Seems very unfair to have fork out for something that bumps the price up that might as well be a coaster to most people. If people want vinyl thats fair enough but it should be sold seperately instead of expecting people to pay over the odds for something they aren’t going to use.

• Andreas says:

And it’s a mighty bump up in price too! I might just buy the double CD & download the album off iTunes of the remixes. Even if I need to download the whole release it would be a lot cheaper than getting the super deluxe set.

112. Robert says:

I am wondering why they didn’t put in a 5.1 mix in this SDE of “Tango In The Night” instead of the vinyl record. Then this SDE would have been perfect.

113. Matthew Collier says:

No Hi-Res 5.1 mix, then no dice! :(

It’s sad because I love this album, but I do already have the original on CD, and the HDTracks 24/192 stereo version, so I don’t need that in 24/96 (from the DVD), which it looks like this comes with (and sadly, not even based on the new master, according to the text… :( )

I was expecting and looking forward to this in 5.1, and really did think that would come, when this appeared. Very disappointed to find it’s “missing”.

Won’t be buying, sadly!

114. alan hansen says:

i have little to no interest in 5.1 productions; but if there were one FM album worth fiddling with , this is it.

115. Dejan Dozic says:

So the 12″ mixes you only get if you buy the big package. So you are coerced in buying the big package with vinyl. Overpriced package may I add, that doesn’t really give you nothing more with any big expectation than having it on vinyl to. Which means that you will be stuck with vinyl, even you don’t want it. If you want the 12″ mixes.
    I am glad that I already have those mixes already remastered on CD. This I can really be without.

116. Andrew Edwards says:

Dejan

That is why they have a 3 disc digital version so you don’t have to get “stuck with the vinyl.”

117. don cooper says:

Can I give a hearty thumbs-up for the vinyl.
    Where else are you going to see LB in all his out-to-lunch LA finery?
    Not to mention SN’s tout ensemble.
    Shame remastering can’t extend to attire on occasion…

Music is superfine though.

118. Philip Cohen says:

The reason why the “Tusk” & “Mirage” boxes had 5.1 surround mixes is because they didn’t cost Warner Music anything. Those mixes had been created back in 2002-2003 and had been gathering dust on Warner’s shelves, since Warners abandoned the DVD-audio format.

Indeed, but it’s very cheap of them not to commission a 5.1 mix for Tango. If you can’t invest some decent cash on a reissue for a band like Fleetwood Mac, and for such a big selling album (especially in the UK) then what reissues are you going to spend money on?!

• Philip Cohen says:

But remember, this is the label that recently paid renowned surround remixer Steven Wilson to remix the 2nd “Chicago” album, only to let him remix it only in stereo!

119. Phil Fogel says:

It’s my favorite Mac album but at $122.00 Canadian it’s absolutely ridiculous, I own the original album and CD from 1987, I don’t need the new vinyl or the DVD which I’ll only watch a few times. I really want the remixes, why can’t they just do a 3 CD version like the Belinda Carlisle and Bananarama did, that only cost about $25, they had all the remixes, single versions and demos. I hate buying digital, not sure what I’ll do.

• Neil says:

That would be the sensible thing to do to release a 3 CD version but they won’t because they are trying to get more money out of people into buying things that are useless to most. I will buy the 2 disc edition and i will seek out the remixes elsewhere. No wonder there is so much illegal d/l going on and then they have a cheek to complain.

120. Simon says:

The Amazon UK Pre-Order price for this is higher then either the Tusk or Mirage SDE’s, they were more around £45 and by release date £50. Also they both had more discs on them, 8 and 6 respectively and the had a 5.1 mix as well. So unless the price drops further prior to the release date then we are being charged more for less. Also the Mirage SDE was only release in September 2016 and post the Brexit vote so I don’t feel that they can use that as an excuse for the higher price either.

121. Andy says:

Just pre ordered at Amazon UK £48.99. cheapest so far I think.

122. Paul McCartney says:

Seems to me that £50 for a 3CD, 1DVD and vinyl album is way too cheap – you should charge a whole lot more for that. And remove some of the physical music and make it a download card only. Sucker punters will lap that up
    All the best
    Paul

• Alan says:

Agreed Macca! That has to be worth at least £200. Better still, give ’em half the physical items and the rest as MP3 download. They’ll be queuing up!!

123. Neil says:

Why do they keep changing the release date for this it’s now the 31st March ? They did the exact same with Mirage.

124. df1chicago says:

if the warner brothers/rhino people read these boards, i have one request…

please do a deluxe edition of the green “greatest hits” cd and put all of the music videos the band had on a bonus dvd! some of us super fans were not happy that the “tusk” and “mirage” re-releases didn’t have their respective music videos on those sets’ dvd’s… yes, their music video output as a band wasn’t as large as, say, duran duran’s or even bruce springsteens’, but if you’re going thru all the trouble to dig up remixes and outtakes, would it have been so difficult to throw on the music videos???

just my two cents… (or two pence for the brits…)

• Larry Davis says:

I dunno about that green 1988 GH record anymore…it was basically replaced with the 2CD “Very Best Of” because the then-exclusive-new 2 songs “As Long As You Follow” and “No Questions Asked” were placed on the double…it does the trick as a sister piece to the 4CD “25 Years: The Chain” boxset…as for the DVD of complete vidclips, it is most welcome though…just ordered the “Tango” box from Amazon UK because with the conversion rate (and taking out the VAT) it was much cheaper ($20 or more) than all US sites, from Amazon US to BestBuy to FYE to Newbury Comics…with the shipping, it only cost me $57 US & change…great deal!!

125. Gregory Daniels says:

Has the release day been pushed back to the END of March?

126. Pingback:12-inch Dance: 80s Remix | superdeluxeedition

127. Steven J Morgan says:

Now showing on Amazon as :

Currently unavailable. We don’t know when or if this item will be back in stock.

128. Michel Banen says:

Why DVD instead of the ‘old’ blu-ray and not even a 5.1 mix ? Now I’ll pass on this. 5.1 blu ray pure audio should be taken advantage of.

129. kokachoo says:

is there a version without the vinyl? I would love to have CD3 and I do not own a vinyl player nor collect vinyls…

130. Pete {in Australia} says:

THANKS Paul, for the links. I had been watching on Amazon UK, had an email link, then last week it disappeared. Here in Australia the cheapest so far has been $140Aus + postage via Warner Music Australia, a couple of retailers have it for $160/$170Aus + postage. Amazon was the cheapest, even with postage. I have been search the web, and found one for around $90Aus all up. TODAY your link shows it back on Amazon UK, so without further pondering have grabbed it for $76Aus – postage included, which is a HUGE saving on the local Australian prices. Australian record companies, wonder why the local industry IS NOT SUPPORTED at times, well for me being a Carer, and limited funds, i could not justify paying almost double for a local one. This is the first Super Deluxes, of Fleetwood Mac, that has appealed to moi.

131. Larry Davis says:

Pete…what is it with Aussie prices?? Want the 2 Midnight Oil tankboxes but prices were ridiculous…landed up buying ONE of the sets (Full Tank) and this Mac Tango box much cheaper on Amazon UK…plus buying from the US, they take off the VAT, making it even less. I intend on coming down there next year to visit friends and family…wanna take advantage of the Aussie stores when I am there (prob cheaper to buy in stores rather than order from them I gather)…

• Pete {in Australia} says:

Hey Larry, agree with Paul Brown {below} our Country is beautiful, but the mainstream records stores, tend to be guided by The companies here, so even Indent titles get overpriced. Some independent stores look after folks better, but in terms of local product prices…….well. So good luck with your findings, and of course depends where you are visiting. Postage can be high too at times. We miss out on so many release here in Australia, due to the record companies here. I fully get not everything is worth releasing local, but when they try and stop folks buying from Overseas, saying that it hurts the local industry, goes tooooooo far. I had friends that use to Import records 25 + years ago and got sued by one company, as they said they had the rights to the record, but would NOT release locally. Best stop, hehehehe. :)

132. Larry Davis says:

Oh and I want all the other Fleetwood Mac Super Deluxe sets besides Tango…was torn about Mirage, and do want the Tusk & Rumours ones…I like my sets to be the same format…not a super deluxe of one set and just a regular of another…continuity I guess…I wonder if there will be others in the catalogue in the future?? Or is “Tango” the last one getting this type of treatment?? They never had such a big record afterwards ever again…the 1980 live album got overlooked…the 1970-1974 albums never had CD remasters/reissues…the 2 early 90s albums sorta tanked…how about remastered Lindsay solo albums like “Out Of The Cradle”?? Just curious what future plans are…

133. Paul Brown says:

Thanks for the links Paul. I had ordered this from Amazon.com for AUD$125 delivered as I couldn’t find it on Amazon.co.uk. Thanks to yor link I’ve cancelled the Amazon.com order and now have it coming to me for AUD$76 delivered. And yes to back up Pete {in Australia}I checked local vendor JB Hi FI and they have a pre order price of AUD$160. Such a huge difference in pricing between the 3 retailers. And apparently Aus retailers are not to bothered about the impeding arrival of Amazon Australia, methinks they should be.
    @ Larry Davis while undoubtedly Australia is a beautiful country I have found decent record stores hard to find and anything decent charges way to much, Tango in the Night being one such example. I was in NZ over Christmas and the range and choice was 100% better there even between retailers that share stores in both countries.

134. Wayne Klein says:

Why, why, why do I have to buy all this crap to get the CDs and DVD (what? No Blu-ray?) high rez.

I really, really wish that Rhino would rethink this crap. I don’t need to have everything in three formats. Two will do, thank you just as those who want vinyl probably don’t want the CDs.

I have the CDs on order and maybe some kind soul will not want the DVD.

135. Chris says:

Well at least this version has avoided my usual problem with the FM deluxe editions……

I have wanted both the 5.1 mix and the hi-res of ALL the tracks on the deluxe edition. For previous issues, the physical box has the hi-res of the main album only, but have the 5.1 on DVD, whereas the download sites (qobuz / HD tracks etc) have the whole lot in hi-res, but obviously no 5.1.

136. Julian Bashford says:

Just FYI – you probably hate streaming services here. iTunes has the audio components of the super deluxe version listed as the deluxe version on itunes store – all 3 CDs worth – but a cut down version of the deluxe with just 2 remixes and a few demos on Apple Music ‘streaming’, called the Deluxe version. Doesn’t match any CD listing – a streaming only selection.

However, up to last night, it was listing that all the tracks from the super deluxe would be available on streaming service – assuming it includes Spotify. Until this morning…. when it has yanked it all from the pre-add to your library.

Naughty – or just bad management of their files!

137. Chris Squires says:

Turned up this morning, lovely.

Can anybody give me guidance as to whether “Mirage” is worth an investment?

138. Brian Scott says:

Arrived this afternoon and just finished listening to the 24/96 remaster. All I can say is WOW. Probably my favourite FM album and the sound quality is superb. Can’t wait to hear the remaining discs.

139. Simon Baxendale says:

Been playing my copy of the super deluxe edition this weekend. Can’t fault the remastered audio, it’s brilliant. However, I think there’s a fault with the the music videos on the DVD – the sound is out of sync with the visuals – has anyone else experienced this issue? It’s disappointing but wondering if it’s one of these early pressing errors with the release?

140. elliott buckingham says:

dont rate the boxset at all in terms of content its great but the box is cheap looking and I hate having cds stuck into the vinyl sleeve. the vinyl should have been as normal with different places for the discs to be stored. the George Michael faith deluxe boxset is far better and cheaper than this release. also wish the everywhere 12″ mix would have been fixed the vinyl version I have is awful like the speed isn’t consistant the new remastered version is the same just awful

141. Carl says:

I absolutely love this reissue – the third disc of remixes, dubs and extended versions is fantastic!! My only complaint as was the case with Tusk and Mirage is that I wish I had the option to buy the Super Deluxe edition without the vinyl. Oh well, can’t have everything.

142. Pingback:Saturday Deluxe / 8 April 2017 | superdeluxeedition

143. Saar Freedman says:

FYI there’s finally a Buckingham/Nicks reissue ( Japan Only Release for now) with lots of bonuses. Official.
    Paul- this probably merits a blog entry by itself..

144. Jeff says:

I personally loved the other Fleetwood Mac DVD’s, Mirage and Tusk in 5.1 surround sounded superb.
    Tango In the Night could have been another 5.1 winner but instead we only get a Hi-Res 24/96 stereo version. What a shame! Won’t be buying this one.

145. Geoff says:

The super deluxe is currently £42:10 on Amazon UK, the lowest it’s been so far.

146. Rob says:

Yes, this has been going down over the weekend, now it’s £40.74.
    Not sure when to go for it!