Fleetwood Mac’s Mirage reissued and expanded for new deluxe packages

mirage_front_fm

Warners will reissue Fleetwood Mac‘s 1982 album Mirage in July in two-disc deluxe and five-disc super deluxe edition configurations…

Newly remastered, the deluxe adds a second disc with 19 tracks dedicated entirely to outtakes and rarities, including early versions of several album tracks; outtakes for songs that didn’t make it to the album; an unreleased cover of the Fats Domino classic Blue Monday and the rare, extended mix for second single Gypsy that was used in the music video.

The super deluxe edition (Warners are calling it a ‘deluxe’) adds a third CD of more than a dozen live performances recorded in Los Angeles during Fleetwood Mac’s 1982 U.S. tour, and most excitingly this comes with a DVD featuring a 5.1 Surround Mix (by Ken Caillat) and 24/96 Stereo Audio mixes of the original album. Like Rumours and Tusk before it, this box set version of Mirage includes a vinyl copy of the album, which is disc five.

Mirage will be reissued on 29 July 2016.

FLEETWOOD MAC

Mirage 5-disc Super Deluxe Edition

Shop Price GBP Stock
HMV uk 6LP coloured vinyl box 49.99

FLEETWOOD MAC

Mirage 2CD Deluxe Edition

Shop Price GBP Stock
HMV uk 6LP coloured vinyl box 12.99

track_listing

mirage_front_fm

5-disc super deluxe

Disc: 1 – CD of original album
1. Love In Store (2016 Remastered)
2. Can’t Go Back (2016 Remastered)
3. That’s Alright (2016 Remastered)
4. Book of Love (2016 Remastered)
5. Gypsy (2016 Remastered)
6. Only Over You (2016 Remastered)
7. Empire State (2016 Remastered)
8. Straight Back (2016 Remastered)
9. Hold Me (2016 Remastered)
10. Oh Diane (2016 Remastered)
11. Eyes of the World (2016 Remastered)
12. Wish You Were Here (2016 Remastered)

Disc  2 – CD with Early versions, alternates, outtakes
1. Love In Store (Early Version)
2. Suma’s Walk aka Can’t Go Back (Outtake)
3. That’s Alright (Alternate Take)
4. Book of Love (Early Version)
5. Gypsy (Early Version)
6. Only Over You (Alternate Version)
7. Empire State (Early Version)
8. If You Were My Love (Outtake)
9. Hold Me (Early Version)
10. Oh Diane (Early Version)
11. Smile At You (Outtake)
12. Goodbye Angel (Original Outtake)
13. Eyes of the World (Alternate Early Version)
14. Straight Back (Original Vinyl Version)
15. Wish You Were Here (Alternate Version)
16. Cool Water (2016 Remastered)
17. Gypsy (Video Version) [2016 Remastered]
18. Put a Candle In the Window (Run-Through)
19. Teen Beat (Outtake) [2016 Remastered]
20. Blue Monday (Jam)

Disc 3 Live CD
1. The Chain (Live at The Forum, Los Angeles, CA October 21-22, 1982)
2. Gypsy (Live at The Forum, Los Angeles, CA October 21-22, 1982)
3. Love In Store (Live at The Forum, Los Angeles, CA October 21-22, 1982
4. Not That Funny (Live at The Forum, Los Angeles, CA October 21-22, 1982)
5. You Make Loving Fun (Live at The Forum, Los Angeles, CA October 21-22, 1982)
6. I’m So Afraid (Live at The Forum, Los Angeles, CA October 21-22, 1982)
7. Blue Letter (Live at The Forum, Los Angeles, CA October 21-22, 1982)
8. Rhiannon (Live at The Forum, Los Angeles, CA October 21-22, 1982)
9. Tusk (Live at The Forum, Los Angeles, CA October 21-22, 1982)
10. Eyes of the World (Live at The Forum, Los Angeles, CA October 21-22, 1982)
11. Go Your Own Way (Live at The Forum, Los Angeles, CA October 21-22, 1982)
12. Sisters of the Moon (Live at The Forum, Los Angeles, CA October 21-22, 1982)
13. Songbird (Live at The Forum, Los Angeles, CA October 21-22, 1982)

Disc 4 – DVD with surround sound mix
1. Love In Store (2016 Remastered)
2. Can’t Go Back (2016 Remastered)
3. That’s Alright (2016 Remastered)
4. Book of Love (2016 Remastered)
5. Gypsy (2016 Remastered)
6. Only Over You (2016 Remastered)
7. Empire State (2016 Remastered)
8. Straight Back (2016 Remastered)
9. Hold Me (2016 Remastered)
10. Oh Diane (2016 Remastered)
11. Eyes of the World (2016 Remastered)
12. Wish You Were Here (2016 Remastered)
13. Love In Store (2016 Remastered)
14. Can’t Go Back (2016 Remastered)
15. That’s Alright (2016 Remastered)
16. Book of Love (2016 Remastered)
17. Gypsy (2016 Remastered)
18. Only Over You (2016 Remastered)
19. Empire State (2016 Remastered)
20. Straight Back (2016 Remastered)

Disc 5 – Vinyl LP
1. Love In Store (2016 Remastered)
2. Can’t Go Back (2016 Remastered)
3. That’s Alright (2016 Remastered)
4. Book of Love (2016 Remastered)
5. Gypsy (2016 Remastered)
6. Only Over You (2016 Remastered)

Disc: 6
1. Empire State (2016 Remastered)
2. Straight Back (2016 Remastered)
3. Hold Me (2016 Remastered)
4. Oh Diane (2016 Remastered)
5. Eyes of the World (2016 Remastered)
6. Wish You Were Here (2016 Remastered)

mirage_fm_2CD

2CD deluxe edition

Disc: 1
1. Love In Store (2016 Remastered)
2. Can’t Go Back (2016 Remastered)
3. That’s Alright (2016 Remastered)
4. Book of Love (2016 Remastered)
5. Gypsy (2016 Remastered)
6. Only Over You (2016 Remastered)
7. Empire State (2016 Remastered)
8. Straight Back (2016 Remastered)
9. Hold Me (2016 Remastered)
10. Oh Diane (2016 Remastered)
11. Eyes of the World (2016 Remastered)
12. Wish You Were Here (2016 Remastered)

Disc: 2
1. Love In Store (Early Version)
2. Suma’s Walk aka Can’t Go Back (Outtake)
3. That’s Alright (Alternate Take)
4. Book of Love (Early Version)
5. Gypsy (Early Version)
6. Only Over You (Alternate Version)
7. Empire State (Early Version)
8. If You Were My Love (Outtake)
9. Hold Me (Early Version)
10. Oh Diane (Early Version)
11. Smile At You (Outtake)
12. Goodbye Angel (Original Outtake)
13. Eyes of the World (Alternate Early Version)
14. Straight Back (Original Vinyl Version)
15. Wish You Were Here (Alternate Version)
16. Cool Water (2016 Remastered)
17. Gypsy (Video Version) [2016 Remastered]
18. Put a Candle In the Window (Run-Through)
19. Teen Beat (Outtake) [2016 Remastered]
20. Blue Monday (Jam)

94 responses to Fleetwood Mac’s Mirage reissued and expanded for new deluxe packages

1. Paul Nolan says:

Super Deluxe for me then :)

2. Andy Town says:

Great news. Does this mean Tango is next?

3. Kiefer2 says:

Pity they didn’t include the 7″ version of “Gypsy” which was only available on vinyl and can’t be edited down using the album version.

4. Joe says:

Great news , thanks Paul

5. fredpostman says:

‘Tango’ is the one i’m looking forward to;those excellent 12″ mixes…

6. Stefano says:

F-I-N-A-L-L-Y
    F-I-N-A-L-L-Y
    F-I-N-A-L-L-Y
    F-I-N-A-L-L-Y

We’ve been waiting so long for this remaster. This really makes my day. Thanks for the anouncement Paul. I reckon we will get a deluxe of Tango in the Night very soon too…

7. Mark says:

I hope it’s a warm up for the new album; can’t wait to hear the new stuff.

• Philip Cohen says:

Stevie Nicks has to date(for unknown reasons) refused to participate in any recording sessions with the reunited group. Who knows why? Her last solo album wasn’t exactly a mega-hit.

8. AlexKx says:

Only fourteen more studio l.p.s by them to have this done too! :)

9. dennis f. says:

again, another lost opportunity for those of us music video junkies…

i was really hoping that the dvd would come with the two music videos from this album… “gypsy” is significant because it was one of the first “world premier videos”. “hold me” is one of director’s, russell mulcahy’s, most visually stunning early music videos… i’ll pick up the 2-disc version, but as a fan for over 30 years, i’m disappointed.

10. Jake says:

I also recently bought Mirage from iTunes, but I’ve done the Super Deluxe pre-order. Don’t really care about the vinyl, but I recently got a 5.1 system and would imagine they’ll do a nice job on that version.

While I’m not a massive FM fan, I think they’ve done a great job with the reissues.

But can someone bring me up to speed on whether the first album with Buckingham and Nicks got a deluxe treatment the same way Rumours and a Tusk did? I would think they would have, but I haven’t run across it. I’ve seen reference to a 2004 edition that had a handful of bonus tracks, but nothing as large as the other two albums.

• Mark Hanson says:

No, as yet there has been nothing beyond the expanded “single disc” version of Fleetwood Mac. I would like for there to be a 2-CD deluxe edition as well.

11. Ben Williams says:

Excellent! I only bought this album about 2 months ago and loved it, so definitely worth getting the 2 disc version. Deluxe version not so much… Won’t be long until we get Tango deluxe – hopefully on the deluxe version of that we will get a remastered DVD of the tour film as well as all those great 12″ mixes and finally on CD, the B-sides!

12. bruce says:

Paul, can you please confirm that the track listing for the DVD is accurate? The original album is twelve tracks, so does this mean they are including surround versions of some of the alternate versions? If so, that would be a departure from the previous Fleetwood Mac super deluxe editions.

Not sure yet… the official press release didn’t have a track listing for the DVD so at the moment we’re going by what’s on Amazon. It could be a mistake and might well be just the album tracks. Will update as and when…

13. Inge Bratset says:

Wow, finally it’s here. Waited a long time for this. More of a favourite for me than Tusk and Tango.

14. elliott buckingham says:

and yet another year without tango in the night

15. Rick E says:

An earlier version of “Hold Me” is now available on iTunes. Not as polished as the final version, but it has a lot of Stevie, yay! I’m very happy Warner are finally moving beyond the umpteenth Rumours and Tusk editions. I have no doubt Tango will be released next year.

• Christian says:

Great example of why Lindsey Buckingham’s touch was so essential to the band – this early version clearly shows what he would do with such a simple, undistinguished & repetitive tune.

16. Dani77 says:

Finaly! Mirage Tour on DVD? (And last tour on DVD or Blu-Ray?)

• Philip Cohen says:

Unfortunately, still no official DVD release for “Mirage Tour”, though there are unofficial releases, presumably dubbed from VHS or Laserdisc releases. The group owns the program. And nobody seemed to notice that the program “Live Concert and Documentary” (the video program related to “Tusk”) wasn’t included in the “Tusk” box.

17. DaveM says:

Great news, can’t wait. But as usual for FM SDEs, mixing vinyl with CD means the 2 CD version for me.

18. Jyo says:

bruce: per the article, the DVD includes 5.1 and high-resolution stereo mixes, which I think means the DVD listing does not include alternate versions, but rather that some tracks have your choice of surround or high-res stereo.

I’m sure Paul can confirm later.

19. mike says:

Tango, tango, tango…..

20. dennis f. says:

wait… is the live cd the audio from the “mirage” concert video? the track listing is the same…

21. JasonC says:

This is good news. I haven’t bought the Tusk box because I had the 2004 reissue and a nice vinyl copy already. (Waiting for an SDE Deal Alert on it). Bought the Alternate Tusk vinyl on RSD, which is great. However my sole copy of Mirage is a CD from 1988, so I’m happy to see it getting the Deluxe treatment. It would be nice to have the videos and 1982 concert film on DVD, but it’ll do!

22. Darren says:

Any news on an lp reissue?

23. Eric M. says:

Yikes. I want to be excited for this, but while the absence of the 7″ of “Gypsy” (which differs from both the album version and extended mix) is harsh anr, frankly, unexpected since FM has always include the proper single mixes on their reissues. Can someone slip them a note about this? LOL

24. Eric M. says:

Apologies for nonsensical wording there. I don’t know where “while” came from, and there’s an obvious typo too. Well, hopefully the point got across!

25. Neil says:

I can’t see a deluxe of Tango In The Night ever being released to be honest and if i’m proved wrong i bet you all those 12 inch mixes won’t be included as there is too much nonsense going on about tracks that can’t be licensed to appear on compilations unless they are written by Christine McVie.

26. Neil says:

Oh and btw the super deluxe is on HMV to preorder for £49.99.

27. memoryboy says:

“Mirage” is my favorite Fleetwood Mac album, and I’ve been waiting for this reissue for so long, so excited and let’s hope “Tango In The Night” is next!

28. BobG says:

Good Lordy Loo…I can finally replace my cassette of this album (and yes, I’ve listened to it within the past year)…As you can tell, I’ve been waiting a while for this one!!!

29. Glenn Kennedy says:

I am so excited about this news. Everyone has their favorite Fleetwood Mac album but MIRAGE is one of mine. I loved ALL the songs by Stevie, Lindsey, and Christine. That’s very rare you like every single song on an album. I was hoping that they would release the super deluxe box set much like they did the two previous releases and I think it’s wonderful they are including the dvd with surround sound. I am also an avid vinyl collector so it’s great that they are still including vinyl even though some people don’t want it.

30. Robert says:

Track 14 on disc 2 shows Straight Back (Original Vinyl Version). Did the CD issue have a different mix/version? No one has posted a comment about this and I have never heard of this before.

• Mike the Fish says:

I was wondering about that too…

• bruce says:

The earliest vinyl pressings of the album had a mix of Straight Back that was quickly replaced by a different mix that has since been used on all other pressings and formats of the album. The deleted mix was more basic than the more common version, with fewer overdubs. Glad to see they are including it in this deluxe reissue!

31. eric slangen says:

Superdeluxe for me/ Their boxes are always very reasonable priced!!

32. william says:

I think everyone is waiting for a Deluxe/Super Deluxe Tango In The Night. As am I. What I’m really curious about it Behind The Mask. Time, they can skip. I am guessing that on The Dance, they will include all the concert tracks. Not sure about Say You Will. I think making it a Deluxe Edition will emphasize how bloated the album it is and how apparent that it is more of a Lindsey & Stevie solo album mashed together.

33. Jeff D says:

About time!!!

34. mikey roberts says:

Just noticed that the SDE of Rumours 35th Anniversary release (i.e. the Rhino 4cd + DVD + vinyl one) is £20.99 on Amazon UK at the moment. Seems like a good price, though I’ve not had my eye on it. Bought mine when it came out, since I’d honestly rather Fleetwood Mac than ‘jack’ any day of the week.

35. Kris. Perth Australia says:

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! At Last.

36. Mike the Fish says:

Pleased this is getting the deluxe and 5.1 treatment but I already have the vinyl and would rather pay £15-20 less for the set without another copy.

37. Foxee says:

This is great news – well overdue – and apart from the missing 7″ version of Gypsy, the bonus tracks look great.

However, for me the big drawback is the total absence of any video material. Surely, after all these years this was the opportunity to remaster the Mirage Tour concert and re-edit it so that all the cut tracks were reinserted??? And what about the promo videos for ‘Hold Me’ and ‘Gypsy’, let alone the plethora of contemporary TV appearances (‘Oh Diane’) and interviews? That is a MAJOR let down. It has to be said that Fleetwood Mac (Buckingham Nicks era) probably has the least amount of visual material available on the market for a group who are this enduring and successful. I just can’t figure that with a company like Warner Bros. behind them.

Finally, the live CD would appear to be the soundtrack of the Mirage Tour edited concert that was issued on VHS in the 80s. Whilst this contains the most stunning live version of ‘Sisters of the Moon’ ever recorded, there are only 3 Nicks selections here out of 13, and frankly if this is the same show the version of ‘Rhiannon’ is far from great.

All in all, great news on the one hand, but totally gutted on the other.

• dennis f says:

hi foxee,

i said the same thing about the lack of music videos! the “hold me” and “gypsy” videos were staples on mtv’s formative years… you’d think warner bros. would have included those videos here…

as for the concert cd in the package, i’m almost sure it is the soundtrack from the home video (i still have mine on betamax tape!)… if this is the case, i’d be happy with the concert audio in place of the actual concert video itself. after a few years of not watching it, i finally watched it again last year, and if it’s compared with “the dance” concert video, the “mirage” video is a big letdown… they were all so stoned at the time making them look terrible and sound kind of off on certain songs. (i always thought the songs “blue letter,” “you make loving fun,” and “not that funny” were just really awful!… lol)

38. Steven Campbell says:

Just wanted to thank Neil also for his find on the pre-order for this for 49.99 a good £20 saving over the amazon price! Good work fella as I have placed my order thru them! Many thanks!

39. Mike the Fish says:

What is different about the Gypsy 7″?

• Stefano says:

Was wondering that too. I always thought it was an edit of the album version, not containing different parts.

• Eric M. says:

There are a couple of vocal overdubs toward the end, around where Stevie sings, “I still see your bright eyes/I can’t find you”. It’s a small thing, but if you grew up with the song on 45, it’s noticeable. There may be other minor mix variations as well.

40. Dave says:

Just pre-ordered from Amazon UK. The price was listed at £49 At checkout the price was reduced to £35. Not sure why, but I’ll take it!

41. John Rock says:

Must have buy ….

42. Steve says:

Paul,
    Do we know yet if Warner Bros. Records will also offer a DVD of FM’s 1982 Concert film to be included in the box set that originally aired on HBO back then and was quite excellent ? Also, WB should also include any of the Mirage music videos that were released for the singles. Any way of getting word to them on this ? They really should do all of this for FM Fans everywhere. We pay enough for these “Deluxe Editions” !

43. Adam says:

Don’t understand why bands are still putting 5.1 and hi rez mixes out on DVD, shouldn’t they all be on Blu Ray by now, or does it not really make a difference to the sound quality?

44. John says:

£38.41 GBP/$55.49 USD for the Super Deluxe Edition from Amazon UK incl. shipping to the USA. Thanks, SuperDeluxeEdition!

45. William M says:

If leaving the EU means we will make such savings on our purchases then consider my vote a yes to leave!!! :)

46. Paul Nolan says:

The Amazon USA version seems to have 1 track missing only 19 tracks on 2nd disc
    14. Straight Back (Original Vinyl Version) is missing from US version…
    Although it does say 19 tracks in description and UK version has 20

Can you confirm Tracklist for Disc 2 alternate versions Paul

47. Ronnie says:

hmm I will probably buy this as Mirage is one of my favorite FM albums and it would sit nicely besides the Rumours and Tusk sets but to me this is just a 3disc set with 2 duplicates on other media types. Again I say: why?

48. Jorge says:

In my humble opinion, to name “Disc 6″ to the B side of Disc 5 is just not right. It’s not a “disc” on its own…

49. gwynogue says:

I have a DVD of the Mirage tour which I always thought was official, until I read the comments here. The sound quality is AWFUL (so awful, I took it back to the store for a replacement because I thought it was faulty!) but I bought it in a proper retailer so I still always thought it was genuine. I can’t see my version on Discogs, but all the other DVDs are unofficial so it’s a given that mine is too.

Therefore, I’d like to see an official release and just hope that there is A+ audio track available – as others have mentioned, the live CD looks like it’s taken from the concert so I’ll be interested to read the reviews of it when this set is released.

50. Pingback:Saturday Deluxe / 14 May 2016 | superdeluxeedition

51. colin says:

This ‘Mirage’ Deluxe really does look awesome. Next year is the 30th Anniversary of Tango in The Night. Ideal year for a Deluxe Release!

52. dennis f says:

someone mentioned that when warners does more remastering and putting out FM deluxe sets that they could skip “behind the mask”… when it comes the FM albums, “behind the mask” is really my personal #2 favourite of their albums, with “rumours” being my first favourite… i liked it because it showed more range of musical styles (there was more country/folk and blues on it thanks to billy burnett and rick vito’s contributions), there was more collective vocalizing, and it didn’t have all of lindsy buckingham’s artsy-craftsy audio noodlings… the album was a straightforward and sonically varied album that i like to this day. it would be interesting to see what they come up with for a box set for that album.

53. Ed says:

Pleased to see this coming out, but I wish there was a CD-only box-set. I’d like the live CD, but I don’t want the vinyl or DVD discs. I expect I’ll probably just get the 2CD version as a result.

54. Kevin Henry says:

My only gripe is why include vinyl in the set? This should be released separately for those that do not want a vinyl copy, so that those who do not want to buy the CD or to reduce the price of the box set to make it more affordable for those on a tight budget. Interesting that the deluxe contains a DVD and not blu ray. I suppose the reasoning behind this is that there are more DVD players out there and those like myself who have a blu ray player can play DVDs on it. Have ordered the five disc set.

• Neil says:

Yes it’s a pain that they are forcing vinyl on people buying these box sets and you are correct they should be released separately.

55. Ray judson says:

I just pre-ordered from Amazon UK…anyone know if the DVD that is included will play in the USA?

• Philip Cohen says:

I’ve bought the two previous boxes from Amazon.co.uk, and had no problem playing the DVD’s in the U.S.A.

56. William M says:

Anyone know why the release date has been amended by Amazon? , I just received an email telling me to now expect delivery between june 30th and July 3rd

57. James says:

Nice to see that Amazon Canada has dropped its price to one more in keeping with the rest of the world.

58. df1chicago says:

so this was pushed back for a september release… i’m wondering/hoping if warner bros. decided to put the “hold me” and “gypsy” music videos on the dvd and needed time to switch and manufacture the dvd’s… it’s a small thing, yes, but to us uber fans, we want that stuff!
    here’s hoping…

59. Philip Cohen says:

Predictably, Warner Music isn’t going to permit their UK affiliate to release the set two months before the North American affiliates. I got the news(by e-mail) from amazon.co.uk today. What a bummer. Well, on the positive side, Amazon companies don’t charge people for products until and unless they are despatched, so I’ll continue my preorder. I’ve got nothing to lose.

60. William says:

So annoyed this has been delayed and wondering why?, hopefully it is as above for some positive alterations but I can’t help be disappointed as I was so looking forward to getting my hands on it on Friday, ah well I will just have to be content with my simple minds new gold dream box set and be happy at spreading my outlay

61. AlexKx says:

Stevie hasn’t recorded any for the new Fleetwood Mac studio l.p.?! What in the hell?! Where is that information coming from?! That would be crazy! Isn’t next year their fiftieth anniversary?! I do know she is on a solo tour at this time, right?

62. AlexKx says:

Maybe they are planning or just working on songs she already recorded with them a few years ago. They said that they had tons of them…

63. Nick says:

For me, the 2-CD set will suffice, but very, very nicely! – as I am always interested in album demos, outtakes and alternates. Thank you, Paul!

64. Peter says:

Just advised from Anazon UK, order despatched today, looks like busy week-end with this and Mr Bowie WCIBN

65. William M says:

I wish the people who design super deluxe sets would do away with attaching the track list contents onto the back of a box via paper and gum to stick it on with, just print it directly onto the boxes artwork ffs!!!!