Garbage Version 2.0: double orange vinyl and other formats now available

Although I don’t think much of the expensive and gimmicky triple LP vinyl box set edition of the recently announced Garbage Version 2.0 reissue, the 2LP orange vinyl sounds rather nice and is probably my pick of the formats. That is now available to pre-order along with the other variants.

This album is extremely expensive to pick up on the used vinyl market, so a remastered double coloured 2LP edition is certainly very welcome and is now available to pre-order – as is the two-CD version. The latter has the B-sides, while the former is strictly album-only.

If you are interested in the box set then you’ll need to shop around at your local/favourite independent shops, since it’s an ‘indie-only’ release. Garbage haven’t listed it on their own store yet (cue eyeroll). Update: The 3LP box set is now available via JPC and Amazon in Germany (see below).

Version 2.0 will be reissued on 22 June 2018

Push It
The Trick Is to Keep Breathing
Dumb
Sleep Together
Wicked Ways
You Look So Fine

B-sides (2CD and 3LP box set only)

Can’t Seem To Make You Mine
13x Forever
Deadwood
Get Busy With The Fizzy
Soldier Through This
Thirteen
Lick The Pavement
Medication (Acoustic)
Tornado
Afterglow

32 responses to Garbage Version 2.0: double orange vinyl and other formats now available

1. Paul Wren says:

As Paul points out, the original extremely limited vinyl issue now retails for £130+ in mint condition, so the new 2xLP reissue in orange vinyl is an absolute bargain by comparison. Fill yer boots!

2. Mark G says:

I’m in for the Orange Vinyl, thanks for the heads up Paul. Pre-ordered from Amazon.

Now, let’s hope they don’t ship this one to me like my “Cars – Drive Reissue” LP that arrived today; with a shipping label stuck to the LP sleeve – no mailer, no box – just sent with a label stuck to the record :-( Needless t say it’s being replaced.

Anyway – don’t want to take this off topic…. looking forward to getting this one when it comes out. Love this album…

• Dan says:

This happened to me in December, and even the replacement came without the mailer box, I ended up contacting Amazon via phone and complaining about the Postage label covering up the hype sticker.

3. Allan says:

They should have called it Version 2.1 :-)

4. Kevin M says:

I’m surprised you haven’t mentioned the forthcoming Wire deluxe CD sets yet Paul, covering three hugely influential 1977-1979 albums. They look to be potentially terrific, and although I don’t like Blur, Radiohead etc, fans of those bands and more might be inteterested in the brilliance of early Wire which had a strong influence on them and many other famous names :)

• Kevin S says:

All three of the new 3 CD sets on amazon.uk for £23.70 each.
      Vinyl for each at £16.85.
      Cheapest I’ve seen so far.

5. Federico says:

I asked JPC.de if the double vinyl is really the coloured one , and (probably she was not really well informed) I was told that since there is not written that it is orange, it might be black. I suppose they are just not updated about the item colour :)

Hi Federico… I don’t think there is a 2LP black version, so any double vinyl will be the orange. P

6. eric Slangen says:

I’m in for the 3lp box.

7. Michael Fortin says:

This appears to be import only in the US and is being released a week later.

8. Neil says:

The original album on CD was very compressed and i dread to think what this new remaster will sound like if it’s anything like most of brickwalled crap they put out nowadays.

9. Ken Murphy says:

Any news on a digital Super Deluxe version like the first album with all the remixes?

10. Neil says:

Even though this a pointless reissue in terms of what you are getting who honestly is going to buy the single CD when the double is only 80 pence dearer ?

11. Dan says:

Just like the debut 20th Anniversary, The 2LP vinyl and 2CD will do just fine, if the collectors box set doesn’t do it for you, simply don’t buy it.

I’m not going to buy it… but I’m allowed to criticise it, since this website is about exactly that – the relative merits of reissues and box sets.

• Tim says:

So why then, when readers offer critiques do you ‘hold them for moderation’ in perpetuity?

I don’t do that. This comments section is moderated to ensure a high quality debate and no trolls get through. Virtually every comment is published, just not necessarily instantly. Occasionally, the odd comment gets forgotten or stuck in the system but the idea that I deliberately hold back reader ‘critiques’ is ridiculous, as I hope any regular SDE reader will testify.

• Paul Murphy says:

Well, I can testify that you did not publish my quite restrained reply to a particularly obnoxious barb to me from a certain RJS last year.

And I think I’ve just explained that the odd comment gets missed here and there, due to the sheer volume and the fact that there isn’t (right now) a team of moderators. Also, even though virtually every comment *does* get published, as editor of this website, I reserve the right to publish or not publish whatever I like. And I don’t have to justify it. I don’t remember the NME publishing every letter it received from readers. I am very, very FAIR… but take exception to people implying that I’m deliberately not publishing some ‘restrained’ comment – why would I do that? Let’s move on please.

• Dan says:

Oh I didn’t mean you’re not allowed to criticise, I’m just happy to get the studio b-sides all in one place, I’ve wanted this for this album since I discovered the band over a decade ago.
        I’m not interested in the box set at all, my main point was there’s enough in 2CD package to please me, and I’m glad to be able to buy the album on vinyl at last, as an original pressing goes for ridiculous prices as you’ve stated. I’ve read a lot of negative comments on this page about the box set, I was just making a point that there are cheaper options.

12. Mathew Lauren says:

No hires, discrete-surround mix. No vids with 2.0, 5.1 or ATMOS options. What a huge miss, here. Shame.

13. richard says:

Ordered the orange. Worth the 3 month wait.

14. Mike Williams says:

Any special packaging? I think that the original CD promos of the original release came in puffy orange packaging .

15. Jason Schafer says:

This is TOTALLY worth it and not gimmicky as they produced some very excellent B-sides in this era, some of near album quality. This price isn’t outlandish and it’s nice to see the indie stores get some love sometimes…it can’t ALL be an Amazon world simply about clicking a button and acquiring something…boring! Far too easy and the money is going straight into a corporate nightmare that’s closing down everything else. Thanks to Garbage for thinking this way…Now if they could only make the first album just a little more available and not purely a super limited RSD piece…

The argument is nothing to do with Amazon v independents. It’s to do with charging £50 premium over the 2CD deluxe and offering no extra audio or video, just stickers, condoms etc. Really?

16. Auntie Sabtina says:

No prophylactic with any of thse then..?