Gaz Coombes / World’s Strongest Man

Former Supergrass frontman Gaz Coombes will issue World’s Strongest Man, his third solo album in May.

The 11-track album includes Deep Pockets, which you can preview below.

World’s Strongest Man is the follow-up to Matador (2015) and there are some signed editions available from Coombes’ website. The SDE Shop has a limited supply of the ‘indie-only’ PINK vinyl edition, too (plus the CD and black vinyl).

World’s Strongest Man will be released on 4 May via Caroline International.

Order limited PINK vinyl via the SDE shop

Gaz Coombes

Worlds Strongest Man - CD

HMV uk 6LP coloured vinyl box 9.99

Gaz Coombes

Worlds Strongest Man - Black vinyl

1. World’s Strongest Man
2. Deep Pockets
3. Walk The Walk
4. Shit (I’ve Done It Again)
5. Slow Motion Life
6. Wounded Egos
7. Oxygen Mask
8. In Waves
9. The Oaks
10. Vanishing Act
11. Weird Dreams

10 responses to Gaz Coombes / World’s Strongest Man

1. Trash says:

Wouldn’t normally have paid this any attention – nothing against Gaz but I was never really in Supergrass. However glancing over the comments I noticed the mention of the intro sounding like Neu! so I thought I’d give the song a listen and have to confess to liking it a lot. May have to give the album a listen when it comes out…

2. Michael says:

Great news! Love Gaz Coombes – Matador was a brilliant album and Here Come the Bombs worth checking out too. New song sounds really good so looking forward to this very much

3. garax says:

Very much looking forwards to this – the last album was my album of that year – saw him live and up close and it was one of the best live performances I have ever seen – very talented guy.

4. chdx says:

I will buy this cd while keeping my fingers crossed for a deluxe edition of “in it for the money” (even if its anniversary went uncelebrated).

5. Tim-Meh says:

Did anyone catch the Sky Arts documentary on Hansa Studios. Gaz and Danny playing Lust for Life with Tony Sales was amongst the highlights. Two hours of brilliant viewing. Its on Sky Catch Up.

6. tom says:

Best new tune of 2018? I know it’s only day 11 but still….

7. Brian says:

That song has a real Neu! sound at the beginning.

8. Lemmin says:

Matador was brilliant as is everything this man has ever been part of, buying site unseen.

• John Murray says:

An unsung hero. Supergrass were superb both on record and live, and his solo work has been tremendous and worthy of a much wider audience. No interest in vinyl (of any colour) but the CD is already on order!

9. Matthew Langhorn says:

I heard the lead track from this the other morning on 6Music and it’s pretty good

Plus who doesn’t like pink vinyl! (cue hundreds of “me” comments)