Grace Jones / Nightclubbing reissue physical formats on show

grace_spread2

Grace Jones / Nightclubbing reissues (Click to enlarge)

Out tomorrow is Universal Music’s reissue of Grace Jones‘ 1981 album Nightclubbing.

As pictured, the four physical formats include single CD remaster, two-CD deluxe, a two-LP ‘Back To Black’ vinyl edition anda 22-track ‘Pure Audio’ hi-res blu-ray audio version. All audio is remastered from the original 1981 analogue masters.

F

2CD Deluxe

G
2LP Vinyl

GJ_BluRay

Pure Audio Blu-ray Audio

22 responses to Grace Jones / Nightclubbing reissue physical formats on show

1. Patrick says:

Does anyone know if this album will be available for download in lossless digital format?

2. Pingback:Out This Week / 28 April 2014 | superdeluxeedition

3. jamesgiraffe says:

I’m with you on this, Joe. Why don’t people who want it in a lossless format just buy the CD?

Agreed, but don’t forget the hi-res download (i.e. 24/96) is better-than-CD quality so more of a reason to go for that as a download (or buy the blu-ray).

• Joe says:

I honestly don’t hear any difference between 16/44 and 24/96 when I have compared the same album in both formats, (yes I do have a decent set-up!), so I have always been happy to buy the CD and copy it to my PC to get a lossless version I can move around easily.

I only tend to buy ‘high-res’ physical formats now if they contain a unique 5.1 mix and of course plenty do thanks to a certain S. Wilson.

4. leo says:

I bought the deluxe cd set from hmv instore which i don’t normally do but as it was only 12.99 rather than wait for amazon for a quid less i went with that. will check it out later.

5. Lee Anderson says:

I just presumed the Deluxe Edition was going to be a book format. Quite disappointed when it arrived. What’s with the very cheap looking ‘Deluxe Edition’ wraparound sticker??? When did they stop with the plastic slipcases? Content great – packaging weak. Should have bought the Blu Ray.

• trash says:

Unfortunately the wraparounds went some time ago… (at least a couple of years I believe).

I didn’t know this album before (although most of the tracks made it onto the Compass Point Sessions double CD compilation) but I have to say it is very good indeed. The bonus CD is also excellent.

I don’t mind the packaging too much (although I agree that a book would have been nicer) however what I do hate is the graphic design which has resulted in colour choices that make it difficult to read some of the text.
      I guess my ageing eyes don’t help much either… :-)

Interestingly Benny and Bjorn must love the wraparounds since ABBA deluxe editions still have them, including the recent Waterloo deluxe! I guess Universal are willing to pay the extra to keep them happy.

• Alfonso says:

Completely agree. Cheap “Deluxe” edition.

6. Don says:

Thank you, Benny and Bjorn, for keeping the plastic slipcase alive. The other DEs look so cheap without it.

7. Nimo says:

I have looked so much forward to this release.
    Bought it in the best possible sound edition “The Blu Ray Pure Audio”
    Which is great!
    But they then offer you to download it as well, which is a fantastic service
    until you realize that it is a 320 mp3 download.
    Why would i want it as a mp3 320 when i bought the blu ray pure audio to get the best possible sound 24 bit/96 kHz?
    The CD would be better to rip……
    That is just so frustrating!!!

8. omar says:

I’m here in The US. The release date is May 13th for the single disc. I guess the 2cd deluxe will only be available as an import. Bummer.

9. Wim says:

Love it, but a pitty there is no booklet with the vinyl [it looked that way on the picture] … was hoping on a lavish booklet like the Kate Bush vinyls have..,

10. Carl Edwards says:

I like this reissue – I do think though that they missed a trick by not including more grace pictures and also by a DVD including one man show, the videos to the singles and tv / live performances from the period. C

11. Paul Chapman says:

So the vinyl arrived today sadly it’s scratched.

As with the Frankie – Relax 12″ it’s factory damage as there’s a fair amount of “paper” dust in them.

So that’s going back

Has anyone used the download voucher? is it the vinyl version or is it the 2CD version?

12. Paul Chapman says:

thanks Paul

13. Pingback:Grace Jones’ Warm Leatherette gets hotter with extensive deluxe sets | superdeluxeedition