Steve Howe formed short-lived rock band GTR with guitarist Steve Hackett in 1985, after his departure from ASIA.
With vocalist Max Bacon, bassist Phil Spalding and drummer Jonathan Mover they recorded the self-titled, Geoff Downes produced album, which was issued in 1986. There was never a follow-up, but the band did tour and this newly remastered double-disc deluxe edition from Esoteric Recordings features 14 tracks performed live in Los Angeles in 1986 on the second CD.
Three bonus tracks append the 10-track album on disc one, all taken from promotional 12-inch singles of When the Heart Rules the Mind and The Hunter. Two of these are new to CD.
GTR is reissued on 28 August 2015.
- • UK Pre-order: GTR 2CD Deluxe
- • USA Pre-order: GTR 2CD Deluxe
- • CANADA Pre-order: GTR 2CD Deluxe
- • GERMANY Pre-order: GTR 2CD Deluxe
- • FRANCE Pre-order: GTR 2CD Deluxe
- • ITALY Pre-order: GTR 2CD Deluxe
1. When the Hurt Rules the Mind
2. The Hunter
3. Here I Wait
4. Sketches in the Sun
5. Jekyll and Hyde
6. You Can Still Get Through
7. Reach Out (Never Say No)
8. Toe the Line
9. Hackett to Bits
11. The Hunter (Special Gtr Mix)
12. When the Hurt Rules the Mind (Single Version)
13. The Hunter (Single Version)
Disc: 2: Live in Los Angeles in July 1986
1. Jekyll and Hyde
2. Here I Wait
5. Hackett to Bits
6. Spectral Mornings
7. I Know What I Like (in Your Wardrobe)
8. Sketches in the Sun
11. The Hunter
12. You Can Still Get Through
13. Reach Out (Never Say No)
14. When the Heart Rules the Mind