Cherry Red will issue a two-CD deluxe edition of Haircut One Hundred‘s 1984 album Paint and Paint, next month.
Nick Heyward had departed by this point to sign with Arista, leaving the band and the name ‘Haircut One Hundred’ with his old label. This deluxe edition summarises the hit-free years… and includes the original album along with various non-album tracks and alternate versions. Additionally nine ‘development mixes’ (from the band’s own archive) feature on the second disc along with four BBC session tracks from May 1984.
Paint and Paint deluxe edition is released on 19 May 2017.
1. Fish in a Bowl
3. So Tired
4. The Hidden Years
5. 40-40 Home
6. High Noon
7. Too Up Two Down
8. Benefit of the Doubt
9. Prime Time
10. Where Do You Run to Now?
12. Too Up Two Down (7″ Remix)
13. Evil Smokestacking Baby
14. After It’s All Been Said and Done
15. Prime Time (Late Night Shopping Version)
1. So Tired (Extended Version – Long Slumber)
2. Fish in a Bowl (Deeper Version)
3. Hidden Years Extra (Development Mix)
4. Fish in a Bowl (No Vocal-Developmentmix)
5. High Noon (No Vocal-Development Mix)
6. Infatuation (No Vocal-Development Mix)
7. One Word (Development Mix)
8. Prime Time (No Vocal-Development Mix)
9. Puppet Man (Development Mix)
10. Ted and Harry (Development Mix)
11. Too Up Two Down (Development Mix)
12. 40-40 Home
14. High Noon
15. The Hidden Years