Hank Marvin / signed copies of new LP

Guitar legend Hank Marvin releases a new album, Without A Word, in June and quick-off-the-mark fans can secure exclusive SIGNED editions, including this red vinyl pressing.

His 16th solo album contains 14 new recordings – mostly Hank’s interpretation of some of his all-time favourite tunes; a diverse selection, including the jazz standard Don’t Get Around Much Anymore, Moon RiverThe Fool On The Hill, the iconic Doctor Who Theme and the Louis Armstrong classic, What A Wonderful World. One new original composition, called Russian Doll (co-written and recorded with his son Ben), is also included (full track listing below).

Without A Word is available as a 180g red vinyl pressing and the first 500 copies pre-ordered come with a 10″ x 8″ print signed personally by Hank Marvin.

If vinyl isn’t your format of choice, then an exclusive CD edition with a signed postcard is also available (limited to 1000 units).

Without A Word will be released on 2 June 2017.

Update: Signed vinyl edition now sold out!

5014797896109

11. Cry Me A River
12. The Fool On The Hill
13. America
14. Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow

21 responses to Hank Marvin / signed copies of new LP

1. Willy says:

I love the packaging. I love Hank. I always wondered why the band who wrote some of the most truly brilliant instrumentals in all of creation stopped writing to record mainly covers.

• Stephen Corbett says:

Its a shame Hank isn’t given the blessings to release original material.Along with Bruce and various Shads members over the last 50 years they have written some amazing iinstrumentals.Im thinking Rockin With Curly Leads,the original compositions on Tasty and the fabulous Guardian Angel album.Not withstanding many many greats from the 60,s..Foot Tapper,FBI,Flingel Bunt to name just 3 hits.Many more on albums also.
      I guess it all comes down to sales figures.

2. Chris L says:

The cd link goes to ‘Amazon Exclusive Edition’ signed cd, but the vinyl link makes no mention of it being signed in the heading. It mentions it in the info section, but how do I actually know that I’ve ordered a signed edition?

That link is definitely correct. I’m sure they’ll pull/amend when the signed ones are gone.

• Michel Banen says:

I ordered a copy and will check if this is indeed the case (that they will update the order page once the first 500 are sold).

3. Howie says:

Well I’m really disappointed, no 2017 version of theme from the deer hunter.

4. DAVID BURROWS says:

Thanks Paul for posting this. I have pre-ordered the exclusive edition cd .. i wasn’t aware it was available for pre-order till I saw your posting .. ta

5. DAVID BURROWS says:

Just to advise the cd price on Amazon is now £12.03 .. and does anyone know which “America” is covered .. the S&G one or Rogers& Hammerstein??

6. Brian says:

Hank Marvin, he must be hungry.

7. David Rubin says:

A true guitar hero. A body of work that is so important to the history of not only music but the guitar as well.
    Thanks Paul for the heads up.

8. BritinDetroit says:

Ordered, in the hope that the Autograph is a little better than the Kevin/Dexys squiggle

9. Michael G says:

Ordered as above I hope the signature is decent.

10. daveid76 says:

Do we know if the vinyl copies advertised are still the signed ones?

11. Met Hank in 1988 in Perth and jammed with him. Beautiful man and a true gentleman.
    I greatly admire his work with the Shaddows, and his classic song Sacha.

Why Hank didn’t hook up with some other likewise musicians after his carrer in the Shadows and create some great original music?

His last 5-6 albums have been cover albums with at times very cheesy choices. Maybe he has all the money and accolades he needs and these new albums are simply produced for his own pleasure.

In saying this his cover of the James Bond theme on Hank Plays The Movies is stunning.

I’ll probably buy this album but……..imagine Hank Marvin was let loose on a Yes album or Genesis recording in the great experimental decade of the 1970s for example?

I could see him in a prog rock band or even playing country music.

12. James Coles says:

The obsession with cover versions is definitely the record company’s doing. They think Hank’s audience is too old to want experience something genuinely “new”. Who’s up for crowdfunding an album of Hank originals?!

13. David M says:

Wonder if the unsigned ones will be rarer ;)

14. DJ Craig ntrol says:

Thanks for the post SDE. I’ve been a Shadows/Hank fan since I was a kiddie. Will be great to own something with his scribble on it :)

15. Frank Williams says:

Hank has moved on and now plays gypsy jazz in the Django style. His playing is brilliant but not entirely my cup of tea.
    His rhythm guitarist playing the gypsy material is Gary Taylor the producer of the UB Hank backing tracks, ex Herd bass player.