Howard Jones’ new album Transform

Howard Jones‘ new album is called Transform and will be released in May. While we await full details, including formats, fans might be interested to know that the vinyl edition can be pre-ordered for a great price right now in the UK (update: back to normal price).

When I spoke to Howard last year about the Human’s Lib and Dream Into Action reissues, he told me that the process had ‘definitely’ impact his writing for Transform, so it will be very interesting to hear the new record, when it arrives.

Transform will be released on 10 May 2019.

Howard Jones

Transform [VINYL]

Howard Jones

Transform - CD edition

1 The One to Love You (feat. BT)
2 Take Us Higher
3 Beating Mr. Neg
4 Transform (feat. BT)
5 Hero in Your Eyes
6 Tin Man Song
7 At the Speed of Love (feat. BT)
8 Eagle Will Fly Again
9 Mother
10 Stay With Me

19 responses to Howard Jones’ new album Transform

1. Brett says:

Is the 2CD version only available signed from Howard’s website?

2. Gareth Pugh says:

The track ‘Beating Mr Neg’ is now on Spotify, Apple a music and as an instant grat download if you purchase from Howard’s MusicGlue store. I’m absolutely loving it, I’ve gotta say. Peak thumping electronica HoJo with a massive chorus. (It’s one of the 4 tracks he’s picked to do a 12” mix of for the bonus disc on the limited edition, although this is the album version you can hear for now). If the album is this good throughout his fans are in for something special.

3. John Archbell says:

I managed to bag a test pressing! There were only 18 available. Also went for the signed media 2 disc set and the signed vinyl.

I’m very very happy.

4. Gareth Pugh says:

Interesting that he’s using Music Glue as his D2C partner for this release. I did wonder given recent rumours whether he would give Pledge a swerve this time and it seems he has. Really looking forward to it, he mentioned how much he wanted to get back into making old school ‘extended mix’ 12” versions for some of the new album tracks (at the fan event for the recent Cherry Red box sets in November) and the bonus disc would suggest he’s gone for it.

5. Steve W says:

A few years ago (probably a lot) Howard produced a live album where he had an extra guitarist and a guy remixing him live. It was amazing but then he never followed that up. I would adore more material in that vein so will be listening with interest.

6. Ozzy says:

Paranoid album cover?

7. Neil says:

Single and a double CD available to buy on his website. The double costs nearly £13 more for 5 extra tracks he can keep it.

8. Larry Davis says:

He’s playing my town at the ParamountNY with Men Without Hats and All Hail The Silence, a new duo of BT and Christian Burns, formerly of UK boybandish trio BBMak…I’m going with my gift card!!!

9. Colin says:

Seeing Howard on the Tour for this album later this year. Supported by China Crisis. Should be a great gig!

10. John Archbell says:

Excellent!

I’ll have it in time to get it signed by Howard at Tbe London Palladium later in May! I couldn’t resist the meet and greet!

Tomorrow we find out what variety of coloured vinyl they will be! Lol

Thanks Paul.

11. Charlie D says:

Excited to hear the Howard and BT collaborations on this!

12. Eric says:

Ordered.
    Any chance you can reunite Yazoo?

I loved Yazoo.

• Mark says:

Are you for real?
      Howard wasn’t part of Yazoo ….. that was Vince Clarke,considering you loved them maybe you should learn who they are.

• Gary says:

I think Eric was suggesting that Paul may have some sway with eighties artists rather than Howard Jones being part of Yazoo. Mind you..in a nice dress, pair of heels….