Ian Dury / More boots, more panties!!!

In the unlikely event you want another copy of Ian Dury‘s New Boots and Panties!!!, Demon are issuing a further variation of the classic album, in the form of this 2LP green/orange spatter vinyl edition.

This issue pairs the standard album with the live audio which is on CD in the forthcoming box set – a full 1978 live performance from the Paris Theatre in London.

This 2LP coloured vinyl will be released on 27 October 2017, which is the same day that the box comes out. As a reminder, the box set features four CDs and a vinyl version of the album (clear vinyl for the Amazon UK exclusive edition – limited to 500).

US fans should note that this set is incredibly cheap in the USA right now!

5014797896420

Ian Dury

New Boots And Panties [VINYL]

Shop Price GBP Stock
HMV uk 6LP coloured vinyl box 27.99

New Boots and Panties!! - limited exclusive edition with clear vinyl (500-only)

Shop Price GBP Stock

6. What A Waste [Live]
7. Blockheads [Live]
8. If I Was With A Woman [Live]
9. Upminster Kid [Live]
10. Sweet Gene Vincent [Live]
11. Sex & Drugs & Rock & Roll (Reprise) [Live]

20 responses to Ian Dury / More boots, more panties!!!

1. Matthew Langhorn says:

You have to wonder if anybody is buying all the versions

2. Darren Briscoe says:

Cheers Paul! Ordered in California!

3. Steven Roberts says:

Desperate? Much?

4. Kevin Barrett says:

Yet another one, geez

5. Bleddyn Williams says:

Thank you Paul!

6. Brian says:

I wonder if it will come out advertised as ” now in classic black”

• Metal Mickey says:

@ Brian
      Actually, “Now in classic black” does sound like a Stiff slogan from back in the day, in the style of “Today’s sounds today”, and they weren’t averse to promo gimmicks either, so in way these re-releases are pretty much in keeping with the Stiff philosophy :-)

7. Seth Onetooth says:

no, the next one will be ‘pavement pizza’

8. Martin says:

Kerching as the cash tills start ringing ….. Hold is that a cash cow I see in the distance?

9. Piotr says:

We have a license to reissue a record and we are not afraid to use it!

10. gwynogue says:

Bloody hell! I wish record companies would put as much time and effort into sound/source quality and content as they do with format style. This constant releasing and re-releasing of the same thing over and over again in different colours/patterns/designs/etc. is a slap in the face to fans who want the support the band/artist they love.

It really gives me the shits…how’s THAT for a ‘splatter’ design! :D

11. Tony Orwell says:

it keeps the interest going in certain artists and it is a classic album, i think alarm bells would be ringing if it was expensive but its not, its cheap, its fun and we all have the right not to buy

12. Tony Orwell says:

oh and I dont say this enough, thanks Paul for all your work, dont know what I would do without this site

13. Paul Spurgeon says:

Thanks again Paul.

Deluxe 2lp for £17 delivered from USA is a no brainer.

14. Gareth says:

In the words of the great late Dury himself, what a waste!

15. Chris Squires says:

Although it is a well re-vamped album at least it has something of interest. The Live LP is a nice touch and as a few people mentioned on the “Alf” vinyl thread a few days ago that is what is needed if you are going to re-launch an “Oxfam special”.

So, it isn’t particularly expensive for a double LP, it has something new to Vinyl and it is an hmmm, interesting colour? It’s at least as valid as the recent Super Deluxe and more so than Sainsbury’s Orange.

16. PaulM says:

I own the Recordstore Day issue from a couple of years ago [ with the cool pop up sleeve], the original black vinyl, the gold vinyl, and several versions on CD, I have also ordered the Amazon box, I love this album, but I’m pantied out now [ oh I also have the first cd issue, signed by Ian].

17. ross says:

forget these & get the 100% analogue 180g speakers corner version

18. graham hill says:

you all have a choice, i can’t understand why lots of people moan when these different versions are issued. if you don’t want it don’t buy it. personally i have them all and this one looks cool. it will be in my collection alongside the others!