Iron Maiden / The Book Of Souls: The Live Chapter / deluxe 2CD and 3LP vinyl

Warner Music will issue Iron Maiden‘s The Book Of Souls: Live Chapter in November, a live album featuring 15 songs captured during The Book Of Souls World Tour which ran from 2016-207.

This release features six songs from 2015’s The Book Of Souls along with other classics and fan favourites. It is available on standard 2CD, two-CD deluxe ‘book’ edition and a 3LP vinyl version.

Maiden manager Rod Smallwood said “It was a very special tour in a great many ways so we felt we wanted to document it for both ourselves and for our fans. Steve [Harris] has done an incredible job putting together this set from cities around the world and we’ve made sure the deluxe CD will be available in a matching book format to ‘The Book of Souls’ release.”

A Maiden first will see a free live streaming premiere of the concert film. Details of this are promised on the Maiden website soon. After that, the band say that it will be available for purchase, but only digitally, it seems.

The Book Of Souls: Live Chapter is released on 17 November 2017. The 3LP vinyl edition seems great value at under £30!

Iron Maiden

The Book Of Souls: Live Chapter - 3LP vinyl

FNAC fr 6LP coloured vinyl box 29.99

Iron Maiden

The Book Of Souls: Live Chapter - 2CD deluxe

FNAC fr 6LP coloured vinyl box 21.00

Iron Maiden

The Book Of Souls: Live Chapter - 2CD standard edition

FNAC fr 6LP coloured vinyl box 17.99

CD: 1
1. If Eternity Should Fail (Live at Qudos Bank Arena, Sydney, Australia – Friday 6th May 2016)
2. Speed of Light (Live at Grandwest Arena, Cape Town, South Africa – Wednesday 18th May 2016)
3. Wrathchild (Live at 3 Arena, Dublin, Ireland – Saturday 6th May 2017)
4. Children of the Damned (Live at Bell Center, Montreal, Canada – Friday 1st April 2016)
5. Death or Glory (Live at Wroclaw Stadium, Wroclaw, Poland – Sunday 3rd July 2016)
6. The Red and the Black (Live at Ryogoku Kokugikan, Tokyo, Japan – Thursday 21st April 2016)
7. The Trooper (Live at Estadio Jorge Magico Gonzalez, San Salvador, El Salvador – Sunday 6th March 2016)
8. Powerslave (Live at Plaza Dell’Unita D’Italia, Trieste, Italy – Tuesday 26th July 2016)

CD 2
1. The Great Unknown (Live at MRA Arena, Newcastle, England – Sunday 14th May 2017)
2. The Book of Souls (Live at Download Festival, Donington, England – Sunday 12th June 2016)
3. Fear of the Dark (Live at Arena Castelao, Fortaleza, Brazil – Thursday 24th March 2016)
4. Iron Maiden (Live at Estadio Velez Sarsfield, Buenos Aires, Argentina – Tuesday 15th March 2016)
5. The Number of the Beast (Live at Open Air Festival, Wacken, Germany – Thursday 4th August 2016)
6. Blood Brothers (Live at Download Festival, Donington, England – Sunday 12th June 2016)
7. Wasted Years (Live at HSBC Arena, Rio De Janeiro, Brazil – Thursday 17th March 2016)

The Book of Souls: The Live Chapter 3LP vinyl

Side 1
3. Wrathchild (Live at 3 Arena, Dublin, Ireland – Saturday 6th May 2017)

Side 2
1. Death or Glory (Live at Wroclaw Stadium, Wroclaw, Poland – Sunday 3rd July 2016)
2. The Red and the Black (Live at Ryogoku Kokugikan, Tokyo, Japan – Thursday 21st April 2016)

Side 3
1. The Trooper (Live at Estadio Jorge Magico Gonzalez, San Salvador, El Salvador – Sunday 6th March 2016)
2. Powerslave (Live at Plaza Dell’Unita D’Italia, Trieste, Italy – Tuesday 26th July 2016)

Side 4

Side 5
1. Fear of the Dark (Live at Arena Castelao, Fortaleza, Brazil – Thursday 24th March 2016)
2. Iron Maiden (Live at Estadio Velez Sarsfield, Buenos Aires, Argentina – Tuesday 15th March 2016)

Side 6
1. The Number of the Beast (Live at Open Air Festival, Wacken, Germany – Thursday 4th August 2016)
2. Blood Brothers (Live at Download Festival, Donington, England – Sunday 12th June 2016)
3. Wasted Years (Live at HSBC Arena, Rio De Janeiro, Brazil – Thursday 17th March 2016)

22 responses to Iron Maiden / The Book Of Souls: The Live Chapter / deluxe 2CD and 3LP vinyl

1. Steven says:

Am disappointed…..surely there has to DVD/BR release of this…..people like physical product

2. Mark Lavallee says:

I can see why Hallowed Be Thy Name isn’t included but surely they could have added Tears Of A Clown from the first leg of the tour. Certainly would be more welcome than yet another live version of Number Of The Beast, The Trooper, Fear Of The Dark or Iron Maiden.

I’m sure a DVD/Blu edition will be forthcoming, Maiden love releasing product for fans to scarf up. I know I’d be first in line for the Blu!

3. Tony Orwell says:

what a shame they could not have made the last box set a little bit bigger to house this along side the book of souls first album, surely they would have known this was in the pipeline

4. Lemmin says:

I like the song selection. Definitely some ‘crutch’ songs that always appear but there seems to a healthy amount of recent tunes. If they didn’t include a few repeated standards the hordes would complain to no end so their inclusion was probably seen as necessary. I have very rarely been disappointed by their live releases so I’m fully on board with this one.

5. Dan T. says:

Question: How many versions of “Number of the Beast” does it take to screw in a light bulb???

Maiden got me through the 80s, and I thank them for that, and occasionally check in on them, but it’s been a lot of E-C-D chords and repeating chorus lines over and over since then. Not sure what Janick is all about – he tremolo picks virtually every solo he’s ever done, and on stage he comes across acting like a cheesy Ritchie Blackmore imitator, BUT one cannot understate Maiden’s importance to the genre. I still love their classic stuff, and yes, I’ll probably buy this out of gratitude for what they gave me, but honestly, probably spin it only once or twice. RIP Iron Maiden 1980 – 1989

6. Gareth says:

I have a constant fear of fear of the dark.

7. Paul Wren says:

Good price for the vinyl edition, ie no rip-off operation here.

8. Drawde says:

I’ve been a Maiden fan since 1986, seen ever tour since 1988, bought every album at least 3 times. I saw this tour twice (Chicago and Tinley Park). My complaint with every tour by them since 2000, with the exception of 2006 is the length, their sets usually are 16 songs.

I went into the show knowing the set and while it was short (15 songs) I really couldn’t complain due to the wealth of new material, 7 news songs across the two years. Do I really need another version of FOTD, TNOTB, Trooper? Not really but hey you take the good with the bad.

I pre-ordered the Hardbook and regular CD versions as well as the digital download of the video. Even if there is an eventual physical release I will buy that as well.

9. eric says:

The absence of The Wicker Man is bothersome!

10. tom m hans says:

I am sorry – I was bored out of my mind by “Book Of Souls” – the last album to capture my interest was “Brave New World” – saw my first Maiden Show in 1983 “Piece of Mind” and I appreciate all that they did but the current scheme of endless songs with endless same old same old choruses is less than perfect. But hey – it’s great to see NEW music rather than obituaries – we had way too many of those in the past 24 months – and what is Bruce D drinking – he looks so fit and young… up the irons. peace.

• Stan Butler says:

I’d guess Bruce is drinking Trooper beer, the elixir of life.
      Unfortunately I don’t look too youthful after a few bottles.

11. karl probst says:

Waiting for the bluray…I noticed no US dates on any recordings??

12. eMSig says:

I guess Iron Maiden can’t make it right for every fan, so I won’t complain about the setlist. What bothers me more is Bruce Dickinson’s voice. He clearly has problems hitting the high notes properly.

13. Martin says:

Recently picked up En Vivo, Live after death, and Rio live sets – But not for me this time. Have always had a sneaky love for Maiden but they are in danger of over milking their live releases. Possibly pick up if it drops as a deal alert on vinyl

14. LMTR14 says:

pure studio band, completely useless live since they play the same fucking set night after night 200 gigs in a row (just like AC/DC). many of their best songs like e.g. alexander the great have never been played live once. this one doesn’t have so many tiresome overplayed songs in it but still… I got the studio album (cd AND vinyl)… what in the hell would I need this for?!

I would have gotten it though if it was the full album played live (just like the title says…)

15. LMTR14 says:

oh and btw, I HATE compilation live records. either release one full night or don’t bother at all!

16. Justin Isbell says:

2016 to 207? Wow they went back in time… AD or BC I wonder :-)

17. Matt Day says:

I saw the Book Of Souls tour at the O2 after not catching Maiden since Fear of the Dark. Brilliant gig and I assumed there would be a live package INCLUDING a blu-ray. Please tell me I won’t have to make do with one of the many bootlegs out there. I can’t stand these digital only releases – it’s bad enough that some music tracks are boring little files and sometimes then only on iTunes. I hope a proper blu-ray release is forthcoming – it’s good enough for Gilmour and Sabbath so Maiden should be doing it too. Rant over.

18. paul griffiths says:

probably gonna wait for the dvd/b.r.