Jethro Tull / Thick As A Brick 5.1 glitches: replacement DVDs offered

Jethro Tull / Thick As A Brick 40th Anniversary reissueEMI, Ian Anderson, and Steve Wilson have acknowledged that there are three glitches on the 5.1 surround sound DVD that comes as part of the Jethro Tull’s Thick As A Brick 40th Anniversary Deluxe Reissue. This message was recently left on the Jethro Tull Facebook page:

STOP PRESS: AUDIO GLITICHES ON TAAB 40th Special Edition DVD

We have been alerted to the fact that there are three small audio glitches on the 5.1 streams on the DVD part of the Thick As A Brick Special Edition CD/DVD set. We are working to resolve this issue as quickly as possible. Any new stock going into stores will be amended & for fans who’ve already purchased the set we will be making available a replacement DVD disc for you. More information to follow shortly. This occurred in the very final stage of mastering prior to manufacture of the commercial run of product and was not noticed until attentive early purchasers spotted the digital errors. With our apologies.

EMI Music, Ian Anderson and Steven Wilson.

More on this when we have it.

8 responses to Jethro Tull / Thick As A Brick 5.1 glitches: replacement DVDs offered

1. peter chrisp says:

What can we do, i generally buy my new releases from Amazon UK, and begun reading the reviews online then my copy arrived, and one of the first things that went through my mind oh well there is not much we can do but to wait, but at least Ian Anderson & Co have suggested a replacement will be on the way once the problems have been rectified.
    But to my surprise my T.A.A.B is perfect, no glitches what so ever a strange affair.

2. Ruben says:

Is there a way to identify the corrected disc?

3. PeterF says:

Is there any truth to the rumour that a new 2CD/2DVD set for TAAB will be issued in the near future?

4. Wayne Klein says:

Has anyone had any success getting replacements later as of 2017 for example?

5. Dave G says:

Wayne. I never heard about this problem until recently and I have had no luck getting a replacement disk. The link to the replacement website no longer works. Finding a used copy with the correct disc is rare and very expensive. I wish replacements were still available or the product re-released.

• kuba says:

I have exactly the same problem. I was sold copy without the line (so i guess it must have been the faulty one – I dont have 5.1 setup currently so i cant check it) last year – 4 years after the replacements took place! It is really outregous think if they were still selling bad ones such time after it took place! I am currently trying to contact anyone i can and get some data on this. If any one is trying to You can contact me on ancanar@o2.pl