Johnny Cash / American Recordings

americanrecordings

Above is a newly released image of the forthcoming Johnny Cash American Recordings 7LP vinyl box set.

The box is actually called American Recordings I-VI and as detailed here, contains the six albums that were a result of a decade-long collaboration with producer Rick Rubin.

This American Recordings box set will be released on 4 May 2015.

americanrecordings2

Albums in the box

• American Recordings (1994)
  • American Recordings II: Unchained (1996)
  • American Recordings III: Solitary Man (2000)
  • American IV: The Man Comes Around (2002) 2LP
  • American V: A Hundred Highways (2006) – Posthumous release
  • American VI: Ain’t No Grave (2010) – Posthumous release

8 responses to Johnny Cash / American Recordings

1. raffaele says:

Any chance for American Recordings Box Set on CD?

• Echo says:

A very good remark. It’s strange the outtakes (however, same high quality songs!) are to get in ‘Unearthed’, a very fine box set with a beautiful hardback book, all housed in a cloth covered slipcase. The six great American Recordings albums of Johnny Cash are however only to find in regular jewel cases…. Mister Rick Rubin, please, take notice!

2. auteur55 says:

Really wish they would do a CD version of this which I would be very interested in. I’m not a vinyl head and am still waiting for the Blondie and Jam one’s they did on vinyl recently to put in a cd box.

3. Owen says:

Nice, but hopefully Cash’s American Recordings era will be documented in its entirety in one box one day soon – the four discs of exclusive material from Unearthed deserve their place alongside these albums in my opinion http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unearthed_(Johnny_Cash_album) and hopefully there are other unheard treasures in the vaults too. Wake me up when that happens. :D

4. Joachim says:

At least Solitary Man was released with a wonderful interview disc, in my memory it was the standard version in Germany. Here it seems to be omitted. My shelf is full with all american recordings and the (indeed wunderful) unearthed box. So there are not many reason to buy the stuff again.

5. Kaj says:

I agree with the comments here. I am not interested in a vinyl box.
    I would be interested in a cd box, but only if there is some guarantee that the sound quality has been improved. The sound is horribly compressed on these recordings. I even bought one on vinyl, just in case it would not be as badly compressed as the cd:s are. But guess what? The vinyl is made of the same compressed master tape as the cd. So what I am saying is that I am not falling for this again. The best would be, a non compressed version, on blu-ray audio.

6. Simon says: