k.d. lang / Ingénue 25th anniversary

US label Nonesuch will reissue a two-CD 25th anniversary edition of k.d. lang‘s second album Ingénue.

This new two-disc set includes a newly remastered version of the 1992 album (which features lang’s biggest hit Constant Craving), but fans hoping for edits, rare live tracks, B-sides or remixes might be disappointed as Nonesuch keep it simple by adding just eight previously unreleased performances from lang’s 1993 MTV Unplugged on the bonus CD. The method in this madness probably hinges on keeping this two-CD edition consistent with the new 2LP vinyl edition, which mirrors the bonus track selections.

Lang will support the reissue from July to September with the Ingénue Redux Tour, which sees her play seven dates in July in Australia, before heading home to Canada for a series of 23 concerts in August and September.

The 25th anniversary edition of Ingénue will be released on 7 July 2017.

0075597938517

6 Still Thrives This Love
7 Season of Hollow Soul
8 Outside Myself
9 Tears of Love’s Recall
10 Constant Craving

Disc 2
1 Save Me (MTV Unplugged)
2 The Mind of Love (MTV Unplugged)
3 So It Shall Be (MTV Unplugged)
4 Miss Chatelaine (MTV Unplugged)
5 Season of Hollow Soul (MTV Unplugged)
6 Wash Me Clean (MTV Unplugged)
7 Constant Craving (MTV Unplugged)
8 Still Thrives This Love (MTV Unplugged)

16 responses to k.d. lang / Ingénue 25th anniversary

1. Auntie Sabrina says:

A great album, but I think I’ll wait for the 30th anniversary in the hope of a better bonus selection.

2. Neal says:

I don’t think there were any b-sides, I bought most of the CDs singles and I recall there were live tracks and some dubious remixes of Miss Chatelaine for that single…I may be wrong – it was so long ago and I have no idea where those singles are, though I should have them still somewhere…I’m just pleased to hear it remastered.

• Michael says:

There was at least one remix for Miss Chatelaine. It was called the St. Tropez Mix and it featured on the Lifted By Love EP and there was an EP of Constant Craving with an edit of it and a b-side called Barefoot (Rhythmic Version) and The Mind Of Love EP had an extra track called Three Cigarettes In An Ashtray. Have to wait for the experts to show up to expand further…

Pretty brief Anniversary Edition for a landmark album such as this one. I did read it’ll have special packaging. Clamshell-like box I think.

• Danadotcom says:

“Miss Chatelaine” was was released as a CD single way before “Lifted By Love” that included mixes that were pretty indistinguishable from each other, the St. Tropez Mix included.

3. Mark McCrite says:

If only they had included a Blu-Ray or DVD of the complete MTV Unplugged concert – it’s such a great show! It’s particularly heartbreaking that “Barefoot” isn’t part of this collection – although it’s not on Ingenue, it’s contemporary with it and I’ve always seen it as a kindred spirit to the album. It was performed on MTV Unplugged, released as a B-side, and there’s a particularly cool acoustic version on her “Harvest of Seven Years” video… The least they could have done was include that as one of the “MTV Unplugged” bonus tracks…

4. Steven says:

Wow. That is one *seriously* under spec’ed anniversary edition….

5. Charles K. says:

I would gladly buy a remastered version on disc for a normal price but not double for a few live tracks tacked on.

6. william mckinley says:

I wonder if the asian release will have a tour edition with this?

7. Tony says:

Not to nitpick, but, why oh why was it necessary to change the album artwork? I loved the cover as it was. They made a similar mess of Cyndi Lauper’s “She’s So Unusual” reissue (not to mention the actual tracklisting). Having said that, I look forward to hearing the remaster on this. I love this album.

8. James D says:

With the original album length just over 40 minutes, I would have added:
    Barefoot (Rhythmic Version) (Salmonberries Movie)
    Calling All Angels w/ Jane Siberry (Until The End Of The World OST)
    So In Love (Red Hot + Blue)
    Damned Old Dog (Tame Yourself Comp)
    Constant Craving (Edit)
    Miss Chatelaine (Single Version)
    Many are on the deluxe Recollection Box, but fit the mood and are from the same time period. As much as I love remixes, they don’t fit well here. I can see why they left them off.

9. SimonH says:

The original cd sounds great, so not sure whether it needs remastering,…

• Wax Monster X says:

Agreed! There is one CD that don’t need no fiddlin’ with. Lack of B-sides, etc makes this an easy no purchase. Too bad. One of my favorite albums from one of my favorite modern female vocalists.

10. Paul English says:

The edit of Constant Craving is on Now 24 or the Now 10th Anniversary series 1993 edition.

11. cdaraghy says:

My favorite version of “Barefoot” is the one that is on the Bob Telson CD
    but that a capella version in the movie, bliss!
    Was hoping for more unusual songs on the bonus disc too, but, hey I’m just glad kd is being given the SDE!