English post-punk band Killing Joke will release a greatest hits set on 15 April 2013 which will be available in three formats. The Singles Collection 1979 – 2012 will be offered as a download, a 3CD set and an exclusive (and expensive) Super Deluxe Edition.
The 3CD set will be a digipack with 33 singles over 2CDs and a bonus disc of unreleased studio recordings on the third disc. This will be a limited release that will revert to a standard 2CD retrospective once the initial 3CD run is sold out.
The Super Deluxe Edition offers the singles as individual CDs with some B-sides in addition to the bonus CD with unreleased studio tracks plus a host various other items.
The super-deluxe limited edition package includes:
- • a hand-numbered hinge lid ‘cigar box’ made from black lined rigid board finished with matt print retrospective artwork;
- • 33 career spanning CD singles plus select B-Sides in full colour card wallets featuring original artwork;
- • a rarities disc including previously unreleased studio tracks;
- • a 32 page perfect bound book including rare photos, archive notes, band commentary;
- • a poster designed and hand signed by long time Killing Joke artist, Mike Coles, printed on 250gsm silk art;
- • an aluminium screw top branded cigar tube containing original wrappers of cigars smoked by Jaz Coleman and Paul Raven during the recording of Hosannas From The Basements Of Hell.
Track listings have not been issued as yet, but this super deluxe box set is only available to pre-order via direct-to-consumer specialist PledgeMusic – the closing date for orders is Monday 4 February 2013 (which allows for production of the box set, with delivery in April).