Led Zeppelin / Celebration Day: Blu-ray audio and Deluxe Editions

Led Zeppelin / Celebration Day / Blu-ray audio and deluxe editions

Celebration Day: A massive amount of purchasing options

Led Zeppelin‘s December 2007 tribute concert to Atlantic Records founder Ahmet Ertegun – now known as Celebration Day – will be released on 19 November 2012 across a large number of formats including an AUDIO ONLY Blu-ray version featuring high-resolution 48Khz/ 24 bit PCM stereo and DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 surround sound.

In addition there will be two deluxe editions, a 2CD+DVD set and a 2CD+Blu-ray+DVD package. Both will feature audio and video of the concert, plus bonus material, including footage of the full dress rehearsal at Shepperton Studios.

There will also be a standard 2CD+DVD and a 2CD+Blu-ray release which omit the video bonus material on the deluxe editions, as well as a music-only 2CD edition.

On December 10th will come a 3LP release on 180g heavyweight vinyl.

Full format details and PRE-ORDER links

Track listing

• 11. Stairway To Heaven
  • 12. The Song Remains The Same
  • 13. Misty Mountain Hop
  • 14. Kashmir
  • 15. Whole Lotta Love
  • 16. Rock And Roll

26 responses to Led Zeppelin / Celebration Day: Blu-ray audio and Deluxe Editions

1. Ur Anus says:

Euh… does this mean the (video) Blu-Ray will have ‘crap’ audio ??

•Blu-Ray Audio release featuring high-resolution 48K 24 bit PCM stereo and DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 surround sound audio only (no video content)
    • 2CD + 1 Blu-Ray (two versions: CD size digipak or Blu-ray size digipak)

????

I don’t think so. “Audio-only” is probably for audiophiles that have Blu-ray capability possibly not connected to TV. I think.

• Ur Anus says:

I do that..

But if your disc is ‘mastered’ properly you don’t need TV.. (to play a Blu-Ray videodisc)

I hear you.

I suppose logically, they are offering a ‘red book’ CD audio-only version and felt they should also offer a hi-res audio-only. Blu-ray is clearly the way to go. We often criticise labels for ignoring hi-res audio, so in some ways it’s to be applauded.

I agree that it is a tad confusing. Hopefully some more details might emerge soon.

2. Les says:

I’m buying one of everything, and I’ll work how to play what when I get them home.

3. Jippy says:

…so no matter which deluxe version you get, the dress rehearsal footage will only be available on DVD as opposed to Blu-Ray? Not sure how to take that. Does it mean the footage was shot in standard def? Personally, I would have loved to see the blu-ray format used if only to hear the audio in a non-compressed format. Decisions, decisions…

Your probably right about the footage. The 2CD+Blu-ray+DVD is the one to go for, for me, although it depends on what the premium is over the 2CD+Blu-ray.

4. Pingback:LED ZEPPELIN “Celebration Day”: press conference « timtirelli

5. Edd says:

Thanks for taking the time to make a convenient and easy to understand pre-order links for all formats, much appreciated

6. Duncan says:

Does anyone know if the Blu-ray (and DVD) is Region-coded? It’s about $15 cheaper to order the Deluxe Edition from Amazon Germany (shipped to the USA).

7. Sam says:

Looks like the LP will be released on 5 February 2013 in the US. Strange…

8. Paul Kent says:

Thanks for the info, Paul. Now I’ll have to wait patiently until December 25th, as my wife’s put it at the top of my Christmas list. 2CD/blu ray/DVD for me!

9. Hedley says:

So there are eight formats, was the show so great that its worth the effort ?

Nine formats in actual fact! I haven’t seen the show but I guess we can’t complain about lack of purchasing ‘options’ !

10. Ryan says:

Looks like the Amazon US links don’t work anymore except for the CD and LP versions. I couldn’t dig up the Blu-Ray sets with a search.

Thanks for the info. Amazon appear to have actually taken down all listings except 2CD, Deluxe 2CD+2DVD, and vinyl. No Blu-ray available at all in US amazon!?

11. mike says:

must admit – why so many versions? bit daft to me!

12. James says:

I will assume the audio encoding on the Audio Only Blu-ray is the same as on the video Blu-ray. In that case, it’s the 2CD+Blu-ray+DVD for me. That gets me everything I want: regular concert audio, high res concert audio, high res concert video, plus the bonus stuff. I really appreciate the fact that they have included so many options, and looking at the prices listed by Amazon Canada, the incredmental increases in price as you move “up the ladder” make sense and are not drastic. I appreciate that as well. $17.30 to $23.55/$26.61 to $32.90/$40.12

13. gianluca morelli says:

does the 2cd+blu-ray format also feature the video of the concert? or is it only audio ?

No it features the video. the only format NOT to have the video of the concert is the 2CD version and the standalone Blu-ray audio version.

14. Steven says:

i was in a shop in the US and saw a version in a blue-tinted super CD jewel case…which version is that?

15. isomediainc says:

If you are the true lover of the music you will have to enjoy this post when you read.