Lloyd Cole has posted a note on his website to clear up any confusion over the Rattlesnakes element in the recent Lloyd Cole and the Commotions Collected Recordings box set.
He points out that there was a typo in the booklet due to the US version of Rattlesnakes being used as a reference for the sleeve notes. He says:
“The US (original Geffen, not subsequent Capitol) version contained several Rik Ocasek re-mixes. And the box set sleeve notes have this credit.
To be clear – there are no re-mixes on the re-mastered Rattlesnakes. The original 1/2″ tape from Genetic Studios were used. Transferred flat to digital and the CD was mastered from this. There was no extra mastering compression or EQ, which is why the album sounds bigger and roomier. The mastering done in 1984 made the tracks tighter, and smaller. This is more noticeable on Four Flights Up and Patience. I consulted the band, we all prefer it this way”
It’s great that Lloyd has cleared this up because I know a few SDE readers were convinced the remixes had been included by accident. Since we’re discussing this set it gives me an opportunity to post some new SDE photos of it. It’s out now!
Read the note on Lloyd’s site.
- • UK Pre-order: Collected Recordings 1983-1989
- • USA Pre-order: Collected Recordings 1983-89
- • CANADA Pre-order: Collected Recordings 1983-1989
- • GERMANY Pre-order: Collected Recordings 1983-1989
- • SPAIN Pre-order: Collected Recordings 1983-1989
- • ITALY Pre-order: Collected Recordings 1983-1989