Lost Highway soundtrack reissued on limited edition yellow vinyl

movatm101

The soundtrack to David Lynch‘s 1997 film Lost Highway is to be reissued on vinyl, with the first 2000 available as a yellow pressing (with a ‘tip of black’).

The music for the film includes tracks from David Bowie, Trent Reznor, The Smashing Pumpkins, Lou Reed and Marilyn Manson, as well as contributions from Lynch’s longtime musical partner Angelo Badalamenti.

This comes in a gatefold sleeve with an outer protective sleeve. The yellow pressing is numbered but a non-limited black version is also available.

Lost Highway will be released on 4 November 2016. As usual, availability online for the coloured pressings is sketchy, although Amazon Germany look like they have some allocation.

4059251036487

Lost Highway limited Yellow pressing

Shop Price GBP Stock

0600753696569

Original Soundtrack

Lost Highway black vinyl

Shop Price GBP Stock

track_listing
SIDE A
1. David Bowie – I’m Deranged (Edit)
2. Trent Reznor – Videodrones;Questions
3. Nine Inch Nails – The Perfect Drug
4. Angelo Badalamenti- Red Bats With Teeth
5. Angelo Badalamenti – Haunting & Heartbreaking
6 The Smashing Pumpkins – Eye

SIDE B
1. Angelo Badalamenti – Dub Driving
2. Barry Adamson – Mr. Eddy’s Theme 1
3. Lou Reed – This Magic Moment
4. Barry Adamson – Mr. Eddy’s Theme 2
5. Angelo Badalamenti – Fred & Renee Make Love
6. Marilyn Manson – Apple of Sodom

SIDE C
1. Antonio Carlos Jobim – Insensatez
2. Barry Adamson – Something Wicked This Way Comes (Edit)
3. Marilyn Manson – I Put A Spell On You
4. Angelo Badalamenti – Fats Revisited
5. Angelo Badalamenti – Fred’s World
6. Rammstein – Rammstein (Edit)

SIDE D
1. Barry Adamson – Hollywood Sunset
2. Rammstein – Heirate Mich(Edit)
3. Angelo Badalamenti – Police
4. Trent Reznor – Driver Down
5. David Bowie – I’m Deranged (Reprise)

13 responses to Lost Highway soundtrack reissued on limited edition yellow vinyl

1. Simon Taylor says:

I bought the cd upon release due to the rare Smashing Pumpkins track but i dont think ive listened to it since. Time to dig the cd out over the w/e. The yellow vinyl looks very nice.

2. baward says:

“a ‘tip of black’” – huh? :-)

3. Mic Smith says:

Got this on CD when I was trying to get anything Bowie related some years ago. I assume it’s sudden re-appearance is no coincidence? Having said that for anyone who is new to Bowie collecting there’s a lot of good stuff coming out again which is a reason to celebrate the great man’s legacy.

4. Paolo says:

Originally the CD was released by Trent Reznor’s own Nothing Records, under Interscope, and then there was a vinyl pressing by Simply Vinyl. What label is reissuing this now?

Can’t remember if the Bowie track here is a different version than what was released on ‘1.Outside’, but apart from Bowie that’s a must have for all alternative 90s fans like me, great and exclusive tracks from NIN, the Pumpkins and Manson.

5. Michael Fortin says:

This was one of my favorite albums from my “angst” filled teen years. Think I’ll dig it out this weekend and give it a spin.

6. Peter says:

Ordered Yellow version off JPC.de, I use them a lot, e34, converted to £32, exchange rate of 1.07

Only reason to now shop in Eurpoe is probably availability, and special offers as per the Alex Harvey set

Peter

7. Michael says:

It is a good soundtrack, but not one I imagine having much benefit from being on vinyl. The cd works fine for this set.

8. ENGLAND says:

I just hope this comes with the correct credits for the tracks VIDEODRONES; QUESTIONS and DRIVER DOWN…

9. TM says:

19 years later and Rammstein by Rammstein remains vital. The video which includes clips from Lost Highway is an adrenaline rush like no other. I have no idea of the accuracy of this account of the filming. But it does seem to loop into the unique dark genius of Lynch.

While Lynch was filming the Death Row sequences for Lost Highway in a abandoned fire station building in LA, he was blasting the “Herzeleid” album by the German band Rammstein at full power through two huge loudspeakers he had placed on the set. Moreover, he didn’t just play it while he was shooting but also during the pauses – and, the Lost Highway crew must have been totally crazy about it. Henry Rollins (who plays Prison Guard Henry) reported that the crew started to dance ecstatically to Rammsteins earsplitting sound. Eventually Asymmetrical (Lynch’s Prduction Company) had to order more than 70 “Herzeleid” CDs from Motor Records (Germany) for the crew.

• Michael Fortin says:

Thanks for the info! This album turned me on to Rammstein. I still have “Sehnsucht” in my collection, and I bought the greatest hits “Made in Germany” a few years back. I would probably have more if it wasn’t for the language barrier, but man do they rock!

10. Mike Bushell says:

I suspect the real reason for this release is not capitalising on rare tracks, but that David Lynch is active once again (hooray!).

2017 sees the new series of Twin Peaks which will undoubtedly have a fine Angelo Badalamenti soundtrack along with damn fine coffee and dead mynah birds bleeding on the doughnuts.

11. Vladimir says:

“First pressing of 2000 individually numbered copies on yellow vinyl with a tip of black”, according to http://www.musiconvinyl.com/catalog/original-soundtrack/lost-highway#more