Madness / Full House: The Very Best Of Madness / 4LP vinyl with ‘pop-up’ sleeve

A new Madness Greatest Hits, Full House: The Very Best Of Madness will be released in a few weeks which includes songs from all of their albums, including last year’s Can’t Touch Us Now.

The 42-track collection is being issued as a two-CD set and as a special 4LP vinyl set that features a special ‘pop-up’ gatefold sleeve, along with printed inner bags.

The 4LP edition comes with an extravagant ‘pop-up’ gatefold sleeve (click image to enlarge)

The tracks are sequenced in chronological order from 1979’s The Prince to 2017’s Another Version Of Me and as well as the familiar hit singles, Full House includes a few of the band’s favourite album tracks.

Full House: The Very Best Of Madness will be released on 17 November 2017.

Madness

11. Shut Up
12. It Must Be Love
13. Cardiac Arrest
14. House Of Fun
15. Driving In My Car
16. Our House
17. Tomorrow’s (Just Another Day)
18. Wings Of A Dove
37. How Can I Tell You?
38. Misery
39. La Luna
40. Mr. Apples
41. Can’t Touch Us Now
42. Another Version Of Me

25 responses to Madness / Full House: The Very Best Of Madness / 4LP vinyl with ‘pop-up’ sleeve

1. Auntie Sabrina says:

The 2 CD version is £9.99 at Zoom and HMV (if you can get on the site).

2. Chris Squires says:

What a lovely thing this looks to be. The kind of thing that the Tears for Fears best of should have been.
    42 tracks is a decent amount. Really looking forward to this. I have “Complete” on 2LP so plenty more to get my teeth into. Nice one lads!

3. Stevie B says:

A pop up sleeve…please, no knocking the cover on this one anyone!!!!

4. Larry Davis says:

Just preordered 2 copies… 13.49 pounds Amazon UK…price will prob drop to 9.99 before the 17th…Madness is the type of band to release multiple hits type collections and all are worthy… Their singles never get old… And their newest stuff is among their strongest…

5. Lemmin says:

I’m getting this for sure on vinyl. Their individual albums are a bit pricey in the States for some reason, this will go nicely with my older pressings.

Speaking of Ska acts, sure wish rights could be figured out for Selecter. Their first two need a reissue or SDE treatment badly. It constantly amazes me the obscure bands that get this treatment while other artists get left out. I guess it’s just the way these days with rights all over the place. I think I’ll pester Cherry Red to make a push!

6. Michael McA says:

Where’s ‘Sweetest Girl’?

• Peas and Love says:

Oh yes, that’s a shame. I love their version, which improves on the Scritti version (and I’m a big Scritti fan) especially the horn break near the end. Top 40 hit as well. Otherwise good career spanning comp, and should be a good intro to the more recent stuff.

7. tom says:

Agree about the new stuff being good. Mr Apples is prime madness: great tune/lyrics and great video. It would have been massive in the 80s.

8. tom says:

Another best of??? They certainly know the art of releasing a best of every 2 years, for sure.

9. Cow says:

Pardon my ignorance, but why does the official Madness site list this as unable to ship stateside, yet Amazon UK seemingly has no similar problem? Any reasonable answer appreciated!

Sometimes it’s to do with licensing issues. The label can’t be seen to sell direct to another territory if there is another rights holder in that territory. It’s basically infringing the legal rights of the company who might have a licence to market Madness music in the USA. However with a third party (Amazon) this doesn’t really apply, or it’s at least a bit of a grey area, so they can really do what they want.

• Cow says:

Many grateful thanks for that clear explanation, which makes sense — despite shades of absurdity. Really hoping that my copy sails through from Amazon UK, because the packaging looks absolutely superb.

And I can only agree with the comments above about the strength of their newer material. I find it quite exciting when material released forty years into a career more than holds its own against anything in the canon. For my money, that’s certainly the case with Madness.

• Glenn says:

Reminds me of the rights issues around their original US releases between Sire and Geffen which prevented them from appearing on the US CD version of Dance Craze as well as their original albums not being released on CD in the US (aside from Mad Not Mad).

10. John says:

Love the artwork!!

11. Auntie Sabrina says:

Cow, maybe the postage costs/customs paperwork might mean the official site don’t want all the additional hassle?

• Cow says:

I suppose there could be a litany of reasons, really, and that could very well be one of them. I’ve got a rather long history of irresponsibly mis-directing sizeable chunks of rent-money towards the shop on their official website, without ever having had this particular problem before. This is the first time.

12. Gareth says:

Nice that it’s up to date with the more recent singles, but I already own 3 “best of” Madness CDs!!!

• Andy Vizor says:

If you only own 3 Best Ofs you’re not really trying haha. I love Madness, A LOT! But I do think they must short of cash…. another G Hits, a re-press/re-jig of the last album just weeks after release… Tommo doing Boots Hearing Aid ads & selling stuff on Pledge….

A life long fan, but I’ve thrown the towel in now. As already stated a couple of classics missing to boot. They must have overtaken Roxy Music for the most Best Ofs……

It’s really One Step Beyond, this won’t be entering Our House, it’s a Shame & Scandle. I’ve even told My Girl not to BUY IT – geddit? :-)

• Karon Yeo says:

Andy Vizor.. ‘Shut Up’ coz ‘Believe me’ it’s ‘4AM’and ‘Tomorrows just another day’..We all make ‘Mistakes’and we all have ‘Memories’So ‘Calm down Mr Apples’otherwise you’ll end up having a ‘Cardiac Arrest’and the ‘Tears u can’t hide’will leave you feeling’Overdone’and it’ll be a ‘Grey Day’ in the ‘Sun and The Rain’..

13. Albert Tatlock says:

No ‘The Sweetest Girl’, ‘I Pronounce You’ and ‘The Harder They Come’?

14. N.Lowe says:

Really wish they’d sort out the Deluxe of “The Madness”. Can’t be that difficult can it?

• Neil Kelly says:

Spot on! And maybe a repress of the hard to find Mad not mad deluxe with a full version of the DVD!! My first EVER gig!

15. e.s. says:

In addition to the omission of “Sweetest Girl,” it looks like “Sorry” and “Shame and Scandal” aren’t included, either.

Not familiar with “Sarah’s Song.” Is that a new track for this compilation?