Manic Street Preachers / Resistance is Futile / new album due in April

Almost two months after they announced it via their website, the Manic Street Preachers have made their 13th studio album Resistance Is Futile available to pre-order via channels other than their own website.

The band have recorded the new album (their first in four years) at their new studio near Newport after they were forced to vacate their Faster studio, which had been a recording, rehearsal base and general ‘hangout’ since 2005.

The 12-track album is described by the band as “widescreen melancholia” and will be available in the now familiar two-CD deluxe hardcover bookset which includes a bonus disc of the entire album in demo form and two bonus tracks.

The deluxe edition will be limited and you can pre-order that format from the SDE shop right now (worldwide shipping) along with the black vinyl.

Resistance is Futile is released on 6 April 2018.

Pre-order from the SDE shop:

Other pre-order links will be added to this post when available.

2CD deluxe edition

9. In Eternity
  10. Broken Algorithms
  11. A Song for The Sadness
  12. The Left Behind

CD 2 (deluxe only)

1. People Give In (Demo)
  2. International Blue (Demo)
  3. Distant Colours (Demo)
  4. Vivian (Demo)
  5. Dylan & Caitlin (Demo)
  6. Liverpool Revisited (Demo)
  7. Sequels Of Forgotten Wars (Demo)
  8. Hold Me Like A Heaven (Demo)
  9. In Eternity (Demo)
  10. Broken Algorithms (Demo)
  11. A Song for The Sadness (Demo)
  12. The Left Behind (Demo)
  13. Concrete Fields
  14. A Soundtrack To Complete Withdrawal

24 responses to Manic Street Preachers / Resistance is Futile / new album due in April

1. Larry Davis says:

I preordered the 2CD deluxe from Amazon UK and keep a lookout for the Japanese…if there are more bonus tracks, I will simply just cancel my preorder…I still need the Japanese deluxes of the last 2….Futurology & Rewind The Film…had the UK deluxe of RTF but when I saw the Japanese one, I sold it…someone on the reissue thread mentioned Gold Against the Soul getting SDE treatment and I say no way…they hate it…i have the 2009 2CD Japanese 4Real reissue and that will prob be final…

2. Alan Wilson says:

You’ve got a few nice collectors options on this one:

The early birds who went for signed individual or bundled items in the manics store:
    The very fetching exclusive red vinyl exclusive to the manics store (don’t know how many pressed) – but still available
    The newly announced Indie Stores Exclusive White Vinyl
    The standard black vinyl (available here and in all good indie stores) – Probably Amazon shortly as well.
    The double CD collectors book set,

A little hard on the pocket if you like to collect all the pieces of the jigsaw puzzle, but it’s good that there’s plenty of options out there.

3. Mike says:

There you go ..a housing development…if I tolerate..etc

4. Michael G says:

This has been available for quite awhile,ordered a signed copy November time ,long since sold out!

5. Joseph says:

Ordered the deluxe cd version 2 months ago.

6. Kevin Galliford says:

I ordered my signed copy from the MSP website ages ago. I think they sold out in a matter of days. On to another matter, Iwonder why they had to vacate their Cardiff studio?. Anybody know?

7. paolo says:

I’m stuck to “Know Your Enemy” with the Manics, since I didn’t like the two subsequent records and just stopped following them. This single sounds good though, maybe I should give it a try.

Where’s the video been shooted? Is it somewhere in Italy?

8. paolo says:

Nice cover art.

9. Matthew Langhorn says:

I ordered the deluxe cd, coloured vinyl and cassette bundle for £40 from the Manics website

Anybody selling a cassette deck? (Joking I probably have one in the loft, next to my minidisc player)

I think it’s signed too, or I might be confusing that with the Franz Ferdinand album lol

10. Liam Bastick says:

For the shop, will the exclusion of VAT ever be incorporated for those of us overseas and eligible? It can make a big difference for larger ticket items.

11. Rob Iles says:

Thanks Paul, just bagged my copy via the SDE shop :-)

12. Stephen says:

Any news on the Japanese version? These tend to have another two tracks tacked on to disc one.

13. Steve W says:

Hi Paul, is the money taken straightaway or on shipment?

14. korova says:

I’ve touched on this subject before Paul but this time I guess you’re closer to the possible answer, how limited is limited?

Limited enough for the label to restrict the amount of stock retailers like the SDE shop can order. I don’t know the total number produced, but what I can tell you is that I have 50 of these available for the SDE shop and don’t know at this point if I’ll be able to get any more after that. That’s the reality right now. So if you want one, and would like to support SDE then you know what to do :)