Manic Street Preachers / Send Away The Tigers 10-year collectors’ edition

Manic Street Preachers will reissue their 2007 album Send Away The Tigers in May as a 10th anniversary edition that offers a wealth of audio and video bonus material.

The ’10 Year Collectors’ Edition’ is a 2CD+DVD bookset that offers the original album (remastered by James Dean Bradfield), unheard demos, a bonus disc of b-sides and rare tracks and a DVD packed with content, including the band’s full Glastonbury set, promo videos and rare/unseen footage from rehearsals.

It’s worth noting that the band appear to have ‘done a Morrissey’ (aka ‘doing a George Lucas’) and fiddled with the album. According to track listings on the official site, Underdogs is now removed (although the demo is included) and replaced with Welcome To The Dead Zone, which was originally an extra track on CD2 of Your Love Alone Is Not Enough.

The bonus disc is fairly similar to the 2009 ‘4REAL’ reissue although two versions of Umbrella, acoustic renditions of Send Away The Tigers and Your Love Alone Is Not Enough (with Nina and James), plus the four tracks ‘live at the O2’ are not repeated on this new anniversary edition. Similarly, this new set has three or four selections not on the Japanese set (plus the demos and DVD of course). See track listings below.

This set comes packaged in a book which looks very similar to the book presentation of the album deluxe editions that started in 2009 with Journal For Plague Lovers. Nicky Wire has also contributed handwritten lyrics and imagery from his personal archive.

A gatefold 2LP vinyl edition not only includes all those unhead demos on the second LP, it actually includes an extra one not on the 2CD+DVD set – I’m Just a Patsy (cassette home acoustic demo). This includes a download codes.

Send Away The Tigers 10-year collector’s edition will be released on 12 May 2017. Note: There was a limited number of signed editions available from the Manics’ store but it must have been a very small quantity since they’ve all sold out within 3 hours of the official announcement!

0889854164324

Manic Street Preachers

Send Away The Tigers - 2CD+DVD book edition

Shop Price GBP Stock

0889854164317

Manic Street Preachers

Send Away The Tigers - 2LP vinyl edition

Shop Price GBP Stock

Send Away The Tigers / Ten-Year Collector’s Edition / 2CD+DVD book

CD1:
Send Away The Tigers
Welcome To The Dead Zone
Your Love Alone Is Not Enough (feat. Nina Persson)
Indian Summer
The Second Great Depression
Rendition
Autumnsong
I’m Just A Patsy
Imperial Bodybags
Winterlovers
Working Class Hero
Send Away the Tigers (DEMO, Faster Studios)
Underdogs (DEMO, Faster Studios)
Your Love Alone Is Not Enough (DEMO – 60’s Jangle, Faster Studios)
Indian Summer  (CASSETTE HOME ACCOUSTIC DEMO)
The Second Great Depression (DEMO, Faster Studios)
Rendition  (CASSETTE HOME ACOUSTIC DEMO)
Autumnsong  (DEMO, Faster Studios)
Imperial Bodybags  (DEMO, Faster Studios)
Winterlovers (DEMO, Faster Studios)

CD2:
Leviathan
Umbrella
Ghost Of Christmas
Boxes & Lists
Love Letter to the Future
Little Girl Lost
Fearless Punk Ballad
Your Love Alone Is Not Enough (Nina Solo Acoustic)
Red Sleeping Beauty (McCarthy cover)
The Long Goodbye
Morning Comrades
1404
The Vorticists
Autumnsong (Acoustic version)
Anorexic Rodin
Heyday of the Blood
Foggy Eyes (Beat Happening Cover)
Lady Lazarus
You Know It’s Going to Hurt

Tracks in red do not appear on the 2009 Japanese ‘4REAL’ reissue.

DVD:

Live at Glastonbury 24.06.07
You Love Us
Motorcycle Emptiness
You Stole the Sun From My Heart
Faster
Your Love Alone Is Not Enough (with Nina Persson)
Everything Must Go
From Despair to Where
Autumnsong
Ocean Spray
If You Tolerate This Your Children Will Be Next
La Tristesse Durera (Scream to a Sigh)
Imperial Bodybags

Rehearsals, Cardiff March 2007
Practice Sessions

Send Away The Tigers / Ten Year Collector’s Edtion / 2LP vinyl

VINYL SIDE A:

Send Away The Tigers
Welcome To The Dead Zone
Your Love Alone Is Not Enough (feat. Nina Persson)
Indian Summer
The Second Great Depression

VINYL SIDE B:

Rendition
Autumnsong
I’m Just A Patsy
Imperial Bodybags
Winterlovers
Working Class Hero

VINYL SIDE C:

Send Away the Tigers (DEMO, Faster Studios)
Underdogs (DEMO, Faster Studios)
Your Love Alone Is Not Enough (DEMO – 60’s Jangle, Faster Studios)
Indian Summer  (CASSETTE HOME ACCOUSTIC DEMO)
The Second Great Depression (DEMO, Faster Studios)

VINYL SIDE D:

Rendition  (CASSETTE HOME ACOUSTIC DEMO)
Autumnsong  (DEMO, Faster Studios)
I’m Just a Patsy (CASSETTE HOME ACOUSTIC DEMO)
Imperial Bodybags  (DEMO, Faster Studios)
Winterlovers (DEMO, Faster Studios)

48 responses to Manic Street Preachers / Send Away The Tigers 10-year collectors’ edition

1. Phil Wilson says:

I think the signed ones sold out within an hour, I managed to grab one within about 5 minutes of getting the email, I’m guessing there were 500 or 1000? Do we think the tracklist might be a typo? Welcome to the dead zone was track 2 on the Japan 4Real version, disc 2, so might it simply be a cutting and pasting issue? I’ve not seen any acknowledgement of changing the tracklist of it?

2. Alan B says:

The website is an absolute joke. I tried to get signed copies of the CD and LP within 5 minutes of receiving the email from the official website. When I tried to add the purchases to the basket I kept getting an error message (to many attempts, please try in a few minutes). I kept hitting refresh every few minutes for 2 hours and eventually I could add both to my basket. When I clicked on checkout there was a message beside the CD icon saying it was sold out even though I added it to the basket.
    Worse was to follow with the signed LP. I typed in my address details and then clicked to go to the payment page and I got an error message saying it had sold out and wiped out my basket.
    You would think by adding it the basket I would have locked them in. I have bought all the signed editions from the band’s web store down the years but I have never experienced a farce like this.

I had very similar issues. Didn’t get a signed copy of either…

• Ben Williams says:

I’m about to put a signed Manics CD (Postcards from a Youngman, standard edition) on ebay (UK) so anyone that missed out on a signed album have a chance here. Would rather it went to a fan, I got it years ago and I like the band and only need their hits Cd.
        P.s. Got it off their website back in 2010 originally.

3. Simon says:

I am wondering if the I’m Just a Patsy (cassette home acoustic demo) is included. On the main Manic Street Preachers website in the news story it is listed as Track 19 on CD1 and CD1 is stated as having 21 tracks, but on the Manic Street Preachers store website, its not listed and CD1 has only 20 tracks. Which one is right?

There also doesn’t seem that much of a rhyme or reason to the release order. Notwithstanding the Japanese 2009 2 CD releases, 2 albums have been re-issued twice and 2nd, 5th, 6th and 7th albums have not been re-issued, yet the 8th one is. I guess they are picking the critically acclaimed ones and the popular ones. But I would love to see Gold Against The Soul get the deluxe treatment.

4. Emmanuel says:

Apparently there is an exclusive demo on the vinyl.

5. Simon says:

I was able to get one of the signed CD’s, but I noticed that it allowed me to add more than one copy to my basket. They should restrict it to one per customer as some people may have bought more than one copy, possibly to resell.

6. Sean says:

Managed to get both signed versions after adding to my basket at least 100 times ! Why announce it and not have the site ready !!!!

7. Gavin says:

Got a signed vinyl – well pleased – but cd set is sold out
    Agree with the comments around gold against the soul – would be a great reissue as loads of quality b sides around from that era

8. Paul Kent says:

Surely this would have been the perfect place to include God Save The Manics EP. Still, ordered anyway.

9. Gary says:

Why would an album that is a mere ten years old require remastering?

10. Rare Glam says:

I believe ‘Gold Against The Soul’ is persona non grata with the band, they didn’t like how it turned out so therefore no anniversary edtion. I have all the 4Real Japanese double CDs and ‘Gold..’ is the one with the fewest tracks on the second disc. I guess there would be plenty of scope then for a fuller re-visitation. Incidentally, wouldn’t it be nice if the band wrote a new album?

11. Tim-meh says:

Totally agree with the website fiasco. Poor. Very poor.

12. Daveyman says:

Same thought here Gary (above) why would a 10 year old album need remastering – what more can be gleaned form the recordings that wasn’t there in the first place – baffles me!

I do love the books that Nicky Wire does for these now, but think overall its a case of ‘hey its 10 years old already, now seems the time to deluxe it up’ scenario!

I’ll still buy it of course… until 15 years anniversary rears it head… dammit!

• Wiltshired says:

It’s all very technical but technically remastering can create a new copyright and as such it ‘re-starts’ the copyright clock. So a recording X number of years into it’s copyright life is suddenly “born” again. I’m not saying that is the reason for all remastering but it will certainly be a signficant reason in many cases.

13. Padraig O Shea says:

How has ‘This is my truth..’ avoided the reissue campaign.It must be their best selling album.It has certainly outsold ‘Send away the tigers’ by many multiples of ten.Probably a lavish box planned for its 20th anniversary next year.

14. eric slangen says:

Got my signed vinyl without any problem about two hours after the email.
    Strange but I’m happy.

15. Robert Ivory says:

Seems odd that it would need any “re-mastering” when it’s only 10 years old?

16. David M says:

I had a signed copy momentarily but had to wait to finish the order and was too late. Should be noted that their website is much cheaper than the amazon uk link posted above. 18 quid for both.

Amazon will drop – as good as guaranteed.

• Paul stamper says:

True there website is cheaper at £18.99 but p&p took it to £23 (U.K.) so same as amazon are selling for :)

I managed to snag a signed vinyl well pleased as this is one of my fav maniacs albums

Agree with other where is gold against the soul deluxe, it’s well over due.

• David M says:

18.00 not 18.99 and amazon is 23,99 which is 24 pounds being pedantic

• Paul stamper says:

Sorry yes it’s £18 on maniacs site, p&p for the vinyl was £5.60, £23.60 total, 39p more on amazon :) nice price either way for 4 set vinyl and not the usual over priced £29.99 some releases are

• David M says:

No worries and as I am in Canada I will probably order from amazon anyway as the Manics store has much higher shipping costs.

17. patjoller says:

very cool… that album was a favorite of mine ten years ago. One of their best

18. elliott buckingham says:

love the manics later stuff but they cram to much onto a side of vinyl just looking at the photo there is hardly ant deadwax at all would rather have the album over 3 sides skip the demos and put some alt versions on side 4

• Caroline says:

I don’t think that’s an actual photograph – the bands on each disc are exactly the same size so it’s probably just a photshopped mock-up.

19. whatprogress says:

Preordered the 2CD+DVD edition from Amazon US (thank you for the link!). It’s not my favorite Manics album, but it’s a deluxe edition, and all the demos and b-sides crammed into all their deluxe editions have given me so much enjoyment.

20. Javier says:

This is great, but even better would be a reissue of “This is my truth, tell me yours”. Hope it comes next year, as Padraig says.

21. Gareth says:

Wasn’t expecting this. It’s a really good album and the extras are well worth having. Take note, Macca. This is how you do it. Not surprised if they are removing ‘Underdogs’. Nicky has never liked it. Has always reminded me of a poor man’s ‘Common People’. Give us the ‘Lifeblood’ SDE next!

22. Stephen Hofmann says:

Never do a Morrissey on an album. Just DON’T.

23. probablyrustin says:

I do appreciate the fervor with which they put together these packed deluxe editions, but others are right to say it’s all a bit random. Different anniversaries, order all over the place, formats variable. Seems like they didn’t have much of an overall plan when they started these – figuring it out as they go along.

This edition looks nice, as it did have TONS of bonus tracks to round up that I never bothered with at the time, but I do appreciate when bands revisit less popular or acclaimed albums. Sometimes those end up being far more valuable and interesting when reissued than the more revered ones (thinking of examples like Suede’s A New Morning and Smashing Pumpkins’ Adore).

24. Daran says:

One of their best albums. With Mac’s TITN, DM’s Spirit and now this it is going to be an expensive month or two. Floyd’s individual early years releases may gave to wait……

25. Kristian says:

Not sad to see Underdogs go, not one bit, Welcome To The Dead Zone is a much better song. Dump that cover of Working Class Hero while you’re at it and you’ve got an even better album.

26. Larry Davis says:

This was surprising…I have all the 4REAL Japanese deluxes, all expensive, but pre-ordered this anyway as it was cheap enough and with a DVD…only $17 US and change, even better as I am an Amazon Prime member, so it’s free 2-day shipping. Even though this has pretty much all of the 4REAL bonuses, I’m still keeping it, not replacing it, because it would break up the whole series, and it has “Underdogs”, which is now removed…weird. Always loved this album, but these reissues are very random and all over the place, orderwise. Always wondered why “Gold” got the shaft. What about “Know Your Enemy”?? Came out in 2000, maybe in 3 years, there will be a 20th anniversary?? That album rocks!! But “Truth” should be a 20th reissue next year, as it was their biggest seller and the 4REAL release was good.

27. Neil says:

How do you remaster an album that’s only 10 years old and sounded fine in the first place ? I would imagine people who bought this originally will have the vast majority of the stuff included on this so i don’t see the point really and why the hell do they keep ignoring Gold Against The Soul ?

28. Brad B. says:

Hello, does anyone know if the DVD in this package is region-free? As a US fan who doesn’t have a region-free player I’d like to know before ordering.

29. TheScoundrel says:

So sad to miss out on the signed copies… Was building a lovely little collection of these. Oh well, will have to start saving for scalper copies. Unless the website issues could result in a few extra copies…?

30. Marc says:

Agreed with Kristian – Underdogs is the only reason I don’t listen to this album more often. I know it’s there, and i don’t like the idea of skipping a song when hearing an album. Basically, it ruined it. Oddly enough it was the first promo off the album. Working Class Hero was thankfully a hidden track. I would have preferred Umbrella :-)

I would welcome a retracking of Know Your Enemy. That album had so much potential but unferotunately had too many filler songs and bad ordering. Remove Miss Europa, Wattsville Blues, My Guernica + add Masses and maybe Just a Kid and your good to go.

31. Elliot says:

I might get this to fill in any missing b-sides in my Manics collection. I agree with others about Gold Against the Soul being ignored, it’s a solid album and better than a lot of the post Everything Must Go albums. Deluxe editions for This is My Truth…, Know Your Enemy and Lifeblood would be welcome as well.

32. Larry Davis says:

Honestly, I don’t think the new remastering of “Tigers” will make much of a difference…a reMIX would be radical, but this is not that. As for “Gold”, it wasn’t the 4REAL reissue with the fewest tracks…”The Holy Bible” one was…but I can see why the band doesn’t like it, it’s second-nature next to “Generation Terrorists”, and feels like a quickie transitional piece, not unlike the Clash’s “Give Em Enough Rope” or even the Beatles’ “Magical Mystery Tour”…I like it and LOVE it in spots, but is it a masterpiece?? Nope. I still need the boxsets of “Generation Terrorists” & “Everything Must Go”, as well as the Japanese bookdeluxes of “Rewind The Film” & “Futurology”…I had the UK RTF but I found out there was a Japanese bookbox with the missing bonus track, so I sold mine…waiting for the prices to drop…also, will “Lipstick Traces” be redone?? Got the Japanese one of that with the bonus EP tracks…

33. Andrew says:

It’s a joke that this wasn’t limited to 1 per customer. I have bought all of the previous, deluxe signed editions but for some reason this was gone by the time I was able to get online after work. I have since noticed someone on eBay selling nine copies for £53.99. I hate you scalpers and that is the censored version!

34. Pingback:Saturday Deluxe / 18 March 2017 | superdeluxeedition

35. JuzzyB says:

Interesting to see some enthusiasm for removing or adding tracks to album reissues. Well, I reckon it’s a pointless attempt to rewrite history. Bands should just suck it up and put out definitive reissues of their albums; real fans will know the originals very well and if there is the odd crap track on there, well they are expected and that’s just the way it is. Omitting things because you are now embarrassed by them makes for an incomplete package and doesn’t save face at all. Albums are documents of a band at a particular time, ‘improvement’ is just fiddling – extra tracks are of course welcome, but the running order of the record should be preserved. Incidentally, Underdogs isn’t the worst song Nicky Wire has written; if he is going to start cringing at and removing his previous efforts then maybe we can look forward to some slimmed-down anniversary editions.
    Nice set, though. Will probably buy it!

36. James says:

I don’t get why the vinyl reissue has the demos instead of the b-sides. Demos are interesting fir a once over, b-sides are far more worthy of the vinyl space.