Marvin Gaye / Vol One 1961-1965

marvingaye1

Here’s what the forthcoming Marvin Gaye Volume One 1961-1965 vinyl box looks like!

This 7LP set is due for release on 20 April 2015 and full details of the content can be found here.

Note: The previous advice of pre-ordering with Amazon Spain still stands – it’s over £40 cheaper than the UK price.

marvingaye2

Albums in the box:

The Soulful Moods of Marvin Gaye (1961)
That Stubborn Kinda Fellow (1963)
When I’m Alone I Cry (1964)
Hello Broadway (1964)
Together – Marvin Gaye and Mary Wells (1964)
How Sweet It Is to Be Loved by You (1965)
A Tribute to the Great Nat “King” Cole (1965)

9 responses to Marvin Gaye / Vol One 1961-1965

1. graeme ewan says:

NO THANKS, GIVE ALL YOUR CASH TO NONA!!! ( is that her name? cant remember) anyway, – she cries because someone dare use the similar chords/notes apparently. AVOID AVOID AVOID. fair enough, it may be similar but come on people, come on……….

• Andreas says:

credit due where credit due – I couldn’t believe it wasn’t a sample. First time i heard it, I asumed it was! Crap song none the less (Blurred Lines that is)

2. graeme ewan says:

That last post sounded like someone elses!! who can i sue!!???

3. hedley says:

Think it might just be safer for me to just drive over to Studio A on West Grand Boulevard and hum a few bars. I will skip ownership as much as I like Marvin (especially with Tammi)

4. bob says:

It is odd that she has probably now got more money than Marvin himself ever had in his lifetime, a bit like winning the lottery.

5. Charles says:

I’m excited to see that Marvin Gaye’s sixties albums are being reissued on vinyl again. Hopefully they aren’t mastered from 44.1 bit cds. I’m looking forward to purchasing this set.

6. Pingback:Out This Week / on 11 Sep 2015 | superdeluxeedition