Marvin Gaye / Vol One 1961-1965

marvingaye1

Here’s what the forthcoming Marvin Gaye Volume One 1961-1965 vinyl box looks like!

This 7LP set is due for release on 20 April 2015 and full details of the content can be found here.

Note: The previous advice of pre-ordering with Amazon Spain still stands – it’s over £40 cheaper than the UK price.

marvingaye2

Albums in the box:

The Soulful Moods of Marvin Gaye (1961)
That Stubborn Kinda Fellow (1963)
When I’m Alone I Cry (1964)
Hello Broadway (1964)
Together – Marvin Gaye and Mary Wells (1964)
How Sweet It Is to Be Loved by You (1965)
A Tribute to the Great Nat “King” Cole (1965)

10 responses to Marvin Gaye / Vol One 1961-1965

1. graeme ewan says:

NO THANKS, GIVE ALL YOUR CASH TO NONA!!! ( is that her name? cant remember) anyway, – she cries because someone dare use the similar chords/notes apparently. AVOID AVOID AVOID. fair enough, it may be similar but come on people, come on……….

• Andreas says:

credit due where credit due – I couldn’t believe it wasn’t a sample. First time i heard it, I asumed it was! Crap song none the less (Blurred Lines that is)

2. graeme ewan says:

That last post sounded like someone elses!! who can i sue!!???

3. hedley says:

Think it might just be safer for me to just drive over to Studio A on West Grand Boulevard and hum a few bars. I will skip ownership as much as I like Marvin (especially with Tammi)

4. bob says:

It is odd that she has probably now got more money than Marvin himself ever had in his lifetime, a bit like winning the lottery.

5. Charles says:

I’m excited to see that Marvin Gaye’s sixties albums are being reissued on vinyl again. Hopefully they aren’t mastered from 44.1 bit cds. I’m looking forward to purchasing this set.

• karri korsu says:

So? Were they from cds or mp3s or something similar? If you can give me some info about the jackets and packaging that would be useful.

6. Pingback:Out This Week / on 11 Sep 2015 | superdeluxeedition