Seven months after the release of Volume One covering Marvin Gaye’s first seven studio albums, the forthcoming Volume Two: 1966-1970 vinyl box set will showcase his next eight…
Volume One, as previewed by SDE back in February, took listeners up to A Tribute to the Great Nat “King” Cole (1965), and included his 1964 duet with Mary Wells, Together, which gave him his first US top 40 album.
Currently, Amazon UK are incorrectly flagging this as a seven-disc set (even though their own preview image shows eight albums!), but don’t be misled. All of the Gaye’s eight studio albums – four solo long-players and four duet albums – recorded between 1966 and 1970 are included. That is:
- • Moods of Marvin Gaye (1966)
- • Take Two (with Kim Weston – 1966)
- • United (with Tammi Terrell – 1967)
- • In The Groove (aka I Heard It Through the Grapevine – 1968)
- • You’re All I Need (with Tammi Terrell – 1968)
- • M.P.G. (1969)
- • Easy (with Tammi Terrell – 1969)
- • That’s The Way Love Is (1970)
Each album is pressed on 180g vinyl, presented in sleeves purported to be exact replicas of the original releases, and all are packaged together in a rigid card outer box. The set also comes with a download code for MP3s.
Volume Two 1966-1970 is released on 13 November 2015.