More Star Wars gold vinyl soundtracks

starwars3

Perhaps not unexpectedly, Sony Music Classical will follow up their forthcoming limited edition 2LP gold vinyl edition of John Williams’ Star Wars soundtrack with similar sets for the other two films in the original trilogy; The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi.

Although Star Wars is out in June, you’re going to have to wait a little longer for the others. The Empire Strikes Back is slated for an August release, while Return of the Jedi is scheduled for November. Time to save up, at least.

Talking of which, like Star Wars, Empire is a double LP and can be pre-ordered for a pretty decent £22. Jedi comes as a single vinyl record and is therefore not such good value at £21. All of these prices are correct at the time of writing and they could well drop before release, of course.

pre-order

starwars_gold

Star Wars limited edition gold vinyl

empire_gold

The Empire Strikes Back limited edition gold vinyl

jedi_gold

Return of the Jedi limited edition gold vinyl

6 responses to More Star Wars gold vinyl soundtracks

1. Ralph says:

My guess is that Star Wars fans will have already bought all copies Long before “regular” Vinyl collectors will have a Chance to get hold of one of These.

• Andrew says:

Sorry, I don’t understand your point. If you want copies of the albums they are readily available to pre-order.

• Alone With Strangers says:

Eh? Anyone can buy them now and I reckon ‘vinyl collectors’ as you call them may well be ahead of the queue because they follow blogs like this one.

2. Jim says:

I’m botha Star Wars fan and a vinyl collector. So, yeah, I’ve pre-ordered them all. The 2-3 month gap between releases is kind on the wallet. I have a copy of Empire that was bought for me when I was a kid in 1980 for about £3. It’s been well played so I’m happy to get a nice new copy, regardless of vinyl colour.

3. bertielego says:

Nice!… but I just bought the Episodes I to VI vinyl boxset…

4. Chris says:

I was hoping they would go for white vinyl for Empire and green vinyl for Jedi.