Neil Diamond / Hot August Night III

Neil Diamond played a concert at Los Angeles’ Greek Theatre back in 2012 to mark the 40th anniversary of his original Hot August Night album/performance. That show is now being issued as Hot August Night III in audio-video combo packages.

The show (in the same venue he played in 1972) features 31 of Diamond’s greatest hits and is available as a 2CD+Blu-ray set, a 2CD+DVD set or a simple 2CD audio package. The DVD or Blu-ray elements include a bonus behind-the-scenes features.

Hot August Night III will be released on 17 August 2018.

Neil Diamond

14. Brother Love’s Travelling Salvation Show

15. I’ve Been This Way Before

16. Walk Off

17. Band Bows

18. Audience Exit

DVD or blu-ray
Tracks as per CDs plus bonus behind-the-scenes featurette

16 responses to Neil Diamond / Hot August Night III

1. Tom M Hans says:

I picked this up today at my local Target because it was 4.00 off, together with Egypt Station by Macca. Put in the car stereo, man, does this sound abysmally compressed. Like an audio from a DVD, badly ripped and then burned to a CD. Great setlist, though, Neil Diamond Jukebox like.
    Will give Egypt Station a listen tomorrow, though I am underwhelmed by the lyrics to I wanT to fuh you… We’ll see. Good Night.

2. Geoff says:

Anxious to see and own! But the ULTIMATE for me would be for them to release a concert dvd of THE JAZZ SINGER tour!!! I have seen all of his tours since 1976 and The Jazz Singer tour for me was his absolute BEST!!! I saw 4 of those shows and still was not enough! Had the opportunity to see twice as many and regret not doing it! Would be so awesome if they would make a dvd of Neil’s performances on that tour!!!! PLEASE!!!

3. Martin says:

Amazing that this one was still accessible to fix up for release. Next he should release a show from when he toured for 12 Songs, a show from when he toured for Melody Road, a 50th anniversary tour show (I saw that one) then he’ll have released every show since 2001. He should pull unreleased material and release lots of it. Especially live albums since he will never headline a tour again.

4. John Kendrew says:

I was there on the Saturday night the 18th, Neils mothers 94th birthday. It would have been my mum’s 89th but she passed away a year earlier. I had flown in from England.
    As I was leaving I was stopped, interviewed and filmed. I am excited at the prospect of being on the DVD. Thank you Neil for all you have given to us. A fitting memory but “Done Too Soon”.

5. Carl says:

Nice way for Neil to end his career with the third instsllment in the Hot August Night trilogy. Definite must have for my collection.

6. Thomas says:

Hello Lee, at the Greek he gave a total of 5 concerts in August 2012, flew in from Germany just to see him there, I saw the Aug 23 concert, there were cameras all over, maybe you saw him on another day, desperately have been waiting for 6 years now to see this video release, if it is the recording of the Aug 23 concert you may see me at the left side in the first row, maybe it is am mix of all 5 shows

7. Lee says:

This will be another superb live album to add to my massive ND colection
    We was lucky enough to go to this concert at the greek theatre, i do not remember any cameras recording so i can only assume it was on another night
    It was a magiacl experiance and one i will never forget
    I have now seen every uk concert in last 37 yrs. the man is a Legend

8. Beverley Vernau says:

Excellent man shame he won’t come back to England again have seen him 10 times in concert

9. Barbara C Walsh says:

I got excited when I heard about this. I love Neil and saw him in concert several times. Fantastic but the prices are a little outrageous. I’m passing on this.

10. Benjamin Adams says:

LOL whut.

I’ll stick with the original HAN.

11. Herman Bulten says:

No “If you know what I mean”……a big waste !

12. Mary says:

So glad that I saw him in London. Love the man. One of the best ever performers.

13. elliott buckingham says:

wish he’d play the pot smokers song

14. Philip says:

“Audience Exit” could be the band’s play out music after Neil has left the stage……

15. Ben Williams says:

Cool release. Neil Diamond is a great live act. Glad I saw him when I did a few years ago.

Strange that “Audience Exit” is an actual separate track unless its an obscure b-side of Diamond’s that I’ve missed?